Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000)

Question about my diet, and oats/PB!

First 2 quick questions,
    1) I can not find "Natural" peanut butter anywhere! I live in canada, anyone from canada able to find this stuff?
    2)Oats- so uh, i bought a bag of "Oats".. tried putting them in my protein shake and they just settle to the bottom lol.. Is blending the only way to mix them with your shakes? How do you guys eat this stuff for breakfast, with just hot water?

Now to my diet, Im 22, about 190 lbs, and cant seem to get my calories up, looking for suggestions. Also a student so not trying to spend tooo much money!

Typical Day

Breakfast:
    1 cup of milk
    3 eggs (1 yolk)
    2 WW toast

2nd meal
    Banana
    Protien shake
    granola bar

Lunch
    Roasted chicken WW wrap
    Grapefruit
    1/2 cup yogurt
    carrots (provide pretty much no nutritional value but i like em :P )

4th meal
    1/2 can tuna (i hate tuna but i suck it up lol)
    krispie square (treat for the day)
    2 cups chocolate milk

Dinner
    Chicken breast or Fresh salmon
    Baked Potato
    Mixed vegtables

Before bed
    Casein Protein shake
    NO COTTAGE CHEESE! (i hate this stuff so much)

Plus 1 protein shake right after my workout (3 total for the day). Time of workout varies everyday depending on my class schedule.

The total for this comes to:
    Calories: 2556
    Fat: 67
    Carbs: 266
    Protein: 226

Im trying to put on size, and the recommended amount of calories for me is 3500!! I need another 1000! Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Who said you need 3500 calories?

At 190 you should be able to bulk at 2800-3000 calories. The diet looks good. You most surely could up your fats though. Id aim for 95 g's of fat (it seems you have the idea though since your hunting to peanut butter.)

Peolpe eat oatmeal with warm water or milk. Yes blending them is almost a necessary if your going to mix with your shake.

Edit, and fel free to add onto that breakfast! It's important.
    Last edited by theoryTim; 02-26-2008 at 06:44 PM.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion... without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rnicks3 View Post
    First 2 quick questions,
    1) I can not find "Natural" peanut butter anywhere! I live in canada, anyone from canada able to find this stuff?
    2)Oats- so uh, i bought a bag of "Oats".. tried putting them in my protein shake and they just settle to the bottom lol.. Is blending the only way to mix them with your shakes? How do you guys eat this stuff for breakfast, with just hot water?

Now to my diet, Im 22, about 190 lbs, and cant seem to get my calories up, looking for suggestions. Also a student so not trying to spend tooo much money!

Typical Day

Breakfast: beakfast should be your biggest meal of the day, way too small, add 2 more egg whites and another whole egg and a piece of fruit like an apple
    1 cup of milk
    3 eggs (1 yolk)
    2 WW toast

2nd meal aim for whole foods for your protein source here unless you can't get a whole food protein source.. try a Chicken/Turkey/Tuna Sandwich + banana + some peanut butter or almodns on the side you lack healthy fats in your diet
    Banana
    Protien shake
    granola bar

Lunch not bad but still no healthy fats you really lack these.. almonds again here if possible or full fat yogurt
    Roasted chicken WW wrap
    Grapefruit
    1/2 cup yogurt

4th meal drop the choclate milk its garbage, drink regular if anything, and make it a whole can of tuna, and drop the krispie squad and try for some brown rice and make a strifry with some veggies and top with olive oil maybe?
    2 cups chocolate milk

Dinner On the money, have this a couple times a day
    Baked Potato
    Mixed vegtables

Before bed AGAIN add healthy fats.. drop 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in here
    Casein Protein shake

Plus 1 protein shake right after my workout (3 total for the day). Time of workout varies everyday depending on my class schedule.

Im trying to put on size, and the recommended amount of calories for me is 3500!! I need another 1000! Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    I think you do need more fats, and you could bump up the carbs, make some better choices for your meals as in better complex carbs ( Brown rice, sweet potato, oats would be helpful )

and bump up some of your meals with some better fats you could use them

you dont eat too many veggies i would advise eating some more veg and a serving or two less of fruit

Post up your post workout shake and meal in here as well. that would be helpful

as for oats mix them with water and toss it in the microwave for a couple minutes stir it up and toss on some whey protein powder and some cinnamon and your good to go.. splenda fruit peanut butter raisins are also good additions as well as yogurt, egg whites

Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100) Need4Mass is not very well liked. (-100)
    First 2 quick questions,

Typical Day

Breakfast:
    1 cup of milk
    3 eggs (1 yolk)
    2 WW toast

2nd meal
    Banana
    Protien shake
    granola bar

Lunch
    Roasted chicken WW wrap
    Grapefruit
    1/2 cup yogurt

4th meal
    2 cups chocolate milk

Dinner
    Baked Potato
    Mixed vegtables

Before bed
    Casein Protein shake

Thanks
    just a trick i borrowed from my dad but if you eat cottage cheese with fruit such as pears/pineapple or something it isnt that bad

Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000) Strongbow is just really nice. (+1000)
    "2nd meal aim for whole foods for your protein source here unless you can't get a whole food protein source.. try a Chicken/Turkey/Tuna Sandwich + banana + some peanut butter or almodns on the side you lack healthy fats in your diet
    Banana
    Protien shake
    granola bar"

Biggest problem with this meal is im almost always in class for this one, so need something quick and easy so i can keep taking notes. But i will try some of your suggestions! Maybe ill try eating the other half of my tuna can here... although tuna would stink up the class pretty fast lol

---------------------------------

"Lunch not bad but still no healthy fats you really lack these.. almonds again here if possible or full fat yogurt
    Roasted chicken WW wrap
    Grapefruit
    1/2 cup yogurt
    carrots (provide pretty much no nutritional value but i like em :P )"

Ill pick up some bulk almonds and throw them into my yogurt, thanks for the heads up. Also i usually eat no fat yogurt.. ill switch that up as well

----------------------------------
    Ill add some peanut butter before bed, but i still cant find any natural peanut butter!! Is regular peanut butter ok?

Thanks for the input, really good stuff! Reps for the help.

My post workout shake is usually just ON 100% gold whey.. usually workout between classes, so cant really cook a meal up.
    Last edited by rnicks3; 02-26-2008 at 06:53 PM.

sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sublime4510 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    blend the oats your using in your shake first. oats in the blender, turn them to dust, then add in the other stuff it should make it so they don't settle to the bottom

Originally Posted by sublime4510 View Post
    blend the oats your using in your shake first. oats in the blender, turn them to dust, then add in the other stuff it should make it so they don't settle to the bottom
    Cool ill have to try that out, thanks.

Any Canadians on the natural peanut butter? I cant find any!

Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Should be in any supermarket, hell, lots of corner stores carry it nowadays in Toronto at any rate.

You living up in the Yukon or something?

haha no in ontario as well. Been to superstore and safeway but nothing. They got skippy, JIF, all the regular stuff but none that say natural?

theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    haha no in ontario as well. Been to superstore and safeway but nothing. They got skippy, JIF, all the regular stuff but none that say natural?
    Wow there is something wrong with Canada lol. Even at the generic store down the road out here in the country in Ohio has natural PB. If you can't find it, then just get the other stuff bro. Better than nothing and still will help increase your fats.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion... without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They aren't all labelled 'natural'; read the ingredients, you're bound to find one whose only ingredient is peanuts. That's what you're looking for.

egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50) egychick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The SuperStore does sell it.

Look for President Choice "JUST NUTS" comes in both smooth and crunchy.
    Kraft has all natural as well, it comes in the brown bottle (lid is brown)

Other stores you can find NPB is at No Frills, Food Basic, Dominion, loblaws. They are everywhere. It won't say "natural" all the time as presvious poster mentioned. Just look at ingredients and your good to go.

Hope that helped.

chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000) chumbucket_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    they sell natty pb everywhere, you've got to look at the ingredients. Make sure all you see is peanuts or peanuts and salt. Ive found it at sobey's and value mart (only places i looked for it), no name makes natty almond butter as well if you like it, tastes amazing. You can also hit up a bulk barn, last time i checked they sold as well

knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try smart balance PB its as close to natural as you can get. 1000mg's of omegas no trans fat and no refined sugar.

In virginia Natural PB is like $4/jar (REDICULOUS) and peanuts are our #2 gross crop in the state!!!!

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't complain about finding PB please

I had to go through all the shops to find out that none of them has it, after a week of "searching" a friend of mine told me about a little bio-shop which fortunately had some 100% PB.
    Now that I got it, I found it in a pharmacy (wtf?).

Costs about 9$ for a 500g jar (again, wtf?)

reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i personally think tuna is over rated for bulking if you dont like the taste. its high in sodium and only 60 cals per serving. you could just eat a chicken breast and take a fish oil. also for extra cals to bulk...nuts and more milk...easy cals.
    Currently 185 lbs 13% bf
    Phase: slow cut

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "2nd meal aim for whole foods for your protein source here unless you can't get a whole food protein source.. try a Chicken/Turkey/Tuna Sandwich + banana + some peanut butter or almodns on the side you lack healthy fats in your diet
    Banana
    Protien shake
    granola bar"

Biggest problem with this meal is im almost always in class for this one, so need something quick and easy so i can keep taking notes. But i will try some of your suggestions! Maybe ill try eating the other half of my tuna can here... although tuna would stink up the class pretty fast lol

try some yogurt with whey and nuts mixed in it, and have a piece of fruit on the side

---------------------------------

"Lunch not bad but still no healthy fats you really lack these.. almonds again here if possible or full fat yogurt
    Roasted chicken WW wrap
    Grapefruit
    1/2 cup yogurt
    carrots (provide pretty much no nutritional value but i like em :P )"

Ill pick up some bulk almonds and throw them into my yogurt, thanks for the heads up. Also i usually eat no fat yogurt.. ill switch that up as well non fat is totally fine, just make sure you add fats to it or have some on the side, peanut butter, olive oil, fish oil caps, almonds etc etc..

----------------------------------
    Ill add some peanut butter before bed, but i still cant find any natural peanut butter!! Is regular peanut butter ok? it will be fine dont stress too much if you cant find natural eat it and enjoy it

Thanks for the input, really good stuff! Reps for the help.

My post workout shake is usually just ON 100% gold whey.. usually workout between classes, so cant really cook a meal up.
    as for your post workout shake you better get some carbs here most shakes require a 2:1 carb to protein ratio i would suggest about 40-60 grams of carbs in this shake as well

Thanks for all the great info guys! I found some no name natural peanut butter! Didn't know what to look for in the ingredients before. Picked up some oats as well to add to my protein shake post workout.

Thanks again

Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slycooper84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    would you like me to send you some lol?

Originally Posted by Slycooper84 View Post
    would you like me to send you some lol?
    PB through the mail. Hahah why not, if there's pot and ******* and crack being sent - why not a lil Jiffy eh? haha