JimmyD88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ectomorph looking to lose stomach fat

I'm a thin guy, 6'1" around 172 lbs. I've read a lot about my body type, and I'm kind of interested to know how it is that I can lose the small amount of stomach fat I have, without losing muscle mass. I've been working out for 4-5 months, and I'm in great shape. I did a self test that said I had 7.4% BF. From some of the articles I've read on this site, it says that ectomorphs shouldnt do cardio because its just burning more calories that could be used for building muscle. I've been a runner all my life, but recently stopped running because I read this. I have fairly well defined upper abs, and I'm basically looking to lose the fat on my lower abdominals in the hopes that they will come through. I know that you can't just lose fat in certain areas of your body, it's lost from all around. But I want to know how I can lose some body fat without losing any muscle mass. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: haha, my bad. Meant to write 6'1"
    Last edited by JimmyD88; 02-24-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000)
    so your 5"1 172lbs with 7.4% bf and your an ecto? who the **** you lying to

edit: nvm you did a typo, just bulk, your not THAT skinny, and how did you do your bf test

JimmyD88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    measured waist, hips, forearm, wrist... I do realize I'm probably more like 10-12. I am bulking up, just want to know how to get my lower abs to come in.

Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JimmyD88 View Post
    measured waist, hips, forearm, wrist... I do realize I'm probably more like 10-12. I am bulking up, just want to know how to get my lower abs to come in.
    measure those don't get you accurate readings, either do caliper measurement or those fancy eletronic stuff, like the bod pods