Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User NYCDynamix's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Age: 30
    Posts: 22
    Rep Power: 0
    NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000)
    NYCDynamix is offline

    CLA vs. Omega 3 Fatty Acids?!

    I just want to get one thing clear, are you or are you NOT supposed to take CLA and Omega 3 Fatty acids together at the same time? I've just read a couple of articles and posts here stating that they both tend to compete against each other and then they wont work to thier full potential when taking at the same time?! I have been taking them together for about 3 days now, before i head of into the wrong path I want to make sure I'm taking these two supps correctly. So like i said before, I want to get it real clear, it is alright to take these two supps together at the same time or do I add a couple of hrs in between these two supps? (I read that i should take these 2 at least 3 hrs apart from each other).

    THX all
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User davedepezio's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: The Big AZ
    Age: 35
    Posts: 974
    Rep Power: 14
    davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000) davedepezio is a name known to all. (+5000)
    davedepezio is offline
    Personally I would drop the CLA all together.
    "I have got to get me one of these"
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User danielrb's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Posts: 70
    Rep Power: 11
    danielrb is just really nice. (+1000) danielrb is just really nice. (+1000) danielrb is just really nice. (+1000) danielrb is just really nice. (+1000) danielrb is just really nice. (+1000) danielrb is just really nice. (+1000) danielrb is just really nice. (+1000) danielrb is just really nice. (+1000) danielrb is just really nice. (+1000) danielrb is just really nice. (+1000)
    danielrb is offline
    Originally Posted by NYCDynamix
    I just want to get one thing clear, are you or are you NOT supposed to take CLA and Omega 3 Fatty acids together at the same time? I've just read a couple of articles and posts here stating that they both tend to compete against each other and then they wont work to thier full potential when taking at the same time?! I have been taking them together for about 3 days now, before i head of into the wrong path I want to make sure I'm taking these two supps correctly. So like i said before, I want to get it real clear, it is alright to take these two supps together at the same time or do I add a couple of hrs in between these two supps? (I read that i should take these 2 at least 3 hrs apart from each other).

    THX all
    This is a question that keeps being asked because of a couple articles that were recently released on bb.com. It was explained that there arent many stuides relating to this and the body is actually really good at absorbing fat, so there shouldn't be any problem with taking them the way you have been. Cla is debatable on effectivness taken alone and taking it with fish oil should actually increase the effect.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User PSKlifter's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 4,517
    BodyPoints: 35
    Rep Power: 1810
    PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PSKlifter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit PSKlifter's BodySpace
    PSKlifter is offline
    CLA by itself I am not too impressed with. But many report significant loss when using CLA w/ Sesamin products, along side their normal efa intake.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User young_squatter's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Age: 27
    Stats: 6'0", 170 lbs
    Posts: 18,222
    BodyPoints: 18999
    Rep Power: 2765
    young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit young_squatter's BodySpace
    young_squatter is offline
    http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/we...n-research.htm
    http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=123333

    These are a couple studies on CLA.

    CLA works best when stacked with sesamin, people really dont see as good of results when taking as a stand alone.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User NYCDynamix's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Age: 30
    Posts: 22
    Rep Power: 0
    NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000) NYCDynamix is just really nice. (+1000)
    NYCDynamix is offline
    Originally Posted by young_squatter
    http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/we...n-research.htm
    http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=123333

    These are a couple studies on CLA.

    CLA works best when stacked with sesamin, people really dont see as good of results when taking as a stand alone.
    Thats great info there! Yeah i guess ill just continue takingit with my Omega 3 and Sesamin. (take all 3 at the same time)

    Btw, I have the PrimaForce Max CLA, each pill is 1000 milligram or 1 gram. Now after reading the first article on CLA, i noticed that they mentioned that the group who took 5.1 grams and 6.9 grams had the best impressive results in low body fat reduction and increased lean mass gains. My question is, should I start taking CLA at least 5-6 times a day now, or should i just stick to the CLA instructions and take 3 a day? I want to get the best results possible with this stuff.

    THX
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User young_squatter's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Age: 27
    Stats: 6'0", 170 lbs
    Posts: 18,222
    BodyPoints: 18999
    Rep Power: 2765
    young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) young_squatter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit young_squatter's BodySpace
    young_squatter is offline
    Originally Posted by NYCDynamix
    Thats great info there! Yeah i guess ill just continue takingit with my Omega 3 and Sesamin. (take all 3 at the same time)

    Btw, I have the PrimaForce Max CLA, each pill is 1000 milligram or 1 gram. Now after reading the first article on CLA, i noticed that they mentioned that the group who took 5.1 grams and 6.9 grams had the best impressive results in low body fat reduction and increased lean mass gains. My question is, should I start taking CLA at least 5-6 times a day now, or should i just stick to the CLA instructions and take 3 a day? I want to get the best results possible with this stuff.

    THX
    Take 2 caps 3 times a day or 3 caps 2 times a day. 6 grams a day.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout