BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100)

Biceps lagging....should i do more sets?

I been lifting for 6 months maybe 7 now and my biceps look to small. They might be 13 inches. I do 9 sets twice a week for biceps but theydontseem to be getting bigger. should i up that too 12 sets twice a week?

m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m1canes29 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do you do legs?

BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100) BlackNova is not very well liked. (-100)
    I just started legs last week

HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HULK81 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    u might be overtraining biceps...be more specific, tell what exercises to do for each bodypart.

Stick to compound movements, thats what will make u big. Isolation exercises are usless without compound movements. Are u doing deadlifts?squats? bench? etc...
    "You have to walk through hell to get to heaven"

yes i do bench and all that.

And i dont see how its possible to overtrain in one workout if you give your muscles 2-3 days to recover.

anyway for biceps i generaly do strict standing barbel curls, no back movement with 70 pounds. 3 sets of those, then i do dumbell curls with 35-40 pound dumbels and after that i do cable curls with 110 pounds.

jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well of course your diet is the #1 thing but besides that.....doing a full bicep workout twice a week is overtraining...unless you are on a prohormone. however doing a full bicep workout and then later in the week after proper recovery time doing a lighter workout with say 4-6 light sets, is ok. also, your biceps are small muscles; therefore, doing more then 10-12 sets is not recomended. and finally, switch it up. every 2-4 weeks switch up your workout. this can either be a change in rep range/weight change or completely different exercises.

EDIT:also if you have cheat days then make one of them on your bicep day, this is a method i have used and it has proven to be effective. furthermore, i read a long time ago about arnolds priority principle, which means that is you have a lacking body part (biceps), train that body part before others. like say if you do chest and biceps in the same day, do biceps first and chest secondly.
    Last edited by jsweetness; 04-07-2006 at 06:02 PM.
    Cursum Perficio

i do biceps/triceps in one workout, chest/back, legs/abs.

triceps for some reason got really strong fast only been working them for 2 months or so, i do my tricep cable pulldowns with the entire stack of weights, which is 140 pounds, do my rope pulldowns with 110

jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah triceps are stronger then biceps, i have the same problems. except that the first 1.5 years of training i didnt do biceps, so obviously they are lagging. keep at it, it takes lots of time and dedication. try super setting both biceps and triceps if you can make it work.
    Cursum Perficio

super setting?

loling all the way to the nayrb182's Avatar
    nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wow 18 sets a week. i do 2-3 sets per week and mine grow fine. i used to do around ten but when i cut it down to 2 my arms shot up 1 full inch in a month.

is back from hiatus! ElSpaceBandito's Avatar
    ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000) ElSpaceBandito is a name known to all. (+5000)
    to get big arms u gotta follow these directions

1) work legs they release growth hormones and help u grow everywhere

2) dont do this fancy pansy **** jsut stick to basics man, think of those really basic workouts, those r the ones that give u the best results...like the ones where u hav 2 excercises for bi n 2 for tri n do 4 sets of each, or if ur real fussy do 3 of each...they will work better than anything

3) dont solely rely on isolation work, to get big arms u gotta do lots of bench, millitary press, barbell rows and chin ups
    Next Oleksandr Kutcher In The Making!

RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIDSTUGREAT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BlackNova
    I been lifting for 6 months maybe 7 now and my biceps look to small. They might be 13 inches. I do 9 sets twice a week for biceps but theydontseem to be getting bigger. should i up that too 12 sets twice a week?
    Right dude
    do you train your bi and tris?

pm me and help ya out
    Bench = 198lbs
    Squat = 298lbs
    DeadLStiff = 350lbs
    Legs Press = 710lbs