Thread: muscle growth

sharkman62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question muscle growth

Hello i am 43 i just dropped 35lds in 2mths working out 1hr in morn 2hrs in aft 7 days a wk.But there is a noticeable muscle gain but i what more. talked to Herc's Nutrition Shop. they advised me to take Dyna-Test 750 for testosterone-boosting . Then noz for nitric oxide but found not much dif. is there something better or iam i doing something wrong i do not what to gain weight i still have about 30 lbs to loose but i can turn it into muscle.

carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Trimming fat is easier than building muscle (imho) and you can't really do both at the same time. You're either cutting (fat) with cardio or bulking (muscle) with weight training. It takes a long time to build muscle at our age so, be paitent.
    Don't listen too much to what the vitamin salesman tells you. Most of that stuff just overloads your liver. There's nothing that will increase testosterone except testosterone creams/injections ect. Try to stick with natural foods, whey powder and a multi vitamin. Your hard work is the most important thing not some trick in a bottle.

35Lbs. in 2 months? congratulations although that is about the max. I might consider slowing down a bit. Healthy permanent life style changes are better than flash results that may back fire later.

CK
    Language and writing were also made available, the poetry of Khitai, the philosophy of Sung; and he also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock.

bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree to a point. I think clean eating, and persistance in your workout is the absolute key, but some supplements out there do improve performance and muscle mass.

When you get within spitting distance of your goal, I would take some ZMA which shows increase in testosterone production, a preworkout drink like NO explode (tons of them out there, but that is the one I tried) and/creatine. For me, adding those items has made a noticible difference in my muscularity and strength. Not magic pills but boosters.

Registered subduer stephenlouis's Avatar
    stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000)
    35 pounds in 2 months? I think before we answer your question we should all give you a round of applause. Well done.

The body gets smart pretty fast eh?

In my opinion, all supplements except for a basic multi vit, a "UDO" , creatine and protein, are a waste. That was a awkward sentence!

I am tired and had too many beers .... life is good and I understand the purist point of veiw...I am not one....

Tomorrow when I wake up I will do my best to answer your question, based on my personal experiences .

I have lost about 40 pounds and have seen my weight stabilize inspite of my work out too( no change) ..so i can help you up to a point.....then you need the experts.
    There is no gravity, the earth just sucks.

30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think Kardkilla is right on the money. You are loossing fat right now and its real difficult to put muscle on at the same time. Some pros will even say it is impossible to do both at the same time...I think this is true for professionals as they as so peaked with regards to gaining mass...I think you have seen some gains as people who have started from nothing can see mass gains with body fat loss simulataneously but this slows quickly!

I dont know if I understood your post correctly but I think you stated you are training 1 hr in Am and then 2 hrs in PM daily! If this is true I would guess part of your problem with regards to gaining lean size is you are overtrained. excessive cardio inhibits muscle hypertrophy #1...#2 if you are training each muscle twice a week, for someone who is drug free IMO you are training about 50% more than you should be. In addition IMo there should be at least one day a week when all gym activities should be refrained from (remember growth happens when we are not training but when we rest!)Once a week per muscle group, with the exception of arm work I think you can do twice a week (IMO) if you choose to is very adquate. Shoot for 10-15 sets per body part 12-14 being optimum for my taste...with the last set of each exercise going to failure and maybe some forced reps with a spotter and I think you will do better. Focus on comound exercises and if your not squatting start now. I cant count how many times I have been asjed how to get stonger arms, chest and shoulders and I tell peole to start squatting and they look at me sideways only to try it and find it works! (Squatting uses more muscles than any other exercise in the gym. With limited rest periods you will get a hell of a cardio work out too. You will catabolize (tear down more muscle fibers) from squatting than any other exercise. It shocks you body into accelrated repair mode. All of these things from squatting accelerate you body and forces it to repair as fast as it can, and more completely. This in turn occurs when training all other body parts. So, SQUAT!

Once you reach your ultimate weight goal I would suggest also maybe decrease cardio a little, like maybe 3x a week for 30 minutes each session, increase calories a little in form of protein, and when training concentrate on increasing your poundages, reps and intensity in the gym. Remember, putting on lean mass is definately a long term slow process, that is just as deoendant on food intake as it does training, and lean mass gains only get slower as you get bigger. Good luck.

30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000) 30-A rider is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh carbkilla is also right in my book on the supplements. Most IMO are junk and a waste of money that just tax your liver with additional detoxification. a good multi vitamin with E with afternoon meal, 1000 unit of Vitamin C with am and PM meal is what I take (vitamin C is an acid and when taken with multi and other vitamins diminsihes their absorbtion and effectiveness). Then a quality proein poweder and you good to go IMO.

almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almostnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on the loss.
    I am at the point where my fat loss is overshadowing my scrawny-ness. I see your point--you see some muscle exposed under the fat and wow you want more. (Sorry not trying to put words in your mouth).
    Be careful on the supplements, i think some of them can make you gain fat you don't want, not neccessarily by cause and effect. I mean if you don't have the diet thing under control first.

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sharkman62
    they advised me to take Dyna-Test 750 for testosterone-boosting .
    If you have not had a checkup recently that would be a good start. If your Test levels are low then boost it under a doctors supervision with one of the Testosterone Replacement therapies. I'll attest that nothing will work even remotely as well as a weekly/biweekly or monthly HRT shot/gel etc. You should also have your Thyroid and Prostrate checked as well at the same time.