GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Best "support" supps for accutane?

My derm will be giving me a prescription for accutane in a few weeks if the anti-biotics I'm on prove ineffective. I've been on accutane in the past and I know that it is fairly harsh on the liver and kidneys.

I would like to take some supplements while on accutane to combat these ill effects and stay as healthy as possible. These supps will mainy be for peace of mind, but I'm not quite sure what to get. I'm thinking:

Milk thistle - (I will def get this)
    Sesamin - it is a potent anti-oxidant and kind to the kidneys, from what I've been told.
    Designer Supplements Vigor - Decent looking anti-oxidant.
    ALCAR
    NAC

Should I drop or add anything here? I know it's probably OTT, to take these supps but I want to be more active when it comes to taking care of my health and accutane really makes me feel like ****e. So I will be getting some "healthy" supplements but I would like to know if those I mentioned are a good choice or a waste of money.

Any advice will be appreciated.
    Currently cutting

Supplements:

Caffeine
    Syntrax whey shake
    Creapure monohydrate
    Driven Sports Lean Xtreme

cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GeordieArtois
    My derm will be giving me a prescription for accutane in a few weeks if the anti-biotics I'm on prove ineffective. I've been on accutane in the past and I know that it is fairly harsh on the liver and kidneys.

I would like to take some supplements while on accutane to combat these ill effects and stay as healthy as possible. These supps will mainy be for peace of mind, but I'm not quite sure what to get. I'm thinking:

Milk thistle - (I will def get this)
    Sesamin - it is a potent anti-oxidant and kind to the kidneys, from what I've been told.
    Designer Supplements Vigor - Decent looking anti-oxidant.
    ALCAR
    NAC

Should I drop or add anything here? I know it's probably OTT, to take these supps but I want to be more active when it comes to taking care of my health and accutane really makes me feel like ****e. So I will be getting some "healthy" supplements but I would like to know if those I mentioned are a good choice or a waste of money.

Any advice will be appreciated.
    How many mg do you take a day?
    I currently take it at 1 pill to 2 pills a week?
    Im sure you have some chapstick handy

GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cxm
    How many mg do you take a day?
    I currently take it at 1 pill to 2 pills a week?
    Im sure you have some chapstick handy
    My derm said she would give me between 25 - 50mg a day, which is less than my previous cycles because I suffer pretty badly from side effects.

Yeah, I got some chapstick and natural tears eye drops. Its been around 2 years since I was last on accutane and my lips and eyes are still dry as hell.
    Currently cutting

Supplements:

Caffeine
    Syntrax whey shake
    Creapure monohydrate

cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My derm said she would give me between 25 - 50mg a day, which is less than my previous cycles because I suffer pretty badly from side effects.

Yeah, I got some chapstick and natural tears eye drops. Its been around 2 years since I was last on accutane and my lips and eyes are still dry as hell.
    I just started taking sesamin, not bad to right now since it's on sale for the combo. Has your doctor sent you for a blood test to make sure your liver is fine? What exactly are your sides other than dry lips and eyes? I have really bad dry skin so I try to drink a lot of water.

Originally Posted by cxm
    I just started taking sesamin, not bad to right now since it's on sale for the combo. Has your doctor sent you for a blood test to make sure your liver is fine? What exactly are your sides other than dry lips and eyes? I have really bad dry skin so I try to drink a lot of water.
    My doc hasn't sent me for a blood test yet. He's put me on erythromycin (anti-biotics) and I've nearly finished those. He is going to refer me to a derm who said she would prescribe me accutane if my skin hasn't cleared within a week or so.

When I was on accutane in the past I always had pretty bad sides:

Dry eyes
    Really dry skin
    Nose bleeds
    Very short temper
    Depression
    Headaches
    Nausea
    Dizziness
    Short term memory loss
    Disturbed sleeping patterns
    Fluctuating appetite
    Sore muscles/tendons/joints
    Stomach pains/cramps

I always had blood tests every 2 weeks and my derm said the results came back fine, even though I was drinking hard at the time (because of the depression/mood swings).

I just figured I would take some supps to stay on the safe side and for peace of mind, but I'm not sure if any of them would be interfere with the accutane or which would be the best to take.
    Currently cutting

Supplements:

Caffeine
    Syntrax whey shake
    Creapure monohydrate

When I was taking accutane at 25 to 50mg a day, the derm told me to not eat a high fat diet, due to accutane possible raising cholesterol levels. I don't see how sesamin would be bad at 3gr a day, milk thistle the same.
    Edit:
    The anti-oxidants should not be a problem but it would definitely be good to consult the derm about the supps your taking.
    Last edited by cxm; 04-03-2006 at 11:10 AM.

digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500) digital1986 is not very helpful. (-500)
    lol I remember the accutane days and blood tests every month. I was on it for 5 months and the only side effects I had were horrible chapped lips and bloody noses.

Originally Posted by cxm
    When I was taking accutane at 25 to 50mg a day, the derm told me to not eat a high fat diet, due to accutane possible raising cholesterol levels. I don't see how sesamin would be bad at 3gr a day, milk thistle the same.
    Edit:
    The anti-oxidants should not be a problem but it would definitely be good to consult the derm about the supps your taking.
    Thanks man. Yeah I will tell my derm what supps I'm on, but she is clueless when it comes to supps so I thought I would seek out advice here, as I've seen more medical knowledge from members here than any of the docs I've seen lol.
    Currently cutting

Supplements:

Caffeine
    Syntrax whey shake
    Creapure monohydrate

Originally Posted by digital1986
    lol I remember the accutane days and blood tests every month. I was on it for 5 months and the only side effects I had were horrible chapped lips and bloody noses.
    Yeah I seem to be in the minority when it comes to side effects that bad lol.
    Currently cutting

Supplements:

Caffeine
    Syntrax whey shake
    Creapure monohydrate

Thanks man. Yeah I will tell my derm what supps I'm on, but she is clueless when it comes to supps so I thought I would seek out advice here, as I've seen more medical knowledge from members here than any of the docs I've seen lol.
    No problem sir