Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

***ufc Fighter Training***

If anyone knows anything about the UFC, then you would know that weight lifting is a very small part of the fighters training regiman. The intense training that they endure makes them the most conditioned athletes in the world. Watching newcomers fight in the UFC, one can quicky learn that going for 3, 5 minute rounds is no easy task.

From watching UFC i have learned that these guys train in jiu jitzu, Muay Thia, grappling and boxing. They train for hours on end punishing there bodies and going past there limits constantly. I personally would love to be as conditioned as these guys.

I would like to get some insight on the types of training programs that fighters like Rich Franklin, Tito Ortiz or Chuck Liddell follow. What types of exercises they do and for how long? Can the average weight lifter incorporate any of their techniques into there routines at the gym or at home? Anybody have any information on this topic, please post your replys. Any information that i have not requested that anyone would like to post, please dont hesitate. Thanx.
    Last edited by Underdog1984; 04-07-2006 at 02:31 PM.

I'm Here 2 Bring The Pain _STL_15_'s Avatar
    _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    WeightLifting is only a small part when there in preperation for a fight. Most lift regularly during off time. You can't even spell Muay Thia or Tito right and your the expert...Do some research before wasteing people's time.
    "Either Stand Behind Our Troops or Be Prepared to Stand Infront of Them!!!"

"It is better to judged by 12, Than to be carried by 6"

"You ask me why I carry so much gear??? I ask you why you are not prepared?"

Btw I Rep Back

Fav Teams- STL Cardinals, RedSocks, Patriots, Rams, Mizzou (Unless it's against OU Sooners), OU Sooners #1

muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Underdog1984
    If anyone knows anything about the UFC, then you would know that weight lifting is a very small part of the fighters training regiman. The intense training that they endure makes them the most conditioned athletes in the world. Watching newcomers fight in the UFC, one can quicky learn that going for 3, 5 minute rounds is no easy task.

From watching UFC i have learned that these guys train in jiu jitzu, moi tie (excuse the spelling), grappling and boxing. They train for hours on end punishing there bodies and going past there limits constantly. I personally would love to be as conditioned as these guys.

I would like to get some insight on the types of training programs that fighters like Rich Franklin, Teto Ortiz or Chuck Liddell follow. What types of exercises they do and for how long? Can the average weight lifter incorporate any of their techniques into there routines at the gym or at home? Anybody have any information on this topic, please post your replys. Any information that i have not requested that anyone would like to post, please dont hesitate. Thanx.
    Rich Franklin's weight training program is a ridiculousy intense circuit routine. Google it and i'm sure you'll find it.
    "Don't count the days, make every day count"

Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by _STL_15_
    WeightLifting is only a small part when there in preperation for a fight. Most lift regularly during off time. You can't even spell Muay Thia or Tito right and your the expert...Do some research before wasteing people's time.
    what does my spelling have anything to do with the topic. There i changed it, does that make you feel better now. Poor baby not getting any? AAWWW thats ok, you dont have to let out your frustrations on others son, it will happend one day.

Originally Posted by muirsy88
    Rich Franklin's weight training program is a ridiculousy intense circuit routine. Google it and i'm sure you'll find it.
    Can people post who have anything worth while to say on the topic. If i wanted to search for this stuff on google then i would have been on google, not on BB.com.

Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can't spell muay THAI either.

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    while i have no experience with either, I would imagine that CrossFit would work well with MMA
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I trained with Randy for a brief period. You're right, he didn't do a whole lot of heavy lifting. However, he did do lots of deadlifts, and tons of HIIT-type training. I'd say 90% endurance, and 10% explosive power. If you want to become a successful MMA fighter, you need to learn how to put power in your punches from the beginning of the first round to the end of the last.

I'd recommend doing a lot of HIIT training (preferably sprints), doing rounds on the heavy bag several times a day, and doing a lot of bodyweight exercises (particularly pull-ups).

Hope this helps!

-C10

That was an awesome link chip thnx

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My training program uses progressive resistance, supersets, and full-body emphasis. It is well suited to MMA because it hits the anaerobic endurance in an increasingly heavier workload that increases up to a half ton each workout.

I have a wrestling background so I know the value of prolonged anaerobic endurance in an all-out physical effort endeavor. Strength and size matter as well when you want to punch hard and dominate on the ground.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

gamadurin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Judo - Some known training.

Originally Posted by Underdog1984

From watching UFC i have learned that these guys train in jiu jitzu, Muay Thia, grappling and boxing. They train for hours on end punishing there bodies and going past there limits constantly. I personally would love to be as conditioned as these guys.

I would like to get some insight on the types of training programs that fighters like Rich Franklin, Tito Ortiz or Chuck Liddell follow. What types of exercises they do and for how long? Can the average weight lifter incorporate any of their techniques into there routines at the gym or at home? Anybody have any information on this topic, please post your replys. Any information that i have not requested that anyone would like to post, please dont hesitate. Thanx.
    You forgot Judo, Judo training is also key in UFC. Remember the Gracie family? They where the champs of UFC in the begining and they where pure Judo, this is heavy grapling, throws, take downs and submission moves.

Here is some Judo training straigh from the mats.

2 Minute Run - 5 pushups
    2 Minute Run - 5 one hand pushups
    2 Minute Run - 5 one hand pushups (opposite hand of course)
    2 Minute Run - 10 fast sit ups
    2 Minute Run - 5 drop stands (Drop to your belly, then stand as quicly as possible)

Repeat till your almost dead. If your doing it right, 1 or 2 times and your heart should be pounding pretty hard. This is the training we go through in judo, then its back to kada.
    Last edited by gamadurin; 04-07-2006 at 03:01 PM.

vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vision1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gamadurin
    You forgot Judo, Judo training is also key in UFC. Remember the Gracey family? They where the champs of UFC in the begining and they where pure Judo, this is heavy grapling, throws, take downs and submission moves.

Here is some Judo training straigh from the mats.

2 Minute Run - 5 pushups
    2 Minute Run - 5 one hand pushups
    2 Minute Run - 5 one hand pushups (opposite hand of course)
    2 Minute Run - 10 fast sit ups
    2 Minute Run - 5 drop stands (Drop to your belly, then stand as quicly as possible)

Repeat till your almost dead. If your doing it right, 1 or 2 times and your heart should be pounding pretty hard. This is the training we go through in judo, then its back to kada.
    Actually....

The Gracie family was brazilian JiuJitsu

Well they where announced as Judo many times. I followed their career pretty close.

OMG! I wouldn't suggest this excercise to anyone, my cyro would screem watching this video. If you have a strong back, maybe - but it only takes one mistake to mess up your back and the back is the longest to heal.

Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by vision1
    Actually....

The Gracie family was brazilian JiuJitsu
    Yah i agree with vision, but that looks like a great routine to rev up the heart rate.

anymore videos of fighters working out? its pure motivation for me.thnx

pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pencilthin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gamadurin
    OMG! I wouldn't suggest this excercise to anyone, my cyro would screem watching this video. If you have a strong back, maybe - but it only takes one mistake to mess up your back and the back is the longest to heal.

Just my opinion.
    Guess you've never watched a powerlifter train deadlifts or good mornings before?

Registered Fiend MartialArtist06's Avatar
    MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hate to be the one to say this but, He did spell Muay Thai correctly, Thai as in Thailand. Sorry bro can't help you much on the topic though don't know any of the fighters training regimes.
    **Weak ass stats**
    Parallel Squat - 315lbs, 1 rep
    Bench Press - 262.5lbs, 1 rep
    **Misc Cologne Crew**
    [NO FAP: Month] = Failure 19/30 days
    <^>(-_-)<^> the mods.

DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Well Conditioned but....???

UFC athletes are well conditioned for sure. But people confuse this sport with real fighting & think those that are good can beat anyone in the street too - not so! UFC is governed by a load of rules - weight classes, gloves, tap outs, referee stoppages, illegal moves, etc - none of those you get in the street.

It is well known also many are on a mix of drugs - steroids for agression & muscle building , speed - to improve alertness, & ******* - to dull the pain of hits in the ring/cage. Thats not all of them of course but quite a lot of them. It has also been commented on by MMA guys that there are quite a lot of gays in the MMA world, and many are attracted or turned on by the thrill & danger of rolling around with other sweaty males with the chance of getting hurt. These facts I've heard from several top UFC guys that I've met at different times at Martial art trade shows, etc; just ask around in MMA circles very easy to find out those facts are indeed true.

In terms of UFC and self defence , can those guys defend themself on the street sure but are they ready or training for knife/ gun attacks, hijacks, car jacks, multiple attackers, foul tactics - biting , spitting , eye gouging, bottles, bricks, etc - NO! So it is far from real fighting and far from all round self defence; it only deals with one aspect of self defence - one on one encounters and only partially at that - as there are rules & regulations.

Training schedules check out MMA guys websites or email them, but I'm sure some should be up on the net. 'Superfit' is good book by Royce Gracie detailing his training program, weights, cardio, etc. They train hard no question, some are ripped others arent so trhe focus on weights may differ between individuals. On 'Ultimate Fighter' (TV Series 3 with Tito Ortiz & Ken Shamrock) you get to see some of the training there - weights included.

^^^^^What is that all about?

It is NOT well known that alot of fighters in the UFC are drugs
    It is NOT well known that alot of fighters in the UFC are gay

Also, saying that these fighters would not succeed in a street fight is bull****. Some one with an mma background WILL do better than someone that doesn't have one.

p.s. none of that/this has anything to do with the original question.

US Army Soldier Medic DempseyFan's Avatar
    DempseyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DempseyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DempseyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DempseyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DragonDude
    UFC athletes are well conditioned for sure. But people confuse this sport with real fighting & think those that are good can beat anyone in the street too - not so! UFC is governed by a load of rules - weight classes, gloves, tap outs, referee stoppages, illegal moves, etc - none of those you get in the street.

It is well known also many are on a mix of drugs - steroids for agression & muscle building , speed - to improve alertness, & ******* - to dull the pain of hits in the ring/cage. Thats not all of them of course but quite a lot of them. It has also been commented on by MMA guys that there are quite a lot of gays in the MMA world, and many are attracted or turned on by the thrill & danger of rolling around with other sweaty males with the chance of getting hurt. These facts I've heard from several top UFC guys that I've met at different times at Martial art trade shows, etc; just ask around in MMA circles very easy to find out those facts are indeed true.

In terms of UFC and self defence , can those guys defend themself on the street sure but are they ready or training for knife/ gun attacks, hijacks, car jacks, multiple attackers, foul tactics - biting , spitting , eye gouging, bottles, bricks, etc - NO! So it is far from real fighting and far from all round self defence; it only deals with one aspect of self defence - one on one encounters and only partially at that - as there are rules & regulations.

Training schedules check out MMA guys websites or email them, but I'm sure some should be up on the net. 'Superfit' is good book by Royce Gracie detailing his training program, weights, cardio, etc. They train hard no question, some are ripped others arent so trhe focus on weights may differ between individuals. On 'Ultimate Fighter' (TV Series 3 with Tito Ortiz & Ken Shamrock) you get to see some of the training there - weights included.
    No sport fighting can be realistic enough for everyone because if there wasn't restrictions people would get permanently injured, or even killed, just trying to learn the art. Most UFC fighters cross-train in multiple styles, many of which have a strong practicle self-defense side. Also, most professional fighters have troubled backgrounds. The fact that they got in fights regularly is usually what leads them to fight professionally. They'll have had enough experience on the streets to open up a can on anyone they meat. I'm not saying they're the best in the world, but they're better than anyone trying to mug them on the streets, or knock them out in a bar fight. Lemme guess. You started lifting a couple of years ago. You've practiced some sort of martial arts for a few years. Maybe started in TKD or Karate and thought you wanted something serious. You got in some form of Kung Fu or Jiu Jiutsu(Which includes Akidido). Went to various martial arts sites, got brain washed by people like those at karateforums.com. Before you got into martial arts you were a weak and got picked on. Some time since then you got into meditation. You're all the same. People like you and the majority of the martial arts community are what really turned me off of martial arts. Do you really think your point-sparring is realistic enough? It's not. Where'd you hear they all did steroids? Your sensei? Where'd you hear they all did drugs? Your martial arts message boards? Everyone, neg rep him. I think I'll give someone else a turn at you now.
    Last edited by DempseyFan; 04-08-2006 at 10:38 PM.
    "Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body."-Jack Dempsey

"In the ring, I never really knew fear."
    -Rocky Marciano

"Why waltz 10 rounds with an opponent if you can KO him in one?" -Rocky Marciano.

Registered Fiend MartialArtist06's Avatar
    MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MartialArtist06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    WTF? Do you realize what ******* would do to a fighter/athlete who had to go 3, 5 minute rounds in the octagon with someone trying to rip there heads off??? Noone can beat anyone in the world, especailly in a fight where any number of weapons can be introduced, no MA (martial art) in the world could prepair you for that, however these UFC Fighters are about as close as its going to get with their MMA training they are prepaired for stand up, groundwork, ect ect there are indeed rules in place and no type of training, sparring, or sport could be an actual street fight and if it were it wouldn't be on television very long. If there was no tap out the person in the lock or choke hold would pass out, have a hyperextended joint, or die... not to great for business. Would you say even amatuer boxers would would lose fights simply because they fight in a ring with even more rules than UFC? I'd say a UFC fighter would be even MORE dangerous in the streets with no rules because he wouldn't have to hold back, I know I sure as hell would be more dangerous if there were no rules in place for me fighting.

Not even going to comment on the gays IN MMA comment as its just bull****..
    **Weak ass stats**
    Parallel Squat - 315lbs, 1 rep
    Bench Press - 262.5lbs, 1 rep
    **Misc Cologne Crew**
    [NO FAP: Month] = Failure 19/30 days
    <^>(-_-)<^> the mods.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

I know the SUPREME MARTIAL ART that can defeat any fighter in the world at will.

I practice GUN-FU.

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)

I think if you are gonna make these sorts of controversial claims about the typical MMA fighter you ought to quote some sources. I agree with some of what you say wrt defense styles but the stuff about guys being drugged up gays is a little far fetched, don't they drug test? And as for the gayness part, as long as they don't accidentally trip and land with their mouths around some gay dick I don't see how sexual orientation is relevant to the sport or winning and losing. There are gays in every sport, as much as 10% of the population is gay. Hell, in sport fighting homosexuality might be a weakness to be exploited, if you think the opponent likes you that can give you more leverage in the headgame...everything is a potential weapon in war, even lust. Or, if you're homophobic, you can just pretend that there is no ring, and he is trying to submit you for a glorious assraping. Talk about motivation.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From someone that has trained in BJJ and other styles, with people that have taken part in UFC, Pride etc.

Most of you are talking total ****.
    For a start any of these guys would be able to crush you like a paper cup. No that doesn't mean they are invulnerable, but you take a knife to them, and you'll be pulling it from your own arsehole. A trained fighter (esp. boxing) could slap you unconscious with the back of their hand, yet without training, you couldn't even get them to flinch. Just because you're big, doesn't mean squat.

As for the training... Fighting is far more about technique than anything else. IF you had done any whatsoever, you would know this. I have taken down guys 3 times bigger than myself, and been taken down by guys three times smaller, its all about experience in the fight.

Sure there are rules in the ring, but if you think a spinning backfist is gonna help you against a kickboxer, or that you would even get a chance to eye-gouge a BJJer, then you are a ****ing joke!

As for more on training, you have to stay within the lowest weight group you can get into, so unneccesary weight training will be your enemy. Specific training regimes are totally do do with your preferencial styles(s) of fighting. I gave up with fighting a few years back, But basically if you don't know what to train for/ what routines to do, then you're basically not good enough to bother with this, or you need to find yourself a decent school.

fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For the original poster>>>

I doubt you will get much decent discussion on these forums about UFC fighting styles+techniques of training, you would be best off searching for relevant forum elsewhere, but be wary of bullshido sites.(i.e. made-up ****, most stuff you will find will be like this IMO)

DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

The UFC Fighters

Ask around as I said many top UFC guys will tell you the facts. Have spoken with loads Dan Severn told me about the drugs as have many others, its common knowledge.

If some are on steroids & other drugs, you think their fellow competitors aren't going to take them & risk being at a serious disadvantage in the ring? Give me a break pleaseeeeee. As I said not all are on them, but many are. Look at the physiques of some - Frank Shamrock in his prime , draw your own conclusions.

As for many gays being in MMA , so what , it is a fact too, well known that many are attracted by the thrill and danger of rolling around with other sweaty males, and the chances of getting hurt. It was also one factor in the development of Brazilian Ju-jitsu , quite a few guys were guy and enjoyed rolling around with other sweaty guys doing mounts from behind, etc; thats one factor, not a major one in its development, but still an acknowledged one.

As for my experience in martial arts Wing Tsun instructor level, Tae Kwon Do Instructor level, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu green belt, Judo black belt, Krav Maga instructor, and Jeet Kune Do for several years. I'm 35 started in Judo aged 7. Trust me, no novice as previous poster seemed to imply.

MMA deals with one on one under RULES! Can an MMA guy deal with a street confrontation of course. But are they trained for car jacks, plane hijacks, knifes/guns/bottles, multiple attackers, counter terrorism, dealing with suicide bombers, defending against animals, fighting underwater, etc, etc??? Most aren't and that is self defence being able to deal with all possible scenarios - one on one fighting is only one aspect a segment of a whole!

Being good at MMA certainly does not entail you are good at self defense nor have much of a clue about it, anymore than doing WWF (Hulk Hogan, etc) style wrestling does.

MMA guys especially UFC train hard , they have too - hats off & respect to them! In 'Ultimate Fighter 3' (TV series with coaches Tito Ortiz & Ken Shamrock) , Ken brought in a bodybuilder & nutrition expert as one of his team coaches - worth watching to see his advice and impact on the fighters.

Check Out These .....

Check these links out regarding UFC guys and steroids :-

http://forums.steroid.com/index.php?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=3257

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...hreadid=330165

http://www.ergogenics.org/92.html

and can list hundreds more !!!

As well as speaking with many top MMA & UFC guys myself.

So above posters dismissing the issue, maybe stop talking such bulls***! might be a good suggestion.

johno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm sorry, I had to sign up on the forum due to the crazy outlandish crap you've just posted.

people confuse this sport with real fighting & think those that are good can beat anyone in the street too - not so! UFC is governed by a load of rules - weight classes, gloves, tap outs, referee stoppages, illegal moves, etc - none of those you get in the street.
    Mixed Martial Arts (and that's what the sport is, let's not flash brand names around) is as realistic as it gets compared to any other sport with street fighting. The difference is, street fighters have no skill, swing wildly and use most of their energy within the first 2 minutes. A mixed martial artist is proficient in all ranges. (Clinch, stand-up and ground)..

You think gloves and referee stopages and "illegal moves" count? The referee is only there to stop the mixed martial artist AFTER he's beaten his opponent.. In the street, it would benefit the street fighter to have a ref to save his ass after he's been choked out by even the most mediocre mixed martial artist.

Anyone can headbutt or bite.. you don't need to train to know how to do this.. Just because it's not allowed in sanctioned MMA events does NOT mean it wouldn't happen in a street fight.

It is well known also many are on a mix of drugs - steroids for agression & muscle building , speed - to improve alertness, & ******* - to dull the pain of hits in the ring/cage. Thats not all of them of course but quite a lot of them.
    You say this like it's the norm for mixed martial artists to take steroids and *******? it's not.. The athletic commissions test for roid abuse in the US which stops mixed martial artists that use it.. There has only been two cases that i'm aware of of roid abuse (Tim Sylvia and Josh Barnett) - both were stripped and suspended afterwards.. Roid abuse can happen in any sport, it doesn't mean it's common.. Infact, I find it insulting to think all the hours I put in training, running miles for my cardio, hitting bags, sweating and busting my ****ing balls for some no-nothing like you to make an assumption that mixed martial artists take roids on the regular..

And *******? I've no ****ing idea where you pulled that out of. I've trained with alot of pro-fighters all over europe and I've never known one of them to abuse ******* and none have ever taken roids.. A fighters uses a strict diet of chicken and fish, with alot of hard work to get where they are.

It has also been commented on by MMA guys that there are quite a lot of gays in the MMA world, and many are attracted or turned on by the thrill & danger of rolling around with other sweaty males with the chance of getting hurt. These facts I've heard from several top UFC guys that I've met at different times at Martial art trade shows, etc; just ask around in MMA circles very easy to find out those facts are indeed true.
    I know where you got this.. right out of your ass with your steroid comments. not that sexuality is of any issue and I respect the right of any man or woman to be with whoever they want.. but I don't know one gay person who studies MMA. it's not known for people who train MMA to be gay.. this is a cheap pop from you and a retarded one at that. I'd say if anything, homosexuality is less in MMA due to the fact that it's a full contact sport, and the cliche image of a gay guy is girly and not like fighting.. but then again, that's just stereotyping.. and well.. whatever. Your comments are dire.

I've a good way for you to test out your comments.. Walk up to an MMA fighter and ask him if he is gay.. it will prove two things.

1. MMA is perfectly adapatable for a street fight, because he will pummel you into oblivion.
    2. He's not gay.