Truthserum1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Realistically - how long does it take to get like this??

Ok so I've been working out for the past 5 years. I dropped down to a lean 125 at one point w/ 17% BF and I'm 5'4", female and 28 yrs old. My body was excellent. I'm now 163lbs :-( around a size 12, with muscle but in desperate need of shedding fat and building more muscle/strength back.

I dropped off the bandwagon because of various reasons (LIFE in general). I've been so inconsistent with my diet and workouts. I've recently got back into my old diet/workout regimen.

But realistically.... how long (with consistent training and a clean diet) would it take to get like the below picture? I know it's hard to tell w/o seeing my starting point. But im speaking very generally here.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...=25084&cat=505

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is so hard to say... you have given your body measurments but they don't really mean that much to us because we don't know your body type, genetic potential etc

For me, I am an ectomorph with long limbs. For me to look like that, probably at least 3 years and a lof of hard work

For you, it could be six months, but there are just soo many variables...

firechickie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just Do It

You and I are similar in that I'm 5'5" and I saw your picture, we're a similar build, I USED to weigh 125ish, and I'm 37. 10 months ago I was about 190lbs. Life in general was also what happened to me, that and foot problems! But, I got over that and prioritized ME and not everyone else in the world. I started working out again consistently for three months and lost 20lbs. Then life came back. In March, I kicked life in the butt and said no more, and hired a personal trainer to get me motivated and focused. I've lost another 10lbs this past month, so I'm now 160. If I keep up this pace, I should be no more than 140 for a show that I want to do at the end of May; competing in a bodybuilding is a "tangible" goal in my eyes. I'm not expecting to place, but I am expecting to be in better health. So, I don't think it will take you too long with being consistent in your workouts including cardio and eating fairly clean. Funny, I've been out of the bodybuilding thing for about 15 years, but with eating every three hours, which feels like I'm eating more food now that I did before, I keep losing weight!! I think what you have to do here if you want to get back to your "picture" self, is to Just Do It, excuse the slogan. Stop whatever it is that keeps you from being consistent, and DO IT! Best of luck.

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    That is a great pic!!! She has a great body!!!

Originally Posted by Imperfectlylou
    It is so hard to say... you have given your body measurments but they don't really mean that much to us because we don't know your body type, genetic potential etc

For me, I am an ectomorph with long limbs. For me to look like that, probably at least 3 years and a lof of hard work

For you, it could be six months, but there are just soo many variables..
    I agree....but I think 2 years of consistant diet and exercise would be reasonable depending on how your body responds....Good luck with your goals!

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its going to depend on your body and your discipline, but i would say 1.5-2 years.

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It'll take time, but I don't think that should unmotivate you from trying!! Somebody here has a great quote about not giving up on something just because it takes a little time, that time will pass, regardless?? Frik, who's quote is that?! It's a good quote, though!!

Don't let that pic or time be your determinant for trying. If you're going to compare yourself to another, I don't suggest it, by the way, at least look at the positive aspects, the things you share, rather than the things that differential you from her. For instance, don't think, "My abs are no where near as slim or visible as hers", but "though my abs aren't like hers now, they will be, and they went down .5 an inch!". Something like that!! Little successes will be your motivators in your physique endeavors.

Granola eatin' fool fitcajungirl's Avatar
    fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with everyone here...don't worry about how long it will take you to look like a certain physique, just start a program and don't look back. Formulate a plan and stick to it, when you stop getting the results you want, (after sticking to the plan for at least 2 months) change it up. Don't think of it as something you will do temporarily and stop when you get the look you want. Take baby steps, and ENJOY THE JOURNEY!!

You can do it!
    Good Luck
    Lisa
    www.fitlisa.com