Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calorie deficit *and* cardio??

Hey everyone,

I am still trying to find the perfect mix. I weighed in this morning, and I was 3 lbs heavier. So, that is now at least 10 I have to loose. That put me at around 156-157 on the scales, and I was 153 last Monday

I was very depressed. I found one of those 3 day diets to boost me for this week. It is VERY low cal though, check it out:

1ST Day:

Breakfast: Black coffee or tea or water, 1/2 grapefruit (I had a
    whole one), 1 slice toast, 2 tablespoons of peanut
    butter.

Lunch: 1/2 cup tuna (I will eat the whole can), 1 slice toast,
    coffee or tea.

Dinner: 2 slices any type meat, 1 cup string beans, 1 cup
    beets, 1 small apple, 1 cup vanilla ice cream.

2ND Day:

Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice toast, 1/2 banana

Lunch: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 5 saltine crackers, or small
    salad

Dinner: 2 hot dogs, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2
    banana, 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

3RD Day:

Breakfast: 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 small
    apple

Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice toast

Dinner: 1 cup tuna, 1 cup beets, 1 cup cauliflower,
    1/2 cantaloupe, 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

It says in 3 days you will lose 10 lbs. I still think that is far fetched. And it tells you to do those 3 days, and then eat normal for 4 days, and then go back to the 3 days. It says you can lose up to 40 lbs in a month. And that is is A SAFE DIET.

No snacking in between meals, and drinking the 8 glasses of water a day.

I KNOW I am going to get flamed for this *hiding from Patton*, but I am gettin desperate. I lifted hard and heavy last week. Maybe I need to cut most of the weights out?

Everyone that reads this thread needs to know that before they respond, I am NOT a bodybuilder. B/c of the Marines, I have to have a certain number showing on the scales, and it has to be 150 OR BELOW. I have to lose FAT, or water weight here.

I was also instructed to start working out in my plastic (vinyl) suit
    again. That is the complete pants, shirt set. That thing is a killer.
    Should I run w/ it, or do stairs?

Is it ok to do CARDIO w/ this diet? I don't want to get sick. I know it sounds bad, but I would sacrifice some muscle to loose on the scales. How about 30-40 on the stairs, or a couple miles running in that plastic suit? I have done it before, and that is intense, w/ a LOT of sweat.

Anyway, thanks for the info I hope to be getting Thanks everyone for reading...

I am hoping to get at least 10 lbs off this week or by the next week.

Thanks! Oh, and btw, turkey day-I have NO fear
    Last edited by Semper Fi350; 11-25-2002 at 07:04 AM.
    A.N.

aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Where do you get these diets? I am not trying to be mean or anything but they are pretty bad. It is NOT safe to lose 40 lbs in a month. I'm not even sure if that would be possible anyways.

No hot dogs, no vanilla ice cream, no saltine crackers

Eat 5 or 6 small meals a day.

Good proteins: chicken, tuna, nonfat cottage cheese, lean beef, egg whites

Good carbs: oatmeal (not instant), whole wheat bread, brown rice

Fats: flax seed oil, fish oil

Fiberous veggies? Broccoli! Cauliflower! Will help clean you out (kinda nasty sounding but true).

Do a fullbody workout twice a week and cardio on an empty stomach in the morning as many days as you can.

Vinyl suit will only make you lose water weight..and it can be dangerous. I know wrestlers that do it to make a weight class but I think they only do it right before the time they weigh in.
    Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by aprildawn
    Where do you get these diets? I am not trying to be mean or anything but they are pretty bad. It is NOT safe to lose 40 lbs in a month. I'm not even sure if that would be possible anyways.

No hot dogs, no vanilla ice cream, no saltine crackers

Eat 5 or 6 small meals a day.

Good proteins: chicken, tuna, nonfat cottage cheese, lean beef, egg whites

Good carbs: oatmeal (not instant), whole wheat bread, brown rice

Fats: flax seed oil, fish oil

Fiberous veggies? Broccoli! Cauliflower! Will help clean you out (kinda nasty sounding but true).

Do a fullbody workout twice a week and cardio on an empty stomach in the morning as many days as you can.

Vinyl suit will only make you lose water weight..and it can be dangerous. I know wrestlers that do it to make a weight class but I think they only do it right before the time they weigh in.
    I am about to go absolutely crazy. Those foods made me heavy
    When I added up the calories on that diet I mentioned above, it comes out to about 1000 a day. Which is what I need to CUT weight. Isn't 1000 safe?

Remember, I AM NOT A BODYBUILDER like the rest of you. I would love to be, but the scales have to DROP for me to ship out.
    And I want that weight off now.

That plastic suit will have to help me. Isn't sweating the key? I can't take much more of this mentally.
    A.N.

aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000) aprildawn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh I see. You're only doing 3 days a week of cardio. Increase your cardio if you need to lose the weight fast. Just lift enough to maintain your muscle. I think 2 full body workouts a week would be fine. I wouldn't go below 1500 cals a day though.
    Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

Homegrown25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Homegrown25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Homegrown25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by aprildawn
    Oh I see. You're only doing 3 days a week of cardio. Increase your cardio if you need to lose the weight fast. Just lift enough to maintain your muscle. I think 2 full body workouts a week would be fine. I wouldn't go below 1500 cals a day though.

I agree she needs more cardio and to cut the hot dogs, vanilla ice cream, saltine crackers and dont be impatient about the fat loss. If you want to keep the weight off you are gonna have to take it off correctly and not by crash dieting. Just my opinion...trying to help.
    Any opinions or advice expressed in my posts are purely hypothetical and for entertainment purposes only.

Originally posted by Homegrown25
    I agree she needs more cardio and to cut the hot dogs, vanilla ice cream, saltine crackers and dont be impatient about the fat loss. If you want to keep the weight off you are gonna have to take it off correctly and not by crash dieting. Just my opinion...trying to help.
    Well, here is the dealio.

The hot dogs, are just the wieners, NO buns. The vanilla ice cream is going to be Healthy choice. When I added up all these calories, it was around 1000 a day. The crackers, are 11 carbs for 5. Or you can replace w/ a small salad.

I will be able to keep it off once I leave for boot camp. When I get there, it will be in their hands. NOT mine. That is why I am doing this. I know that crash diets are no good. But to get these last few off, FAST, I don't have a choice. I am having to watch the
    scales here. I wish I could do it the other way around.

Thanks, and more replies are great

Cardio EVERY DAY?
    A.N.

Homegrown25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Homegrown25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Homegrown25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would work up to 5 miles a day 4 times a week and cut the weight training back to twice weekly. Keep the reps high and weight low but try to feel your body out for what you can handle safely. As far as diet goes....drop all of those things I stated previously. Replace them with a garden salad, chicken salad, fresh or steamed veggies, brown rice, or pasta and you should see better results-IMHO. HG
    Any opinions or advice expressed in my posts are purely hypothetical and for entertainment purposes only.

Patton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Angela,

I agree with HG and april. This diet is garbage. In my opnion, diet is so much a bigger factor when it comes to cutting. I really hope I am not pissing you off with my advice, I just want you to be where you want to be without killing yourself. Vinyl suit? Toss that out unless suicide is on your mind. Even if you drop weight, the water weight will certainly be back by January.

I know you are not a bodybuilder, but some of us are not either. Anyone who knows anything about nutrition will tell you diet is the number 1 priority when it comes to cutting. Just take a look at this diet and think if that kind of weight loss is possible. Especially eating such off the wall foods.

I don't know where you are getting the numbers you quoted but I think there are much more than a 1000 calories here. I am not suggesting you go that low anyway, I just want to make sure you are using the right portions to get those calculations. Check your servings. Eat the good sources of nutrition the others suggested, but cut your portions down. I would measure servings by the size of your palm. This "any type meat" stuff is for crap as well. Use meats like flank steak, top round, turkey, tuna, salmon, and skinless chicken breast to get the best benefits.

I would definitely cut down on all the bread. Even if that is whole wheat, that is too many carbs. The crackers are just empty calories of white flour that provide little nutrition. The salt is enough to make me refrain.

Go beyond your best in your cardio sessions. Do at least one session a day. Alternate high intensity interval with a longer duration mid-intensity session the next day (your weight training day). Drink more like 10-12 glasses of water a day. With all that working out, if you don't have enough replenishment, your body will retain as much water as it needs. Read: you will not lose weight.

Don't be in such a rush. I know you are growing impatient, and probably a little pissed with all my posts but I want to help you lose it sensibly. 10 lbs. in two weeks is not sensible.

Remember: Be your own drill instructor - ORDER your body to burn the fat and drop the weight.
    The path to Easy Street goes through the sewer.

Ok, so I basically need to drop this diet now? I just want to be able to loose at least 2 lbs this week. I would be a really happy
    mofo if I could. And I will be WATCHING the scales.

I will try to stick w/ the meats and salads. Some cottage cheese
    here and there. And I will keep the Zone bars, and EAS (cookies
    n' cream) bars handy for suppers. Before I started this diet this week, I was eating a Zone bar, or a EAS bar for supper.

Can I still eat 2 boiled eggs for breakfast? They are 90 cals a pop.
    The bacon is like 70-90 cals for 2 slices. I want to use my calories wisely. And I adore grapefruit, and if they are only 33 cals a piece, can I eat more of them?

Time to get on track, and get back to business. Yesterday I got on the treadmill walked a mile, ran a mile half at 6.3 mph, then walked another 1/2 mile. It was like 40 minutes, and I had on that crazy plastic suit, but I felt good

I appreciate ALL of your help. I will lose this weight, and I hope all of you continue to be patient w/ me. I will be a mess come December.

And Patton, I sent you an email!

Thanks Homegrown and aprildawn!

How about jumping rope?????????????
    A.N.

Patton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have a reply.
    The path to Easy Street goes through the sewer.

Jumping rope is great cardio IMO. I do sort of an interval training on the ropes. 3 minutes as fast as I can then 2 minutes at a slower pace then back to the "sprint" for 3 minutes. Hang in there and you will achieve your goals. HG

pitbullmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You ever think about a atkins/keto type diet. I went on this and after the first week I went to my Navy recruiter and weighed in and I had lost 6.5 lbs. He almosy Sh*t himself. Now, I know its not all actual weightloss, but the Navy doesn't. Try it if you want.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"
    "If you can't roll with the big dogs, stay on the chain"

Originally posted by pitbullmuscle
    You ever think about a atkins/keto type diet. I went on this and after the first week I went to my Navy recruiter and weighed in and I had lost 6.5 lbs. He almosy Sh*t himself. Now, I know its not all actual weightloss, but the Navy doesn't. Try it if you want.
    What do you mean an Atkins/keto type diet? Just no sugars or hardly any carbs? I am good to go in the drink area. B/c all I drink is water anyway.

I need to find out the perfect way to exercise as well. To lift, or not to lift.....and how much cardio, ya know?
    A.N.

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Last resort:

Try a LOW carb diet a week or two before, you'll lost a few WATER pounds.
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.

Originally posted by bachovas
    Last resort:

Try a LOW carb diet a week or two before, you'll lost a few WATER pounds.
    Well, I hope to be able to do that as well! The week before I go, I will probably eat REAL low cal. And definitely HIGH protien. I dread that week, the week before I go.

Thanks for the tip
    A.N.

sUnKiSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I DID THAT DIET Semper Fi350 FOR MORE THAN 3 MONTHS

i DIDT THE SAME WAY YOU WROTE IT, YEAH I LOST WEIGHT,TOO FAST,SOME OF MUSCLE WATER AND FAT... LATER ON THAT DIET, I HAVE TO CUT MORE THE CALS, I ENDED EATING JUST TWO APPLES A DAY,(STUPID THING) ANOREXIA/ANEMIA DISORDERS LATER ON... I SUGGEST TO START A DIET 1500-2200 CALORIES THEN SLOWLY CUT YOUR CALS, THAT DIET YOU SAMPLE'D IS ALL READY TO LOW ON CALORIES,ITS EASY TO HIT A PLATEAU WITH THAT DIET... IM TELLING YOU BY MY EXPERIENCE.. SEARCH MY THREADS...
    I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Angela

Pick something and stay with it for more than 5 minutes... everyday you're on with some new half baked idea. To lose weight takes time... to lose 40lb of fat will take about 15 to 20 weeks (or more), sorry there is no magic. You have to work at it. If you folow any of the suggested plans you have gotten here you will lose weight but you need to understand and follow the program. If you can't stay focused your not going to make it as a Marine, I sorry but that's the truth as I see it. I maybe wrong but I don't think so. Believe me, I and every one want to help you but you need to do your part and stay focused, Okay?

Rob
    Last edited by rleeson; 11-28-2002 at 05:44 PM.

IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Angela, if you really just want to show a quick"weight" loss rather than "fat" loss, start a keto diet (I would also then recommend to continue with it as well to achieve real fat loss).

Basically, with keto, in the first week your insulin levels drop as your blood suger drops (a good thing). In response to this your body gives up alot of stored sodium. You will be carrying excess water to offset this sodium, so once you drop the sodium from your body the water follows. I dropped 6lbs of water in the first week. You can also avoid salt to also minimise any water retention.

This first week is an adjustment period for your body so you may feel tired in the afternoon.

The key to making this work is not low carb and high protein, its good protein 0.8-1g per lb of LBM, around 20-30g of carbs per day and lots of fat (dont worry this won't make you fat).

I'm really not keen on suggesting this as a quick fix, as rleeson says, you need to stick to something to see the benefit. But rather than to fad and crash diets you are trying, this is better.

Good luck.

kiki cohen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is just my opinion, but, if you want... i heard of this stuff called pentabsol

supposedly it reduces efficiency of fat burning.

YES THAT SOUNDS BAD!!!

but i read over it at their site, and heres what it does.

increases fat mobilization
    instead of 16% fat lost as heat, UP TO 50% is lost as heat. (that means that you need more fat to meet the energy requirements)

you can thank my internal clock for this one. i went to bed at 1030, and woke up at 730. i can't sleep longer than that, but, yay, it's the right amount of sleep!
    "If gluttony were a sin, we wouldn't be allowed to eat in church" ~ The Homer