Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User Portuguese Dude's Avatar
    Portuguese Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

safe to eat eggs every day ?

I wouldnt eat them every day....but most days, im asking coz my mom for some reason tells me a person can only have eggs like 1 time a week coz its bad for your liver or what ever....but a good breakfast with lots of protein has to have egg whites...so is it the yolk thats bad ?

ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My guess is shes saying that because of the cholesterol. Its the yolk that would make it "bad to eat everyday" in her eyes. If you just use the egg white you basically only get protein.

Originally Posted by ThrusH
    My guess is shes saying that because of the cholesterol. Its the yolk that would make it "bad to eat everyday" in her eyes. If you just use the egg white you basically only get protein.
    so if i use just egg whites, and then maybe on the odd day like once a weak use a yolk in the mix, im good ?

tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000)
    i have been eating 2 full eggs a day
    maybe i should stop now

ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Portuguese Dude
    so if i use just egg whites, and then maybe on the odd day like once a weak use a yolk in the mix, im good ?

yup you should be

If you want you can even show her what calorieking.com says
    Egg White: http://www.calorieking.com/foods/foo...Xk9RWdncw.html

Whole Egg: http://www.calorieking.com/foods/foo...Xk9RWdncw.html

OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its perfectly fine to eat like 5 egg whites with 1 or 2 yolks everyday, the yolk is one of the most nutrient dense foods you can eat

Originally Posted by ThrusH
    yup you should be

If you want you can even show her what calorieking.com says
    Egg White: http://www.calorieking.com/foods/foo...Xk9RWdncw.html

Whole Egg: http://www.calorieking.com/foods/foo...Xk9RWdncw.html
    k, thanks, just had to make sure, didnt want to end up sick or somehting.

haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eggs are good. However beware the yolks, too much cholesterol. Personaly, i include about 10 egg whites in my day of low carbs.

Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat in between 5-10 egg whites a day, and 1-2 whole eggs.

Studies are still being done to determine wether the cholesterol in whole eggs is bad for you, or not.

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Haha 3 WHOLE eggs per day every day. I've heard that the cholesterol doesnt hurt that much, plus excercise is said to lower cholesterol. If ur that worried about cholesterol, eat some cheerios.
    I used to be 135 pounds, give me a break.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I thought eggs had the good cholesterol? I've been eating a lot of whole eggs every day lately.... trying out some of gironda's tips

JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldnt eat them every day....but most days, im asking coz my mom for some reason tells me a person can only have eggs like 1 time a week coz its bad for your liver or what ever....but a good breakfast with lots of protein has to have egg whites...so is it the yolk thats bad ?
    Your mother is wrong. Do not consult her for nutrition advice ever again.

JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by haleluyah
    Eggs are good. However beware the yolks, too much cholesterol. Personaly, i include about 10 egg whites in my day of low carbs.
    Please refrain from giving advice. From those three sentences, it is obvious that you have plenty of researching to do. Do not spread misinformation.

ALL MODERATORS TAKE NOTE:

This topic comes up very often, and the threads are always flooded with inexperienced people giving anecdotal advice that they've "heard".

There absolutely needs to be a sticky with this paragraph bolded: Dietary cholesterol has little to impact on blood serum cholesterol levels. To maintain healthy serum cholesterol levels, one should engage in cardiovascular exercise and ingest more mono- and poly unsaturated fats.

Thus, egg yolks are safe. The saturated fat in them is minimal and does not need to be avoided. It's not like you're eating 10 of them.

This is ridiculous and I nearly laugh every time this subject comes up. Not only are they safe, they are nutrient powerhouses.

Originally Posted by Orthodox
    Studies are still being done to determine wether the cholesterol in whole eggs is bad for you, or not.
    They've been done. It's not.

KgVanc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just had my blood screening done and I eat 6 egg whites plus 2 whole eggs every morning with oatmeal. My cholesterol did not change negatively at all since my last blood work a year ago.

Meat n' potatoes are good ZaktheIllusion's Avatar
    ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JMillion

This topic comes up very often, and the threads are always flooded with inexperienced people giving anecdotal advice that they've "heard".

There absolutely needs to be a sticky with this paragraph bolded: Dietary cholesterol has little to impact on blood serum cholesterol levels. To maintain healthy serum cholesterol levels, one should engage in cardiovascular exercise and ingest more mono- and poly unsaturated fats.

Thus, egg yolks are safe. The saturated fat in them is minimal and does not need to be avoided. It's not like you're eating 10 of them.

This is ridiculous and I nearly laugh every time this subject comes up. Not only are they safe, they are nutrient powerhouses.

Listen to this man! I eat 3-4 whole eggs a day and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    <Homer Simpson>So, the egg council creeps got to you too, eh?</Homer Simpson>

Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nao deves, pa.

I would reommend doing the egg whites/egg beaters...Part of my AM routin is to chug down a protein shake with two egg beater sandwiches on multigrain extra fiber bread. Works perfectly.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Anecdotal, habitually perpetuated nutritional myths from the 80s never seem to die. So for the third time in the last couple weeks, I'll repost this.

Originally Posted by lylemcd

ok, here's the deal.

1. Cholesterol intake per se tends to have a minor effect on total blood
    cholesterol. first and foremost, your liver makes more cholesterol on a
    daily basis (anywhere from 1.5-2 grams/day) than you would generally eat
    (well, 2 grams per day of cholesterol would be 7 whole eggs). On top of
    that, liver cholesterol production adapts to your intake. So when you
    eat more cholesterol, the liver typipocally downgrades its own
    cholesterol production ; when you eat less cholesterol, the liver
    upregulates its own cholesterol. This is all basic physiology, in any
    decent textbook.

1a. However, there is a wide range of difference in how people respond
    to dietary cholesterol per se. There are both hypo and hyperresponders
    meaning that some people are sensitive (in terms of total cholesterol
    levels) to dietary cholesterol intake. But certainly not all.

2. The bigger issue in blood cholesterol intake has to do with fatty
    acid intake NOT cholesterol intake. For example, most saturated acids
    tend to raise blood cholesterol levels by affecting liver metabolism
    (differently than dietary cholesterol intake does). There are
    exceptions, such as stearic acid which is saturated but doesn't affect
    blood cholesterol intake. Monounsaturated fats (olive oil, which is
    oleic acid, being the primary one) has a neutral effect on blood
    cholesterol levels. Polyunsaturated fats (w-6 and w-3) have cholesterol
    lowering effects, in general.

3. Now, *in general* foods high in cholesterol are also high in
    saturated fats but this is not always the case. Even lowfat foods such
    as chicken and lowfat fish contain cholesterol because it is part of the
    cell membrane. Eggs contain both cholesterol and saturated fat
    (although there are more polyunsaturated fats in eggs than most people
    realize, you can check the USDA database to check that). Same with
    fatty cuts of red meat: both cholesterol and saturated fats are present
    (note that red meat actually contains mostly oleic acid, and a good bit
    of the saturated fat is stearic which I already mentioned doesn't affect
    blood cholesterol negatively). At the other extreme, there are foods
    like coconut and palm kernel oil which are highly saturated but contain
    no cholesterol. So while the two are generally associated food wise,
    it's not an absolute case.

4.Chronically high insulin levels (which can occur when you tell peope
    to replace fats with carbohydrates, depending on their carb choices)
    also affect blood lipid levels (insulin stimulates HMG-CoA reductase
    which is the rate limiting enzyme for cholesterol synthesis in the liver
    ; high insulin also raises blood triglyceride levels which is an
    independent risk factor for heart disease).

Ok, so what about eggs. The original backlash against eggs had to do
    with their cholesterol content, because at the time cholesterol intake
    was being blamed for high blood cholesterol levels, which we now know
    has only a minor effect. That's part of why you'll hear the 'bull****'
    on 'eggs raise blood cholesterol'.

But, you ask what about the fat content. Looking at the USDA database, a
    whole egg is listed as having

Total lipid (fat) Gms : 10.020 10.4% 13.7%
    OF which the following major fatty acids appear (there are trace amounts
    of some others but I'm leaving them out).

Palmitic acid (16:0) Gms : 2.226
    Stearic acid (18:0) Gms : 0.784
    Oleic acid (18:1) Gms : 3.473
    Linoleic acid (18:2/n6) Gms : 1.148 17.9% 23.4%

Ok, 2.2 grams of palmitic, which is a cholesterol raising saturated fat.
    0.7 g of stearic acid, a neutral saturated fat.
    3.4 g of oleic acid whith is neutral
    1.1 g of w-6 which is a cholesterol lower polyunsaturated fat.

So of the 10 total grams of fat, 2.2 grams are negative in terms of
    cholesterol, 4.1 are neutral, and 1.2 is positive.

Hardly the death in a white shell that they are made out to be.

So that's the basic gist of it.
    Yes, excessive saturated fat has a negative impact on cholesterol.
    For some people, excessive cholesterol can have an additional minor effect.
    Yes, saturated fat and cholesterol tend to accompany one another but not always.
    The rest of the diet (fiber, w-3/w-6 intake from other foods) has to be
    taken into effect.

And that doesn't even bring the effect of exercise into the equation.

Lyle
    Unaffiliated.

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    On a bulk, i eat around 20 whole eggs a day. Havent had any problems yet, aside from gaining too much muscle .

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    werd to that, eggs are the best food ever. 5 for breakfast, 6 post workout, awesome. I limit them only based on total calories - today im only eating three

Everyone who is awesome eats a lot of eggs, guaranteed.
    5'11", 187lbs, 19 y/o

[DL]
    5 x 302.5 (06.06)
    [Pullups]
    3x3 x +33 (08.06)
    [overhead]
    115 x 3 (09.06)

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=633909

OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OUFBALL09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

finally at the end of this some smart people came in and posted, i hate it when people say dont eat egg yolks, it pissed me off

Fitz84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitz84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you guys usually have your eggs? Sounds like a stupid question, but I'm just curious.

I'm trying to lose some body fat, usually if I do eat eggs, I semi boil them so it's a bit runny.

Registered User blood vs. water's Avatar
    blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have 5 whites and 1 whole egg every morning. i hardboil the eggs the night before and bring them in to work the next morning. i eat these for my second meal of the day (9:30 a.m.) along with banana and 4 oz. of cottage cheese (those little snack pack cottage cheeses are so convenient).

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You gotta eat the yolk, that's the baby chicken!

rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000)

Thank you, yes, there should be a sticky, I eat at LEAST 6 whole eggs per day, and my cholesterol has NEVER been affected by it. Yeah, I also eat a Keto diet occasionally, including VERY high fat and my numbers are better than average for a 38 year old.

I can't stand people fearing eating egg yolks, you are throwing away the best freakin' part of the egg!
    Steve

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Body like a stone, mind like a meatloaf.
    - Eric Cartman

Registered User blood vs. water's Avatar
    blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eggs are amazing. one of the best foods at such a low low cost.

so I can eat like 4 egg whites and a whole egg and be fine ? coz i would hate it if i end up sick and then my mom tell me..."I told ya so"...

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation

Just in case anyone missed it... quoted for truth

I cant beleive how quickly people can jump on an egg thread and throw about misinformation.