latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

what does a typical back/bi's workout look like?

i can never figure out a good balance for major to minor ratio of exercises.. i usually do something like.. 10-12 sets for the major and 2-4 for the minor?
    maybe this is too much.. wana help me out?
    Penn State University
    College of Health and Human Development
    Undergraduate Program for Nutritional Sciences
    -and-
    Undergraduate Program for Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management

You're born small and weak.
    You die small and weak.
    How you look in between is upto you.

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
    i rep back

MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBRoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lat pulldown - 3 sets 4-6 reps
    seated cable row- 2 sets 4-6 reps
    back extension- 2 sets 4-6 reps
    bb curl- 2 sets 4-6 reps
    db hammer curl- 2 sets 4-6 reps
    straight bar cable curl- 1 sets 4-6 reps

thats my back and bicep workout... heavy weight low rep based on max ot its worked well for me altho im gonna have to start deadlifting soon
    No Pain..No Gain.. Remain The Same...

latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump
    Penn State University
    College of Health and Human Development
    Undergraduate Program for Nutritional Sciences
    -and-
    Undergraduate Program for Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management

You're born small and weak.
    You die small and weak.
    How you look in between is upto you.

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
    i rep back

I'm just a regular dude iron619's Avatar
    iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by latspread
    i can never figure out a good balance for major to minor ratio of exercises.. i usually do something like.. 10-12 sets for the major and 2-4 for the minor?
    maybe this is too much.. wana help me out?
    The number of exercises, sets and reps will depend on how frequently you want to train your back/bi. I will guess that you plan on training these once a week. In this case, you can handle more volume per training session. Since I train everything twice a week, I need to lower the volume for each training session.

If I were to do a back/bicep split once a week, I would do deadlifts first, since it is the hardest and most exhausting exercise to execute. After this, I would do some form of rowing exercise (DB, BB, T-Bar..etc.). After the rowing exercise, I would likely do (weighted) pull ups. That equals three exercises. The reps and sets would change weekly. Sometimes I may perform up to 7 or 8 sets for each exercise; other days might just be 2-3 sets per exercise. Reps would range from 1-15. The way you periodize your training is up to you and what you respond and prefer.
    USMC: 1999-2003; 2009-Current

USPA / USAPL

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/iron619

Strength Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=765147