iceman190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation How easy is it to get a hernia?

I was reading about this and I really do not want to get it. How easy is it to get?

Is it more likely to develop if I do certain exercises? I currently do Bench-press, Bicep curl, leg press, unweighted seated sit-ups (where I can let my upper body go below horizontal).

On all of them I do weights which allow me to get about 4-6 reps done.

From what I’ve read hernia sounds really serious, what are the chances of developing it (and how can I prevent it)

sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well bench and biceps won't do **** for it, sit-ups probably won't either, maybe if your going weighted with a **** load of weight, so leg press is the only thing you need to worry about, but even then its very hard, as long as you use proper form the odds of you developing a hernia are very slim, and you don't do deadlifts or sqauts (but you should) so you'll be fine

also, I realize you didn't want your routine critique but your not doing work for your back or shoulders... you want to be an abercrombie and bitch model or something?
    "There's a fine line between being fearless and being stupid" Indian Larry

image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sbrown_c4l
    also, I realize you didn't want your routine critique but your not doing work for your back or shoulders... you want to be an abercrombie and bitch model or something?

lol

LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100) LISTEN_A_FELLA is not very well liked. (-100)
    what hernias are you talking about? intestinal hernia or herniated discs?

reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its easier than you think. Holding your breath, when excersising, causes a tear in the lower abdominal wall, causing a hernie.
    RIP Steve Irwin :(

iceman190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah i do do back and shoulders, but i didnt know how to explain the exrecise, one is on a machine where you pull a handle towards your chest, i sometimes also do free weight (dumbell) pulling the weight up when kneeling on a bench. I also do that machine where you pull the bar down behind your head.

See if i didnt know what "Bench press" was called, it would be a "The thing where you lie down on a bench and push a weighted bar up and down"

I'm sure those things i mentioned above have a name.

Originally Posted by LISTEN_A_FELLA
    wtf? Can your interstines BREAK OUT OF THE SKIN when you get this type of hernia? or does it just make a lump under the skin?
    If they did break out, would there be lots of blood?

Originally Posted by reflexions
    Its easier than you think. Holding your breath, when excersising, causes a tear in the lower abdominal wall, causing a hernie.
    But you'd have to be doing a heavy weight and holding your breath. Im sure heaps of people hold their breath when doing certian exercises.
    Last edited by iceman190; 04-07-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000) Kaiser Sose is just really nice. (+1000)

Lol, what are these?
    Let me not pray to be sheltered from danger, but to be fearless in facing it.

Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your not gonna get a hernia if you dont push energy out through your groin area. When you workout you concentrate all of the energy on a sole muscle.

If you are doing strenious exercises, just dont push with your groin muscles, as simple as that, push the energy out with the muscle you are exercising. Understand?

Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iceman190
    wtf? Can your interstines BREAK OUT OF THE SKIN when you get this type of hernia? or does it just make a lump under the skin?
    If they did break out, would there be lots of blood?
    A hernia is when the intestines come out of the abdominal cavity through tears, thatz wat causes the hernia. So technically I guess it could break through the skin but I don't know of any instances where it's happened. the skin is very elastic and the intestines are a very weak muscle so I'm sure it wouldn't break though the skin.

Anyway most people that get hernias have to have them operated on to fix them. My uncle for instance used to be like a major hardcore weightlifter but he has a very weak inner abdominal wall(genetics) and they had to insert a mesh wire under his abdominals to prevent more hernias from breaking through. This was after his 4th hernia operation.

imcrazy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imcrazy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how do u no if u have 1?

DMash1080 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DMash1080 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I've had hernia surgery before

Ok, i think its spelled inguinal hernia. I had 1 last year and i had to have surgery on it. It's pretty much when your intestines fall down into your ball sack, and it looks/feels like you have a 3rd ball. It feels like a lump. I got mine from straining to much doing my squats.

maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxey127 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    youd have to absolutely rape yourself in the weight room to get a hernia.

reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by maxey127
    youd have to absolutely rape yourself in the weight room to get a hernia.
    The neigbour, stretched up, & he got a hernia. Some people have a general weakness, in that area.

Also I heard the other day, someone say, when they were deadlifting, their balls twisted. Has anyone ever experianced this?

Originally Posted by iceman190
    But you'd have to be doing a heavy weight and holding your breath. Im sure heaps of people hold their breath when doing certian exercises.
    Well your not ment to hold you breath. Before you lift the weight, you have to exhale, then when lifting, inhale. Thats a reson why some people get hernia's. But as I said in a previouse post, sometimes people have a general weakness, in that area.