The Mackatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question unwanted fat but looking to get huge, how much should i eat?

i have around 6 or 7 pounds of body fat that for obvious reasons i dont want but having spent a fair amount on protein supps and not seen as good results as id have liked i am determined to pack on some decent mass within the next couple of months.
    the fact that i am not lean suggests to me that i take on too many calories, however i am returning to my 5 days a week intense training program and am looking to get big. im not exactly super fat (5,9" 160lbs 30" waist) but im unsure about whether or not to eat plenty more calories (currently consume around 1700-2000) with the risk of getting more tubby or eat the same or slighhtly less and hope i can still achieve some decent gains.
    the other thing is that up untill about a month ago i trained hard 5 days a week for two or three months, ate about the same as i do now, drank protein in the morning and post workout and probably only gained about 3 or 4 pounds of muscle if that!
    can anybody please give me some decent advice cos i'm stumped!!

Official Toad Kicker garbage cutters's Avatar
    garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The Mackatron
    i have around 6 or 7 pounds of body fat that for obvious reasons i dont want but having spent a fair amount on protein supps and not seen as good results as id have liked i am determined to pack on some decent mass within the next couple of months.
    the fact that i am not lean suggests to me that i take on too many calories, however i am returning to my 5 days a week intense training program and am looking to get big. im not exactly super fat (5,9" 160lbs 30" waist) but im unsure about whether or not to eat plenty more calories (currently consume around 1700-2000) with the risk of getting more tubby or eat the same or slighhtly less and hope i can still achieve some decent gains.
    the other thing is that up untill about a month ago i trained hard 5 days a week for two or three months, ate about the same as i do now, drank protein in the morning and post workout and probably only gained about 3 or 4 pounds of muscle if that!
    can anybody please give me some decent advice cos i'm stumped!!

first of all you definetly have more than 6-7lbs of body fat because if you really did have 6-7lbs of body fat you would be at about 4% bf..so first off you need to get your figures straight and determine how much fat you have on you, and how much you want to lose, then construct an adequate meal plan with an excess or deficit of calories depending on if you want to add or lose weight you can find your maintanence calories all over on google