Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Best Fitness Magazine For Women ?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but I cannot tell you how much valuable information I have learned and incorporated into my life and training. Thanks so much ladies. Moving on I wanted to know what are the best fitness magazines for women in the area of fitness and muscle building. I can only find magazines geared towards mens fitness, does anyone have any reccomendations ?

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually, I would say none of them. They produce a lot of misinformation and seem to be filled almost entirely with advertising.

You would be better served reading articles on websites such as T-Nation or investing in Tom Venuto's e-book, Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle.

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would recommend Oxygen magazine. It's about the only one I know of that isn't full of "fluff" like Shape, Fitness. I think you get bang for the buck.

Here's their web site:

http://www.oxygenmag.com/
    Julia

imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to like Oxygen. Now they have too much stuff on fashion, and their nutrition information is very misleading. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fashion junkie but thats why I read Vogue.

mandie16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been reading "Hers" (Muscle and Fitness) and "FitnessRx for Women". What are your opinions? I definitely wouldn't waste my money on fitness, self, shape, etc.

"A total commitment is paramount to reaching the ultimate in performance."

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've gotten FitnessRX and that one seems pretty good. I used to subscride to M&F Hers, but it is so skimpy for the $$. I'd rather buy the real M&F and just apply the principles to me and my training.
    Julia

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if i had a dollar for every time i read some crazy misleading information in a fitness mag, i'd be rich. i say, skip the mags, just read them for entertainment if you enjoy it. you'll get better advice from the girls on this forum.

Originally Posted by Rachel_n_SD
    if i had a dollar for every time i read some crazy misleading information in a fitness mag, i'd be rich. i say, skip the mags, just read them for entertainment if you enjoy it. you'll get better advice from the girls on this forum.
    Agreed. Good for pictures but not much else.

FitnessRX sometimes has good little summaries of scientific articles but you'd be better off reading the articles themselves.

girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou
    Agreed. Good for pictures but not much else.

FitnessRX sometimes has good little summaries of scientific articles but you'd be better off reading the articles themselves.
    I generally would read this forum for most information regarding fitness... but if I want visuals to go with the advice, I go look for FitnessRX for Women... and I admit, I sometimes ready Shape magazine for inspriation (although the downfall with Shape and such fluff magazines result with me feeling quite "thick" compared to the thin models they use.)

Live * Love * Laugh soccergrrl21's Avatar
    soccergrrl21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i really like oxygen

justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    oxygen's special editions are FABULOUS! the new ones, fatloss and glutes are amaaaazing

Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read oxygen , fitnessrx for women, and M &F Hers....Ive bought every issue of Oxygen since its inception about 5 ( ?) years ago...but I think FitnessRX articles are more professional/scientific and a lot less fluff. Skip Shape and Fitness magazines, all the models are waifs, nobody is that skinny!!!

I haven't looked at Oxygen yet, but I'll have to take a look now. I think fluff can be found in books as well. You'll find in the rags like shape, fitness, self, etc their articles are usually focused and selling someone's latest and greatest fad. I would just make sure that you're checking reliable sources. This forum is great! Before investing a lot of money in books check them out out your local library then you can usually buy them used on line at a reasonable price. Just some ideas.

Open minded, child of God n8s_ltl_buff1's Avatar
    n8s_ltl_buff1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8s_ltl_buff1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8s_ltl_buff1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8s_ltl_buff1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a subscriber to Oxygen, however am quite disappointed with the turn this mag has taken over the past year and a half. It used to be very helpful and inspirational. Now it seems that every other issue has the EXACT same workout for some particular muscle.. (especially back!) Also, they have been really filling it up with ads and clothes! What gives??!?!
    I used to buy m&f hers ALL THE TIME, however, where I am, (in Italy) it is VERY hard to find.
    I like fitness RX, alright.. but It could stand to add a bit more in the training dept.
    I DO buy fitness most every month, just because they always have new cardio routines to try, and I HATE cardio! It helps me to keep the monotony down.
    Personally though, I get all these mags to pass the time. Every ONCE IN A BLUE MOON they will have a nice tidbit of info stuffed into all the garbage, but I like to come here and see what people IN MY SHOES are trying.

(BTW.. another reason I havnt canceled my subscription to OXYGEN is because they ALWAYS feature the competition photos.. I find my self gazing over that section for HOURS! What I wouldnt give to have people PAY for my obsession! ie: supps, training time... you get the picture!)
    What would you attempt to do
    if you knew you would not fail?
    - Robert Schuller

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.-Joshua 1:9:

Trinigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Lou im reading about this Tom Venuto book now. So far all the reviews look good. Thinking of investing in it for real well let u know how it turns out
    -----------------------------
    Nothing can stop me now

You don't know SQUAT squat_princess's Avatar
    squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I lik eoxygen... The articles are good to read, and it helps me spice up my routine a bit. On slow days- cardio reading.

I used to like FitnexxRX, but the last issue featured Brooke Burk, and she emphasizes that she never lifted a weight in her entire life.. Then it shows her little body in all kinds of lingere.. I think my boyfriend got more out of the mag than i did this time around...

Yeah, I'v learned more in this forum and in the articles on this site, than i have in any magazine.. and it just keeps on coming.
    BodyByXenia.com
    AntiHeroFitness.com

LOL-yeah I have that same one. I did really like the success story on Teresa Lake. Very impressive!

Female Body Sculpter tight booty's Avatar
    tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I read "Oxygen" and "Fitness RX for Women".......

azmina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azmina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azmina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was just thinking last night on the way to work that I wish there was a female bb mag available. I have to also say that the mags are pretty much only good for ads and pics. I still pick up mags when they are showing female bb from a particular event or doing an interview (which is rare). Better off sticking here for sound advice.

Bfitness.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read alot of the mags for women; Oxygen, M&F Hers, Fitness RX, Best Body.

And right when I am finished reading them, I put them back on the shelf and leave the store....hehe.

The net is far superior and more cost effective medium IMO.

Corporate Thug/Bully Sable_Strenua's Avatar
    Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou
    I used to like Oxygen. Now they have too much stuff on fashion, and their nutrition information is very misleading. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fashion junkie but thats why I read Vogue.
    Originally Posted by n8s_ltl_buff1
    I am a subscriber to Oxygen, however am quite disappointed with the turn this mag has taken over the past year and a half. It used to be very helpful and inspirational. Now it seems that every other issue has the EXACT same workout for some particular muscle.. (especially back!) Also, they have been really filling it up with ads and clothes! What gives??!?!
    I totally agree with both of you.
    Oxygen started pissing me off a few months back too, for the same reasons. Thier articles contradict themselves too. I liked it two years ago when i was first starting out but now...

the only magazine that i may occasionally buy is Muscular Development. All the other ones, TRASH!!
    The member formally known as LadyMystique80
    A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority!
    MISC Fire Team 2

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ladymystique80
    Oxygen started pissing me off a few months back too, for the same reasons. Thier articles contradict themselves too. I liked it two years ago when i was first starting out but now...
    the best advice i read in oxygen:
    if your weight is going up, eat less. if it is going down, eat more.

good huh?
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Corporate Thug/Bully Sable_Strenua's Avatar
    Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda

good huh?
    LOL exactly!
    what's worse is when they recycle old articles with old workout photos, digitally retouch the outfit to make it look slightly different and re-word the article! i have two of the oxygen mags to prove this, just not a scanner.
    The member formally known as LadyMystique80
    A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority!
    MISC Fire Team 2

Originally Posted by Miranda

good huh?
    Wow, now THAT is profound!