Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What Inspired You To Lose Weight?

The "Were You Treated Differently After Losing Weight" thread is about as inspirational as it gets, but now I'm curious: what made people get there and just do it?

For me, it was a combination of things and I always find renewed reasons for keeping course. One thing that really stood out in my mind is being in an emergency room and having everyone gawk at me whilst I was half-naked following a trauma. I felt so exposed, and not just cuz I was! But that alone didn't cement my resolve, it made me remember a series of extremely soul crushing incidents related to my weight:

* In high school one of my classes was treated to breakfast by our teacher. We went to Denny's. I had the Grand Slam and didn't think anything was abnormal, but then I saw how all the girls were giving me a horrified stare. Until that moment it never occurred to me that eating 2 pancakes, sausage, eggs, and bacon was overdoing it. I felt like a freak and the memory still stings all these years later.

* Once I went backpacking in a national forest. I was on an access road to a hostel and a truck with a man and his teenage son drove past and they just started pointing and laughing. It hurt then, but I didn't really feel the sting until after I had developed pictures of my trip. I was HUGE, and the sight of a lone fat woman walking with about 20 kilograms of camping equipment must have struck quite the picture.

* Various incidents in my late teenage years when I'd be with a group of male friends and they'd practically jump over me to get a view of a good looking girl. They were never actually mean to me (otherwise I wouldn't be their friends), but I was always in the midst of their conversations on what they thought was attractive in a girl, and while I was never interesting in any of them on more than a platonic level, a little bit of sadness arose in me with the realization that normal guys like that would never find me attractive; I'd never be more than a friend.

* Incidents which continue today, little subtle gestures or body language or whatnot that makes it clear that people hold me in lower esteem for my appearance. For example, I went to the Health and Fitness Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Centre two weeks ago and was summarily ignored by the people maintaining the booths. On two occasions they even stopped talking to me mid-sentence to direct their attention at a more in shape person. I guess they thought that I was just some idle fatty who was wasting their time. :-(

What are you inspiration stories?

aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Better health, more looks from people, be more comfortable going out swimming.

kaufman37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was tired of being the fat guy in class, once i started i working out i fell in love with it and its turning into a potential career now
    "some of us slump, and some of us pump"

aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude, a grand slam is nothing. They just jealous cause they can't stomach it haha.

Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I workout because it costs too much money to switch from medium to large clothes

Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Having kids.

I didnt want to be the fat dad who couldnt do sports or take shirt off at beach.
    Back on it

Dropped from 250lbs+

MISC. Mice Legal Rep. senorhayabusa's Avatar
    senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50) senorhayabusa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    getting dumped by my ex-girlfriend and realizing that I had become a fat ass during our time together

No pain, no (weight) loss Badfrog's Avatar
    Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've gotten really tired of hearing how fat America is and of being part of that number.

To be an example not only for my kids but also for family and friends. Most everyone I know could stand to lose anywhere from 10-150lbs. It's time someone took charge and lead the way.

But probably the biggest reason is regret. Can't tell you how many times I've sat there and wondered what I would look like or how things would be if I had stuck to weight loss and weightlifting in the past. Time to stop wondering and start doing.

A Country Boy Can Survive atrain11b's Avatar
    atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looking back at my pics from my Anniversary trip with the wife to Hawaii.

I saw those and said, "your in the Army, and you look like this" WTF. I feel if I lose weight, get strong, it can help my health and my job performance. Deploying unhealthy is not only a risk to myself, but to my fellow troops.

That and the personal satisfaction of looking good, and knowing at one time a few years back I was well defined, and couldn't believe I let it all go.
    FOB Salerno Afghanistan ABC:
    htttp://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29815

You want to know the secret? The secret to geting huge? Bro, there are no ****in secrets. -House-

Juggernaut Mode Activated FadeawayJ23's Avatar
    FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FadeawayJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When compliments are prefaced with, "For a big guy...."

For a big guy, you move pretty good.

For a big guy, you are pretty cute.

For a big guy, you hold your weight well.

I've heard this almost my whole life and I HATE that qualifier.
    "One day, this pain will all make sense."
    Check out my journey: www.fatboy2fitboy.com

A Country Boy Can Survive atrain11b's Avatar
    atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500) atrain11b is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FadeawayJ23 View Post
    When compliments are prefaced with, "For a big guy...."

For a big guy, you move pretty good.

For a big guy, you are pretty cute.

For a big guy, you hold your weight well.

I've heard this almost my whole life and I HATE that qualifier.

Well for a SWOLE Guy, you post is great.
    FOB Salerno Afghanistan ABC:
    htttp://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29815

You want to know the secret? The secret to geting huge? Bro, there are no ****in secrets. -House-

t2crazee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bad Company View Post
    Having kids.

I didnt want to be the fat dad who couldnt do sports or take shirt off at beach.
    ...x2

Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Was a lifetime of struggling with weight that built up the tension. One night over a year ago I was at a bar, half drunk and realized I wasn't having fun. Then it occured to me that most of the time when I went to bars I wasn't having fun. So I asked myself "WTF am I here for" then I left, went home and started my journey the next morning. Nothing dramatic, just was the breaking point for me.

mquang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mquang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mquang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mquang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mquang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to have a better relationship with myself and to attract an attractive partner in life. Can't expect something when you don't have

Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When my girlfriend called me fat, i dumped her on the spot and started hitting the weightroom and doin cardio like a madman. Havnt stopped me yet and she wants me back every day of the week. I dont want her ever again tho.
    "A single measurement is worth a thousand opinions"

ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000) ElvisC is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always wanted to lose weight but every girl I was with would always bitch that I "wasn't spending enough time with them." So summer 2006 I was going to meet this girl from AZ for the first time. She was absolutely beautiful and I was a fat ass, So I decided to kick my ass and look amazing for when she came. Then it became a lifestyle.
    ~Misc Shaved Head Crew~
    ★ Cancer Survivor Crew ★

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First of, I'm not THAT fat (I hear that alot, so I guess its true), I'm just chubby.

So here are my inspirations:

* self consideration, wanting to look better, not accepting myself (which results in hating the beach/pool juste because I had to take my shirt off.. the fact that I only hang out with "attractive" people (guys/girls) made it even worse to me.)

*Some remarks/stares I get when I actually take my shirt off (all my fat is in my belly)

*Shopping in China (you can't imagine how hard it is for someone who has wide shoulders and some pounds to lose to find a nice shirt there)

*I think this one has something to do with me not liking my body. Girls. I always feel like I wouldn't be good enough etc.. (yeah strong confidence issues ^^)

May I never be complete. Falling's Avatar
    Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hating the rampant self-pityism that goes around, and then taking a look at myself and realizing I hate myself for being no different. There's no greater inspiration than hate.

JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyB1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To see what I would look like without the fat lol
    Height: 6' 4" Weight (As of 07/01/08) 340LB
    280LB By 09/09/2008
    240LB By 07/01/2009

braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I can confidently wear swim shorts. I have never been able to take my shirt off and not feel like everyone is looking at me in disgust.

Underage Thinking user4165146510's Avatar
    user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you live at the beach, you better look like it.

Plus I want this physique...http://www.gregplitt.com/
    "I find this thread allows me to be a more positive person" - TheDukeUSMC -- commenting on the sexy gif thread.

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was about 150 lbs and about 30ish% body fat when I graduated HS....my ex wouldn't let me workout, he was SO controlling. But when I finally was able to dump his a$$ and leave for college, I got into working out so I wouldn't gain the Freshmen 15.

Then when I got with my bf I have now, I realized that between my weight problem and my stupid ex, I had pretty much no self-esteem and I was really jealous. I tried not to be controlling, but I'd be really uncomfortable around other girls because I thought absolutely every girl was skinnier and prettier than me.

So 2006 I lost a lot from just a ton of exercise even though I didn't know how to eat, and then in 2007 I learned about Figure and Bodybuilding and clean eating and all that, and now my motivation is to get my physique to the best it can be.

It's sort of hard to see, but this is me in 2005, first day of college (I'm on the right):
    [img]http://photos-a.ak.********.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v16/24/43/25519172/n25519172_30301584_3947.jpg[/img]

money lol, lol money BeefyMcNasty's Avatar
    BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm getting tired of having to order my clothes online or going to those damn big and tall stores.

I want to be able to take my shirt off in public.

I want to feel and look good.

I'm sick of getting winded climbing up a flight of stairs.

I want to travel, and my ass in airplane seats is not the most comfortable thing for me or the people unlucky enough to sit next to me.
    You bring the pepper, I'll bring the Angus.

"People will kill you over time, and how they'll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like 'be realistic.' "

**Self-Employed Crew**

**Bert Stare Bathroom Attendants Who Expect Me To Tip Them Crew**

Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sex with hotter women

Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Badfrog View Post
    I've gotten really tired of hearing how fat America is and of being part of that number.
    Exactly bro. I played video games ALOT when i was big one of the main reasons i was/am fat and i would play online with people from around the world and when we would play against ppl all they would talk about is how fat americans are and it pissed me off cause i was in that group and i wanted that to change. Now im pretty much addicted to healthy eating and working out so its no problem staying motavated anymore but if there was all i would have to do id think of this one guys gamertag for XBL
    Americansarefat
    Last edited by Criollo; 03-02-2008 at 07:17 AM.
    "I dont mean bitch in a disrespectful way, I mean bitch as a general term for women" Kratos, son of Zues
    PC+Xbox1+PS4+WiiU true master race. Can't we all get along?
    ***Tom Clancy's: The Division "Kill all betas"/Survival of the Fittest*** Crew
    I will take your stuff in darkzone even if you are my friend, deal with it.