Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Shoulder ligament injury

Hey there, I've injured (grade 1 sprain) my shoulder ligament (unsure of which one it is), I can raise my arm etc. above 90deg, but when I raise it with my forearm at a certain angle, it hurts a little bit... enough to stop me from all chest and tricep compound exercises.

I know its a ligament, because the doctor said so, and it feels like a ligament injury. It's not severe or anything, just very annoying as its stopping me from lifting.

Questions:
    a) Should I keep my arm in a sling to prevent shoulder movement until its better? or is it best to promote shoulder movement (ie. stretch it around every few hours) in the recovery process?

b) how long does this sort of thing take to recover? I'm guessing i'll be out for about 6-8 weeks.

c) Any suppliments (ie. magnesium etc.) that I should take? I already take one glucose+fish oil tablet a day (which I doubt does much), and have already cycled voltaren for a week to reduce inflammation.

d) Any other procedures you recommend (apart from rest), that will enable a speedy recovery?

e) does booze slow this recovery process down? I dont drink much, but I do drink. I'll consider stopping it all together if it has a significant effect on my recovery.

Suggestions appreciated and good advice repped.

Thanks

ps. I'm in the middle of a creatine cycle as well.

ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I suggest taking 1.5 to two months off completely before you do anything. I was doing dumbbell shoulder presses and I leaned my left arm a lil to far back and the thing shot straight down my back. I dislocated my arm and tore some muscles for sure. It has been a lil bit over a month now and I am feeling same pain as you basically and havn't tried lifting yet. But it doesnt really bother me anymore and feels like it is almost back to normal. So I wouldn't chance lifting for a good 1.5-2 months because it is better for your arm to heal then to have permanent damage from it not healing properly. Rest is very good ... I slept 4 hours one day then 12 hours the next day to catch up and after that 12 hours you can really notice a difference.

polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) polerz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    also if I warm it up, ie. get the blood pumping... I cant feel the pain at all when I raise my arm... I doubt that that means its ok though

ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ddh6090 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    no lol I would stay away from any weights for 2 months. I tried to lift weights like doing pushups and different things and it only makes your arm worse. Just let it heal on its own and if you still have problems with it there is a great exercise that you can do. It said it cured up to 90% of shoulder problems. It is called the broomstick exercise.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747310

thats the link.