tblagg1110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Running but not losing weight

I have been running every other day about 5 miles a day. I ride a horse the other days and eat very healty, but the scale is going up. People say that it's just muscle, but my body doesn't look like I have gained muscle at all. What am I doing wrong>?

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Were you maintaining a steady weight before you started running and riding? If so, have you increased your caloric intake at all? It is possible that the normal increase in appetite caused by this activity has caused you to exceed the amount of calories you need to maintain or lose weight. Many people don't keep close enough track of their intake and just don't notice a little bite here a snack there...

(For those who say, "what does riding a horse have to do with anything", riding a horse is a lot more physically demanding than you might think, if you haven't actually done it.)
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Well, I was around 121-123 consistently before I started running again. I was taking Hydroxycut but about 2 weeks ago I ran out. Then I started running and since then my weight has stayed around 126. I have not weighed that much in a long time. Iwas really upset on the scale. For the past 2 weeks I have kept a diary of what I have been eating and I don't see anything that would make me gain the weight. I have not increased my intake that I can see

About the riding. I ride English and jump so it does take a lot of muscles to stay on like you said. It's a great workout!!

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    With that kind of riding, it wouldn't be surprising to be putting on a little muscle in your thighs and glutes, since you're out of the saddle a fair amount. Sitting on half a ton of muscle and controlling it (especially when jumping) can get anerobic at times and cause a little good hypertrophy over time.

It's possible that you are gaining muscle and losing fat (though it doesn't sound like you have much fat at all) at the same time. Muscle is heavier than fat, so you might even get a wee bit smaller as you gain a few pounds, but that's not undesirable weight gain.

Based on your weight, are you female, or just a short guy?

I am a woman. I am thinking about starting to take Exenadrine.

Originally posted by tblagg1110
    I am a woman. I am thinking about starting to take Exenadrine.
    Before you start with any supplements or anything like that, try just cutting a couple of hundred calories per day instead, or increase your runs to 6 miles (at the same pace). Give that a shot for a few weeks. It'll be cheaper, and healthier.

Don't take this the wrong way, but there are waayyy too many women out there that seem to want a bony backside and death camp-skinny thighs that look like they belong on an underfed 10-year old boy, not on a woman. If she's pretty solid, a 5'5"-ish woman can look great at 130 or 140 (not to mention feeling very healthy, which is even more important). I call it the "working farm girl" build

I like how you say it's the working farm girl build. But I am only 5'2" and I don't want to weight over 118lbs. So I am trying to now lose about 6 lbs. The closer I get to it then my weight goes back up. I would try cutting a couple hundred calories, but I don't have much to cut. Today I had a salad for lunch, a can of pineapple for a snack. TOnight I might have some turkey enchiladas. It's just hard to find clothes because I am short, have a 24 1/2 - 25" waste but I have a butt. I am trying to slim down my thighs and hips to maybe make myself in better proportions. I would like a body like a fitness America person. I am not out of shape and have good definition, but it;s too much. Any way to get rid of it and slim down. Are there better activities rather than running for more slimming?

Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Running but not losing weight

I have been running every other day about 5 miles a day. I ride a horse the other days and eat very healty, but the scale is going up. People say that it's just muscle, but my body doesn't look like I have gained muscle at all. What am I doing wrong>?
    I look at fat loss the same way I look at fat gain, which is kind of like a sunset. You don't really see it happening step by step, but before you know it, it's dark outside, the sun has set. I've never noticed a day-to-day difference in any fat loss program. It's only over the long haul when I can tell even a *small* difference. It's hard to lose fat because we all want results so quickly, but that's not the way the body works. So please, be patient, keep eating healthy and doing cardio regularly, and results will be yours.
    "If your life doesn't pass before you when you squat, you aren't doing it right." -Tom Platz

tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like how you say it's the working farm girl build. But I am only 5'2" and I don't want to weight over 118lbs. So I am trying to now lose about 6 lbs. The closer I get to it then my weight goes back up. I would try cutting a couple hundred calories, but I don't have much to cut. Today I had a salad for lunch, a can of pineapple for a snack. TOnight I might have some turkey enchiladas. It's just hard to find clothes because I am short, have a 24 1/2 - 25" waste but I have a butt. I am trying to slim down my thighs and hips to maybe make myself in better proportions. I would like a body like a fitness America person. I am not out of shape and have good definition, but it;s too much. Any way to get rid of it and slim down. Are there better activities rather than running for more slimming?
    Sounds like your on the right track. You sound dedicated and thats what we all liek to hear. My g/f is 5'2 and she just gets regualr clothes then gets them tailored.
    "you were cheaper to feed when you ate crappy" - mom

weight-165 age-18 dead-295x5| 320
    squat - 285x10 | 300 2 accidents so far(lol) (TY squat rack)
    bench- 160x5 :( |175

Courage is the knowledge of what ought to be endured. ~ Philo

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon