Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I built this body in 8 month with ONLY Pushups + Situps and NO Supplements (Picture)

Hello,

First post ever.

I have built this body using NO supplements whatsoever, and No gym.

I have built this body in 8 months using only pushups, and situps.

So, I am curious, what do you guys think about my progress considering the methods I have used, and also overall?
    Attached Images

NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NOFX ORTIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If YOU think your doing so well with only pushups and situps, imagine what you'd be like actually working out in a weight room?
    NASM certified personal trainer

Current: 168 lbs, 11%
    Goal: 180 lbs, 8%

John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50) John Matrix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WorldChanger
    Hello,

First post ever.

So, I am curious, what do you guys think about my progress considering the methods I have used, and also overall?
    I think your chest looks decent but what about your biceps, back, delts quads and calves??

you're just gonna end up having poor symmetry.. i'm not knocking what you accomplished but if you want to continue on i suggest you join a gym and look at the whole picture

Sthrngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive heard of a football player who made it to the nfl doing the same thing. chest looks good but i would try to get some free weights or go to a gym. i dont know how you work your quads well enough to grow doing just those 2 exercises.
    -It's better to sweat in peace, than to bleed in war.

TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, its quite apparent. you look like someone who doesnt work out with weights, thats for sure. congrats...i guess.

MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Post your routine here including meal routine.

I think you did a great job!
    Is it wrong to love a being who cannot see? Such belief is the highest faculty a human being can develop.

WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MonarchX
    Post your routine here including meal routine.

I think you did a great job!
    Thanks!
    I'm really not sure if I have done good or not, really trying to get feedback from you guys to see what you all think aboiut my results based on what I have done.

> My routine:
    I always do my workouts in the morning right when I wake up on an empty stomach

4 days a week, 150 Pushups each day (5 sets of 30 each)
    6 days a week, 200 situps each day (5 sets of 40 each

> My Diet:
    1. Oatmeal + Banana
    2. Turkey sandwich
    3. Yogurt
    4. Turkey sandwich
    5. Oatmeal + Apple
    6. 2 Chicken breats and spinach

anthony! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anthony! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anthony! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it is obvious you have only been doing pushups and situps. Great chest, great abs. Not much else though?
    http://www.myspace.com/avfrancis10

Originally Posted by anthony!
    I think it is obvious you have only been doing pushups and situps. Great chest, great abs. Not much else though?
    Thanks for the feedback! What areas of my body are really lacking?

The reason I made this post is that I am finally going to sign up to a gym in 2 weeks, so I want to take my training to another level, and work on the areas that I am really lacking in.

Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking amazing so far! Critique: Work on your arms (biceps and forearms) and most importantly your shoulders!
    Reps For Life:
    Richie209
    Onita
    BenchPressKing1
    injustcuz

TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just a hint of advice. you arent lacking anywhere because you dont really have anything that stands out to make anything else lack. just go in and hit every body part equally and build urself up. you have no weakpoints because you have no strongpoints that overpower anything else. ur pretty balanced considering you havent really done anything yet. just focus on a nice split that hits each muscle group equally every week and a solid diet and ull do fine.

BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoiseLifer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with pushups and situps. In fact I have pushups as PART of my program. You have done great building your chest and abs but now you need to include the rest of your body.

As soon as you get your membership, I am going to advice you like anybody else I advise...do compound exercises. Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Military Press, Pullups & Chinups, Bar Dips, BB Rows...and of course pushups and situps. =) Those exercises will build you all the muscle you will need. Then you can start cutting if you want.

Good luck!!

duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100) duncanlukas is not very well liked. (-100)
    Personally, I think your an idiot for wasting 8 months by just doing pushups and situps...I mean you could have gotten actual muscles in those 8 months...instead of doing some sort of 'experiment'.

anthony! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anthony! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anthony! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the feedback! What areas of my body are really lacking?

The reason I made this post is that I am finally going to sign up to a gym in 2 weeks, so I want to take my training to another level, and work on the areas that I am really lacking in.
    Back, Shoulders, and Arms. I haven't seen the legs, everyone could use work on their legs.
    http://www.myspace.com/avfrancis10

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol you deserve a medal for looking like a skater.....

Hey your thread title implies that you have broken some new ground. On a BB forum you look like you just started. So you are saying you NEVER went to the gym and lifted. If you have the you have to count this as part muscle memory. If guess what I am trying to say is if you lifts some weights you may have a body that resembles a bodybuilder. Good start....now comes the hard part
    Cha Cha Cha

affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) affy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you obviously have potential. join a gym, and you wont regret it...if your fine having a swimmers body..thats all good. but if you wanna be a tank or have some good lean mass on you, your gunna have to start lifting free weights.

eitherway ...its great work

Not in the city my friend bc_2005's Avatar
    bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bc_2005 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sthrngunz
    ive heard of a football player who made it to the nfl doing the same thing. chest looks good but i would try to get some free weights or go to a gym. i dont know how you work your quads well enough to grow doing just those 2 exercises.
    Hershyl Walker
    http://www.photochopz.com

Registered User LatissimusDorsi's Avatar
    LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are u serious? I think that is unbelievable.

Better body than people who have worked out the same amount of time being able to do any exercise they want... and u only did two!

Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by duncanlukas
    Personally, I think your an idiot for wasting 8 months by just doing pushups and situps...I mean you could have gotten actual muscles in those 8 months...instead of doing some sort of 'experiment'.
    Personally, I think that was a fairly idiotic thing to say!

You don't know the guy's situation, what his life or his routine entails, yet you choose to assume he is an idiot for attempting to keep any level of fitness w/o weights and/or a gym membership?

If you do any sort of exercising, when the rest of the US keeps getting fatter and fatter, establish any sort of commitment to be healthy when most Americans treat their bodies like dumpsters, you should be commended not shot down for not taking the traditional route.

I have done much the same thing in the past for lack of financial resources/time the results gave me the push I needed to actually get into the gym and reshape my body. Congratulations on your transformation and it was interesting to see what works w/o the aid of machinery. Moronic comments like this notwithstanding.
    Last edited by Othelo; 04-03-2006 at 03:57 AM.

Fears Chuck Norris JimmyChitwood's Avatar
    JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Othelo
    Personally, I think that was a fairly idiotic thing to say!

You don't know the guy's situation, what his life or his routine entails, yet you choose to assume he is an idiot for attempting to keep any level of fitness w/o weights and/or a gym membership?

If you do any sort of exercising, when the rest of the US keeps getting fatter and fatter, establish any sort of commitment to be healthy when most Americans treat their bodies like dumpsters, you should be commended not shot down for not taking the traditional route.

I have done much the same thing in the past for lack of financial resources/time the results gave me the push I needed to actually get into the gym and reshape my body. Congratulations on your transformation and it was interesting to see what works w/o the aid of machinery. Moronic comments like this notwithstanding.
    Othelo, I was just thinking along the same lines.

Worldchanger, I think it's great that you committed a bunch of time to training your body and making good decisions about your diet. You'll have to excuse some of the people who reply here in these forums. Some lack discernment and tact while others here just take it for granted that they're disciplined, and forget that putting any amount of time and energy into a training and diet routine is an accomplishment in and of itself (especially considering the typical American physique and trash diet). I think you've done a great job so far.

Be encouraged. Arnold himself wrote about the potential of using bodyweight resistance training like what you're using, and listed the pushup as a great exercise that will help in the overall massive look of the upper body (triceps, chest, delts). Different variations in your hand placement and foot placement can target different areas. I know you're looking into a gym membership (which I think is a great idea for you now), but in the meantime you can try adding other bodyweight exercises like pullups, chinups (these will hit your back and biceps), handstand pushups against a wall (difficult but very effective shoulder exercise), sissy squats, single leg calf raises, etc, etc. There's a lot that you can do to train your body without weights, actually.

You've done a great job so far, and if you do join that gym and expand your routine, you should see some great gains. I'm not sure what your level of understanding is as far as bodybuilding principles, but this site is pretty decent as far as info sources go. I'd suggest a little research before you hit the gym so you can avoid common pitfalls, and make the most of your time in the gym. You've already got the drive, and that's the hard part. Best of luck, and keep us posted on your results!
    ~Forgiven~

My Training Log and Record of Adventures:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441433851

tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    awesome chest, lookin pretty decent allaround obviously good genetics. Join a gym get serious and dont waste them.

HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HOVAFAN100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Add some triangle push ups to the rotation, get those tri's beefed up. Go outside and get on a pull up bar for your bicepts and upper back and you pretty much got it covered my man. You can do body weight squats, 45 = really good from what I remember reading.
    Weight: 207 LBS
    Height: 6'2.5 inches
    Mile: 5:42 seconds
    Anticipating so bad:
    #1 Lloyd banks - rotten apple
    #2 The Game - The doctor's advocate
    #3 Immortal technique - the middle passage
    #4 Joey budden - the growth
    #5 nas - hip hop is dead
    #6 50 cent - ( The Game ) Needs me

RIP Sweetie 2006-2010 Macrobolic's Avatar
    Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

For only doing pushups and situps you look great. Getting that gym membership and doing more exercises for all of your body is just going to highten your results. Good job and good luck.
    "To close one's eyes will not ease another's pain" - Chinese Proverb
    "An outdoor dog has an address, not a home" -unknown

Modern
    Fitness
    Forum

Go
    There
    Now

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hello,

First post ever.

that's great... but supplements really don't do that much

kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kittednova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good job mate,for all the ones who gave neg feedback- if its the body he wants thats it,the aim of bodybuilding is to sculpt YOUR physique to how YOU want it.
    weight before lifting:105lbs
    current weight:180lbs
    height:5'6
    months lifting:2 year 5 months

kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hello,

First post ever.

No thanks....ill stick with what im doing....I dont care to look like you.

Captshiznit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captshiznit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captshiznit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captshiznit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captshiznit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captshiznit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I smell utter bull****.

Originally Posted by Captshiznit
    I smell utter bull****.
    What do you mean?

All the comments, positive or negative, are appreciated.

Here is one more picture.
    Attached Images

nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by duncanlukas
    exactly, also, there isn't a before pic. how do we kno what u look like before the 8 months?