lmlloyd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lmlloyd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lmlloyd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

outside fasting window I.F

Just wondering can i have sugar free jelly if i feel bit hungry outside my fasting window ? will it not break the fast ?

there about 5 cals a pot [Hartley jelly's]

LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightsOut06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    who cares about a fasting window? You're not getting any benefits by sticking to some arbitrary fasting window. If you wanna eat then eat. All that matters if that you meet your caloric goals.

Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500) Jnewman011 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I don't know why you're concerned with "breaking your fast", there's no real science behind IF, it's just a term created by the fitness community for a way to space out your meals and eat when it's convenient for you and keep you fuller longer with few, big meals; as opposed to frequent small meals that just make want to keep eating bc you're not satisfied. If you're hungry, just eat something and account for it in caloric total for the day.

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by lmlloyd1981 View Post
    Just wondering can i have sugar free jelly if i feel bit hungry outside my fasting window ? will it not break the fast ?

NO!! You will die.

Seriously, IF is used to control calories consumed. For many people, eating in a window helps control how much they eat. There is some evidence that fasting has an effect on hormone levels, but most people never fast long enough to see those benefits, if they exist. That would be 24 hour fasts or longer. I'm not well read on the topic because it doesn't appeal to me.

So no eating a bit of food is fine as long as you keep your total calories where you desire and occasionally exceeding your goal won't kill you either. It will just take longer to reach your goal. I think that to many people are in such a rush to reach some goal that they end up rebounding or failing because they aren't being reasonable. Myself included.

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)

hey man, good question actually ... IF has to do with insulin and growth hormone. over time the insulin will decrease and the growth hormone will increase because the body will be in a fasted state. anything consumed will result in the pancreas releasing insulin to break down the food into glucose which must then be used up.
    i do IF and would personally save that for the eating window. best to consume most calories after workout . insulin will spike and everything will go to the muscles to repair!

alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nah mate, if ur gonna do IF do it properly.

lmlloyd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lmlloyd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lmlloyd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that one reason i do I.f to keep my insulin under controll [diabetic type 2 ] though since been on I.f my diabetes is like its gone my 3 month checkup is better than normal range and i.f broke my 7 month long plateau of usual 5-6 meal which i hated since [I.F] then ive lost 17lbs in 3 months ,i do 18hrs min mostly - 22 hrs some days its kept my hunger in check im not hungry at all after ive eaten my calories for the day i finish eating around 2-3pm and dont eat till morning unless it gym day then i stay fasted till i get home and eat
    I dont think IMO I.F is nonsense as when i Eaton 4-6 meals a day my diabetes was everywhere though i did lose weight when i was eating like this 10st worth it eventually plateaued on me even though min calories rest day was around 1800 gym days 2400 now i eat that amount with I.F and i'm losing weight and 15lbs from my target

I.F IMO has many benefits just my opinion though

and to my question about jelly could be about anything i.e cup of coffee lean-gains website Say's u can have coffee but just don't want to spike my sugar level if i don't need to i'd like to keep it under control

Originally Posted by alexistheboss View Post
    nah mate, if ur gonna do IF do it properly.
    yeah i'll carry on properly just an idea doesn't coffee spike insulin though ?

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah i'll carry on properly just an idea doesn't coffee spike insulin though ?
    no haha , just "false energy" .. have ONLY black coffee no milk or sugar

Originally Posted by transformerchad View Post
    no haha , just "false energy" .. have ONLY black coffee no milk or sugar
    Thanks as Ive been using my-protein Flavdrops no cal sweetener and a drop almond milk unsweetened blue diamond stuff ,ill drink it without

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Managing hunger and learning to "disconnect" from constant eating is a huge benefit of IF in my experience. Don't sabotage that because your tummy rumbles a little. Your hunger patterns will adjust over a week or two.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Managing hunger and learning to "disconnect" from constant eating is a huge benefit of IF in my experience. Don't sabotage that because your tummy rumbles a little. Your hunger patterns will adjust over a week or two.
    yeah it was mainly a question if it would raise my insulin therefore break the "fast" or anything else low cal sugar free not just jelly
    i'm not hungry once Ive Eaton my calories up Ive been I.f for about 3 months constantly and being strict never eat out side the window don't feel hungry outside window neither not like when i was eating 4-6 meal a day always hungry lol i.f feels to me quite easy to do ,I still have morning snack then big lunch i just cut out dinner as i finish eating around 2-3pm and feel good

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Agreed!

Weight loss is great, but IF literally changed the way I think about food. I can go without it for much longer than I previously thought.
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cunfewzed View Post
    Agreed!

Weight loss is great, but IF literally changed the way I think about food. I can go without it for much longer than I previously thought.
    EXACTLY. It taught me that what I "thought" was hunger was really just me wanting to resort to my fatty ways of eating for pleasure.
    2011:
    LBS: 210+ to 148
    BF%: 28+ to 11%

2015:
    LBS: 170 to 149
    BF%: 20 to 12.8%

Goal: 170LBS, 10%BF

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SteveFromNY View Post
    EXACTLY. It taught me that what I "thought" was hunger was really just me wanting to resort to my fatty ways of eating for pleasure.
    This is actually one reason why I would recommend IF to any over eater, even if they only do it for a week or two. I did it for a few weeks and it taught me the difference between hunger and boredom, I just used to eat out of boredom. I've stopped IF now but I don't eat out of boredom any more.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24