JonnyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How often should i do pushups, crunches etc?

Sorry if i sound like a noob! I used to do push ups and situps before i went to the gym and i stopped it when i found out you got to let them rest and grow and i spent more time at the gym. But i've read people sayin they do 100 pushups a night etc so is it worth doing that kind of thing?
    thanks in advance

t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100) t-mic is not very well liked. (-100)
    I mean right now Im not even that big, Im just very proportionate and cut, so I look just like a natural pro only shrunk. Im only like 15 and 5'6-5'7 but you can take a pro natural bodybuilders body and look at it from kind of far away and look at me kind of close up and itl be identicle. I think im gonna compete iin like a month for the 15 year olds now that i think about it.

XRoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JonnyJ
    Sorry if i sound like a noob! I used to do push ups and situps before i went to the gym and i stopped it when i found out you got to let them rest and grow and i spent more time at the gym. But i've read people sayin they do 100 pushups a night etc so is it worth doing that kind of thing?
    thanks in advance
    If you're looking to build muscle I wouldn't recommend doing 100 pressups/situps per night (though there's probably some sort of "super routine" which swears by this, ignore it ).

If ever I can't get to a gym (i.e. all the time, now) I do weighted bodyweight exercises, i.e.

For chest I do:
    Dips between two chairs with a backpack on - 3 sets of 8 reps each
    Chair Pressups (Legs elevated with hands on two chair, allowing my chest full range of motion) with a backpack on - 3 sets of 8 reps each

Doing 100 pressups/situps per night will increase your endurance rather than size.