Registered User takenodaysoff25's Avatar
    takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pylometric workout question

This is my first time setting up a pylometric workout routine at home...
    so is this a good routine? My goal here is to be more explosive, get a higher vertical, and gain speed. Also, should I do my pylometric workout routine together with a speed workout? Or do them separately on different days.

-as soon as I finsih doing my first set of buttkicks I would immediately go on doing bench jumps without rest and that'll be 1 set all together. & then I will have a minute or two of rest. I did this with the other 4 workouts.
    6x10 double leg buttkicks
    6x10 bench jumps

6x10 knee trucks
    6x10 rocket jumps

3xLinear acceleration wall drill (till burn out)
    3x10 box jumps

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by takenodaysoff25 View Post
    so is this a good routine? My goal here is to be more explosive, get a higher vertical, and gain speed. Also, should I do my pylometric workout routine together with a speed workout? Or do them separately on different days.

-as soon as I finsih doing my first set of buttkicks I would immediately go on doing bench jumps without rest and that'll be 1 set all together. & then I will have a minute or two of rest. I did this with the other 4 workouts.
    6x10 bench jumps

6x10 knee trucks
    6x10 rocket jumps

3x10 box jumps
    Less is more with plyometrics. I never like to see "burn out" or exhaustion, either. Pick 2-3 exercises and do them for 3-6 sets each.

Otherwise, you're not really doing plyometrics. Plyometrics have a significant negative component and are for peak power, not really a repeat effort kind of thing.

Plyos are often part of a sprint workout.

conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    krakkerz is right. What is your goal when doing the plyometrics, to increase your endurance or your explosiveness? You'll definitely increase your muscular endurance with that workout, but if you're looking to increase your explosiveness, I'd dial down the volume a bit.
    Conor
    Certified Athletic Trainer
    http://starfactoryfitness.com/

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that is not plyometric. a plyometric scheme is designed to hit the fast twitch muscles. it would seem to me that any plyo set would have to last no longer than 6 or 7 seconds, with full rest in between to give atp stores time to replenish.

i've got a book on the stuff somewhere where some dude, dr. cho i think, explains it.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by boathead View Post
    that is not plyometric. a plyometric scheme is designed to hit the fast twitch muscles. it would seem to me that any plyo set would have to last no longer than 6 or 7 seconds, with full rest in between to give atp stores time to replenish.

i've got a book on the stuff somewhere where some dude, dr. cho i think, explains it.
    Chu.

And, while you're right, "I've got a book by some dude" probably won't inspire confidence.

Registered User SportsScience52's Avatar
    SportsScience52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SportsScience52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SportsScience52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SportsScience52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SportsScience52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SportsScience52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SportsScience52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SportsScience52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SportsScience52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by takenodaysoff25 View Post

6x10 bench jumps

6x10 knee trucks
    6x10 rocket jumps

3x10 box jumps
    if your goal is to increase your power (vert) you need to reduce your reps and increase your rest! The Pcr system is the most powerfull energy system in our body. This lasts generaly max 10 sec before you run low on ATP (energy). This systems can also take 5 min to recover. When i am trying to increase my teams power with plyometrics we will do reps of no more than 5. The purpose of these are to be as explosive as possible each rep. when you get to 8,9,10 reps you cant be as explosive. So reduce reps to 1-5 and make sure you rest enough between sets. you should be able to jump almost as high every rep every set.
    "We must get strong before we get exotic"

ullrstrength.blogspot.com