viper711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deadlift, bruises on above knee cap

is this normal if you keeping your form tight and really dragging the bar up your legs? I have bruises above both knee caps, and scrapes up both shins. Is my form not as good as I think/see if this is happening?

also, my squat is alot more than I can deadlift
    285x5 squat

235x5 deadlift

any ideas?

Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by viper711 View Post
    is this normal if you keeping your form tight and really dragging the bar up your legs? I have bruises above both knee caps, and scrapes up both shins. Is my form not as good as I think/see if this is happening?

also, my squat is alot more than I can deadlift
    285x5 squat

235x5 deadlift

any ideas?
    were sweat pants when deadin..
    MAX FITS CREW

lol. this is all with wearing sweat pants. im hardcore

coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coloradokevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Seems normal to me. Of all the people I know who do deadlifts (a very dwindling few it seems), most have dealt with the issue of leaving skin behind on the bar. It just seems to happen. You get used to it too, I suppose.

Your dead vs squat weight may mean that you haven't been deadlifting much, IMO. With a 285 squat, I'd expect that your deads will move up quickly from your current weight with a little emphasis on the exercise.

IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50) IamKazam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If it bothers you to much you could get knee wraps or something similar.

yea the scraping part i know. means good form i guess. what about the bruises?

and yea I just got back into deads about 2 weeks ago, and it was my first time on a BB. At my home gym i use the shrug/trap bar which I can do a hell of alot more than 235 on. I think im weaker in my back, because I can get the bar up off the floor fine, lockout is tougher for me

edit - doesn't bother, jsut wanted to see if this was a sign of bad form or something.. lol dieselweasel for example, i bet he gets bruises from all that hitching

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Above the knee caps is not normal.

You're having trouble clearing the knees. Many professionals suggest not bending the lower back until the bar clears the knees.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeh i have them.

I smashed my knees while lowering the bar one day. Just concentrate on the negative part of the movement, make sure you clear the knees.
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrower85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when i was powerlifting we used to put baby powder on the legs so it just went over.

rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgranger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    and yea I just got back into deads about 2 weeks ago...

I think that's just it. I had the same problem when I started, but the more experince I had, the better my form got, and the less damage I was doing to my shins and knees. You'll adjust.

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Above the knee caps is not normal.

You're having trouble clearing the knees. Many professionals suggest not bending the lower back until the bar clears the knees.

makes sense, but just from reviewing that motion in my head a bit, wouldn't you be "good-morning" up the weight and relying solely on your back at that point?

Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    Yeh i have them.

I smashed my knees while lowering the bar one day. Just concentrate on the negative part of the movement, make sure you clear the knees.
    yea i think it is the negative part, gotta work on that a bit. so hard to watch my form in the mirror because they start like 12" from the floor so at the bottom of the lift I can't see sh*t

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    makes sense, but just from reviewing that motion in my head a bit, wouldn't you be "good-morning" up the weight and relying solely on your back at that point?
    Read Cressey's series on this:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1582703
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1588392
    http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1607555
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tacoop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    After every deadlift session I have raw spots just above the kneecap. Sometimes they will bleed. Just goes with doing deadlifts. I can stand to workout in sweats so I just deal with it. It is generally healed by the time I dedlift again.
    http://www.best-bodybuilding-routine.com