Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Should You Train With Someone Who Doesn't Practice What They Preach ?

I have been training with my trainer since mid May of last year. I love her to death, she is hillarious and just a really great person all around. However, she does not practice what she preaches. I have sessions with her three times a week, don't get me wrong she definatelty pushes me. But it's so hard to do a complicated set when she's telling me to keep eating clean, then changes it to how she ate two Pizzas and downed 8 Long Island Ice Teas, and then ate deep fried sweet potatoe fries (THIS IS NO EXAGERATION). I'm finally starting to see results now that I have done some research HERE, and reading MsFits's Dangerous Curves E-Book, that's fantastic, and stopped following my trainers cardio and diet advice. I have fallen head over heels in love with fitness and sculpting your body. I need some advice if I should continue training with her, or move on ?

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, from a guy's perspective, I would say that as long as they are giving sound advice it really doesn't matter if they don't do what they say. Of course, it would be a better example if they do, but that's not always the case. For example, if someone was specifically training for strength in olympic lifts but was also a PT helping newbies at bodybuilding, then yeah obviously it probably would be a good idea for the BB newbs to listen if he gives good advice.

Honestly, here's the bottom line: if you feel like your trainer isn't very motivating because she doesn't practice what she preaches, then find someone else or train on your own. If you're fine with it AND can stay motivated with dieting well then keep her.

alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=braindx]Well, from a guy's perspective, I would say that as long as they are giving sound advice it really doesn't matter if they don't do what they say. Of course, it would be a better example if they do, but that's not always the case.

I agree with Braindx, that, while it is best for a trainer to "practice what they preach", if you are getting the results you are looking for then it doesn't mean you need to look elsewhere. However, I personally found I learned a lot more because my trainer lives the "bb lifestyle" (early to rise, early to bed, eats clean, trains hard)--I picked up on a lot of stuff just by watching her and asking her questions.
    Here's the main thing though: when you invest in a trainer/coach, you need to have 100% confidence in them and their abilities to help you reach YOUR goals. If you don't feel that way about your trainer (and it sounds like you don't) then it's time to move on.

Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would I guess ask yourself if you will continue to work as hard in the weight room on your own as you do when she is there.
    Some people work harder/are more at ease with someone there to call them on not working hard enough, etc. and tend to slack when no one's there. Others thrive and will work harder when they are alone.
    I guess I'd say you need to evaluate yourself...will you continue to push yourself?

Good luck with your decision...glad you found this new obsession! Congrats!

jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also agree witht eh first perspctive as well. I think if she helps you achieve the results you need as an indivdual and you think there is more to learn from her then keep it up. Some people look at a person who eats bad and doesnt train as motivation to keep going, others need a involved person who can answer inmportant questions about the fitness lifestyle. Just remember you are probably paying her so if your not learning new stuff then I would move one!

Good luck With your goals!

Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Thanks everyone, I honestly feel like I need to move on. It's really getting to be a problem. She's constantly late now. So much so that instead of hour sessions their being reduced to 30 minute ones. I know that I can physically push myself. I began at 28% BF now I'm at 20% there is no way I'm going back down now.

jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsquire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Vegaz_Diva
    Thanks everyone, I honestly feel like I need to move on. It's really getting to be a problem. She's constantly late now. So much so that instead of hour sessions their being reduced to 30 minute ones. I know that I can physically push myself. I began at 28% BF now I'm at 20% there is no way I'm going back down now.

Good stuff you should be proud of yourself. If you feel youneed to moev on I suggest you do so! A fitness trainer that cant be on time and is reducing the time she spends with you isnt worth much at all! Buy A Ipod or Mp3 player and hit the gym hard by yourself! Your motivated which is all you really need to get decent results.

Keep up the good work!