greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Chest and shoulders on the same day?

I've heard chest and shoulders should be trained on the same day because there's less risk of getting injury when the whole area is properly warmed up. If so, should you train the chest or shoulders first?

Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
    I've heard chest and shoulders should be trained on the same day because there's less risk of getting injury when the whole area is properly warmed up. If so, should you train the chest or shoulders first?

I like to do shoulders on their on own day with traps added....for more focus on each part of the delts...

can you get to the gym 5 days a week?
    MAX FITS CREW

greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bmburton34 View Post
    can you get to the gym 5 days a week?
    Yes, but I'm trying to add more intensity to my workout by going for more than 1 big muscle group per session.

Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10) Freakzila is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Doesn't make sense to me to do shoulders and Chest on the same day.If you do shoulders right after chest, your shoulders would already be fatigued. you wont be able to push as much weight around. And vice a versa.

Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would start with compound movements first unless you are trying to bring up a weakness.

Originally Posted by Freakzila View Post
    Doesn't make sense to me to do shoulders and Chest on the same day.If you do shoulders right after chest, your shoulders would already be fatigued. you wont be able to push as much weight around. And vice a versa.
    yeah, because you can't pair major muscle groups with each other. Like hamstrings and quads. if you do your muscles will fall off.

(ever look into full body, or push pull or upper lower splits. They manage to do shoulders and chest on the same day)
    Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

-Thomas Edison

pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would recommend it really. I just cut out shoulder presses. I never have liked heavy lifting over my head anyways.

I would typically do a chest exersize then superset a tricep and shoulder lift and then repeat that whole thing throughout my workout.

Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike0430 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, but I'm trying to add more intensity to my workout by going for more than 1 big muscle group per session.
    More intensity would be focusing extra hard on one major muscle group. Intensity is best maintained during a short period of time IMO. As for chest and shoulders on the same day, there is no problem with that. That's like saying you can't do chest and triceps on the same day, same difference. Just don't do it like that forever you know? Switch it up every so often and you'll be fine.

As for injury due to the area not being warmed-up, well I would hope you warm up before working any muscle group, so that should be irrelevant
    Last edited by Mike0430; 02-27-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    x2. I used to do a whole push day: chest, shoulders and tris. But I ran out of steam, so my shoulders got shorted in intensity. And forget tris. Now I do shoulders on a separate day.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just make sure you do delts AFTER pecs...
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do shoulders and chest on the same day. Lately I have done my shoulder presses before bench presses because I'd rather build my shoulders than my chest, and I like warming up my shoulders before I hit the bench. It seems safer for me.

You could always just rotate which are you focus on first if you are worried about working one group more than the other.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't have to do anything.

I prefer to do one bodypart per day, to avoid premature exhaustion and increase customization and isolation in the workout.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Fears Chuck Norris JimmyChitwood's Avatar
    JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No hard and fast rule here. Just a matter of preference. I have often done chest on the same day as shoulders with good results. Right now I'm doing chest/triceps/shoulders on the same day. As others have said, there shouldn't be a great advantage in a lower risk on injury since you should be warming up properly for any muscle group anyway.

As far as which one first, I typically have done chest first since I didn't want pre-exhausted delts to be a weak link in my benching/chest work. On the other hand, doing the bench work first leaves the anterior delts a bit fatigued going into shoulder work, so I have at times done shoulders first in the workout to mix things up. That's half the fun - trying different stuff and mixing it up.
    ~Forgiven~

My Training Log and Record of Adventures:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441433851

singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The overload principle works on relativity, as long as it's as hard as normal the weight doesn't matter.
    FIRST RULE OF COOKING IS ALWAYS CHECK YOUR INGRIDIENTS. - Tallguy, 2009.

khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by singyay4ed View Post
    The overload principle works on relativity, as long as it's as hard as normal the weight doesn't matter.
    i disagree. what you are saying is that as long as you go to failure on the iso exercise, what is done before that has no effect when it comes to gains, if i understand correctly. i strongly believe in the power of prioritizing. working back before bi's will result in faster back development and slower biceps development than bi's before back. i think anybody would agree with me there.

Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did shoulders on my chest day a few weeks ago and it was not good. Bench Press involves the shoulders and incline has alot of shoulder involvement.

Anyways I did my full chest workout, flat, incline, decline, and flys. Then I went to Barbell Shoulder Pres and I was repping at least 20 pounds less then I normally do. Then dumbell shoulder press I was 15 pounds less.

That was a one time thing, I went back to my same old routine now.

Back, Shoulders, and Traps on one day.
    ****************************G-Money******************************
    -------------------------------- Chicagoan Crew -----------------------------------
    -----------------------Da Vice President of Da Chicagoan Crew--------------------------------
    -----------=[$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$]=- (Intern on his way to CEOinggg)---------------------