Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubbb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WorldChanger
    What do you mean?

simple. he thinks ur lying.

WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nubbb
    simple. he thinks ur lying.
    So should I take that as a compliment then? Since I really did achieve these results with just pushup and situps.

WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WorldChanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, someone asked for a before picture...

8 months ago, I was in horrendous shape. This is the only before picture I have, but this is 3 months into my workout and diet program, so by this time I had made some major changes...so this is really not a good indication of the shape I was in, but it is the only thing I have for a before picture.
    Attached Images

And for the person who said I "obviously have good genetics", unfortunatly that is not the case.

I actually consider myself to have very bad genetics...but I believe even bad genetics can be overcome with training and nutrition.

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    exactly what I thought. your chest looks very similar to the "updated" one. You didn't make the body out of nothing like you made it seem. I was expecting a completely flat chest and tubby belly/really skinny.

LOL my point proven again. I am glad you are proud of yourself but er time to get in the gym.
    Cha Cha Cha

The_Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LMAO! Your 28 for god's sakes! You didn't just build your body, you've been doing it for 28 years... Seriously you had never done push ups before 8 months ago?
    Current Stats:

225 Bench
    300 squat
    320 deadlift
    Goal: Trying to get my squat and deadlift up to 450 and my bench up to 300 putting me in the 1000 club by my 17th B-D 1/28/06.

Originally Posted by The_Dude
    LMAO! Your 28 for god's sakes! You didn't just build your body, you've been doing it for 28 years... Seriously you had never done push ups before 8 months ago?
    So if a person is 40, does that mean they have been working out for 40 years?

I had not worked out for 3 years before 8 months ago...I was the definition of out of shape.

MDL1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MDL1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MDL1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MDL1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MDL1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MDL1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MDL1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MDL1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    damn good, you prob woulda been huge if you did weight training but, hey i bet your as strong as a mofo with all that strength training of pushups. Can ya do the one handed like bruce lee yet? lol
    A good friend would bail you out of jail, Your best friend would be sitting next to you saying:"THAT WAS ****ING AWSOME"

Originally Posted by spirit3530
    exactly what I thought. your chest looks very similar to the "updated" one. You didn't make the body out of nothing like you made it seem. I was expecting a completely flat chest and tubby belly/really skinny.

LOL my point proven again. I am glad you are proud of yourself but er time to get in the gym.
    I had a flat chest and a bit of fat on the belly (not a huge gut or anything, but I was out of shape) before I started working out...

The before picture I posted was 3 months into my workout/new diet...

I am sure you know that when a person who has not worked out for a while begins a workout program, they usually make their biggest gains early on in the very first few months, since the body is in a sence "shocked" by the strenuous excercises that it is being put through and is not used to, therefore, the picture of me 3 months into my workout was taken after I had made some substantial gains...

I did not look like that when I started...I was truly out of shape. A couch potatoe.
    Last edited by WorldChanger; 04-03-2006 at 02:24 PM.

Originally Posted by MDL1988
    damn good, you prob woulda been huge if you did weight training but, hey i bet your as strong as a mofo with all that strength training of pushups. Can ya do the one handed like bruce lee yet? lol
    Hehe, I can do a few one hand pushups. I don't regret not having started on weights though.

I wonder if having started with just basic strength training might be beneficial to me once I start my weight training?

What I mean is that I feel I have now reached my limit with pushups/situps, and hit a plateu, and once I start using weights, my body will not be used to the new movements and extra weights and maybe I can get better than normal results?

Anyways, that's my weird logic...it would be cool if this is the case.

big_nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good job if you're going to start hitting the gym. You should have incorporated dips/pullups and you could have been pretty well overall built.

bboy88721 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboy88721 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboy88721 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboy88721 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboy88721 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboy88721 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboy88721 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboy88721 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboy88721 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lifts some weights, your chest looks descent but kinda saggy...hard training in a gym will give u the results you want and i dont mean to say this but all that time doing push ups and situps was wasted, when you could have been in a gym building your whole body up.

Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dussin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It seems to me that you're skeletal muscle was already predominant, and you just got rid of some body fat. If you're happy with the way you look, then don't waste your money going to the gym. I think the reason people are being hard on you is becuase your thread title. I built THIS BODY in 8 months ..... It came off to me as very arrogant and that is the reason I initially read your thread. Are you looking for a pat on the back or something?
    "There's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around, they don't know they're dead to me 'cuase intent never makes a sound."
    Anberlin

Thanks for the feedback. No, I was not looking for a pat on the back, I hope my initial post did not come off that way. I am simply trying to get feedback on the results I have gotten using the methods I used.

Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dura fit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice physique, keep it up. You have definately gained on your chest and abs from your before and after shots, but I can tell from your before shots that you are naturally muscular, if you haven't trained before.

However, I recommend do some back exercises as well for 'balance'. It's important to work the pulling muscles 'ie back and biceps' just as much as the pushing muscles 'ie chest, shoulders, triceps'.

I used to work as a fitness instructor, and have seen people injure themselves, or end up having bad posture due to this muscle imbalance.

Hope this helps, you have great potential.

quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No offense bro, but I see no difference between your before and after photos.

Of course any type of resistance training over long periods will yield results.

However, with heavy weight training, you could have gotten far greater results.

What I mean is that I feel I have now reached my limit with pushups/situps, and hit a plateu, and once I start using weights, my body will not be used to the new movements and extra weights and maybe I can get better than normal results?
    No.............. Should've just started weight training from the beginning. Would've been more effective to switch things up with weights as opposed to switching things up between bodyweight and free weights.

evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    besides from the typical 3 day split, I've added pushups everday... they are helping a ton, made me go up in my bench wich was stuck for weeks.
    Bulking (5'9)
    Day 1 @ 147 lbs
    ~ Month 8 @ 195 lbs
    -------------------
    Cutting (5'9)
    Day 1 @ 196 lbs
    First month @ 189 lbs

flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000)
    hey you look awesome! but how did you get those biceps doing only pushups, which work the triceps and shoulders i think??

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    oh yeah? well we built this city, we built this city, we built this city on rock and roll.

bb_clocker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As a servicemember it is possible to build an athletic physique with only push ups and situps. I have seen some people get fairly muscular during basic training. with that said, i agree with the other commentor about not knowing his situation. In some parts of the US joining a gym can be difficult and at times can be expensive. But then again perhaps it all depends on priorities.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you did a great job if that's your goals. Just remember if everybody had some commitment to doing at least SOME excercises (i.e. pushups and situps) and eating healthier this country wouldn't be so overweight.

Now the truth is you look good for just doing situps and pushups and if your goal is to look decent and not be fat continue on but if you want to make some gains I would defininetly pick up a membership and lift some weights. You'll look much better if you lift hard and eat right.

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I first started, I did only push-ups and sit ups and had 2 10 pound weights for bis and overhead workouts. I did make some good gains, but I was muscular to begin with. I think that is the case with you since you already had a good body structure and chest, even though it is sagging a bit.

Push Ups and sit ups can only take you so far unless you find some way of varying them in some way or adding resistance. I think that if you weigh alot, like 180-220 pounds and do a lot of push ups, sit ups, and pull ups, it can give you a bigger look than normal, just not a cut or defined one besides the abs.

I am resurrecting Thug Workout. Check out their videos for some variations of their workouts whether they built their bodies that way or not.

http://youtube.com/results?search=th...=search_videos
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

Future Middleweight Champ drunkengunner's Avatar
    drunkengunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man i think that's awesome!!! for those of us that don't always have access to a gym cause we're stuck in some sort of hole in the ground, this is perfect. i did the same thing in the desert, bout the same time frame, and i could just do it on the hood of my hmmwv or wherever i wanted. have gym, will travel!!! keep it up!!!

Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamari1001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    And here I am 10 years later

PlanetJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also started with only pushups and situps in middle school and had similar progress. It will only get you so far though.
    Nice job so far
    IG: PlanetJohn

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not bad, you look better than a couch potato...how about legs? I doubt push ups and sit ups are doing anything there.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol why did we bump a 10 fricken year old thread? In any case you look ok OP and certainly better then average and I think you have the potential to look really good if you got on a solid gym routine with diet
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.