train hard and smart Outdoor Girl's Avatar
    Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Tricks to not feel so hungry...

I'm dieting to get down to my goal weight and the most frustrating part is how hungry I can get. Feeling deprived and hungry makes it hard to stay on track and make progress, any advice on little tips/tricks to not feel hungry? Hopefully I only have a month or two more of this before I can stop with the dieting and just maintain.

Already consume 3 liters of water each day, eat 5-6 well-balanced meals. Workout in the mornings to keep the metabolism going all day long.

Thanks for any advice!
    My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169367373&p=1399499263

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What does your diet look like?? I find that lots of fibrous veggies (big salads!!) keep me feeling nice and full!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

karladevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karladevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karladevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    What does your diet look like?? I find that lots of fibrous veggies (big salads!!) keep me feeling nice and full!
    for REAL!! make a nice big salad with your meal, it will definitely make you feel very feel. load it up with the veggies that don't matter (much) in the way of calories: broccoli, cucumbers, bell pepper, etc. i find that if i eat a big salad (with lemon juice or balsamic vinegar) with or before my meal it makes me so full that it's a little difficult to choke all that chicken or tilapia down. haha.
    this is one of my favorite things to do right now, soak some sliced cucumbers overnight in some balsamic vinegar and munch on them all day. so yummy, and next to no calories at all.
    good luck!

kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lately i have been adding glucomannan and it helps with my appetite. i first learned about it in the book "new rules of lifting for women". all it is is a fibe supplement that thickens your food. it is recommended to take 2 grams 3 times per day so 6 grams per day total. i add it to my protein shakes, oatmeal, and cottage cheese to make it thicker and help fill me up. I would recommend giving it a try. It didn't make me bloat or give me stomach pains but i have heard others say they had to introduce it slowly to their diet to avoid that. i'm used to eatin fiber so mabe thats why i didn't have a problem. i get my at vitacost.com I buy NSI brand. Its in capsule form so all i do is break open the capsules and add it to my foods. hope this helps

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    salads are great definitely - also you could carry some baby carrots ready to eat with you and when you need something you could munchie down on a baby carrot
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lots and lots of green/herb tea always fills me up...even homemade ice tea fills me up and satisfies a sweet tooth with a little stevia in it.

When I was contest preping I ate a bucket load of celery....yes, stalks and stalks of it. Peppers and cucumbers were also high on the list of food.

Unfortunately though, when dieting hunger is always intense...I am hungry all the time even when not "dieting" so it's a big issue for me.

Really fibre is key. Psyllium husk mixed into things help, especially at night (my hardest time for hunger).

Also make sure you are taking in enough fats, especially if your carbs are low. At least 20-30% with moderate carbs, more if carbs are under 100grams.

Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Add vinegar to your food. I get tired of the blandness of diet food.

Vinegar satisfies the taste buds.
    I might be out of the woods...

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Experiment with different macro combinations and take note (actually write them down) of which macro combos or food combos keep you full the longest.

You can also go on www.nutritiondata.com and design meals and it will tell you the satiety quotient of the meal (expected satiety). That can be quite helpful too.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    drink tea, lots of water, diet soda
    Working on a better me.

SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SunnyD902 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If it's a meal where you ate little to no carbs make sure you add some "good" fats to the meal. This will help make you feel less hungry. Similar to what teracotta said about adjusting your marcos.
    "The best activities for your health are pumpin and humpin." ~Arnold Schwarzenegger

amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been eating 3 meals a snack and 2 protein shakes a day.
    In 2 weeks I have not had sweet cravings once. I have not felt like eating at all more than what I already do.
    Protein shakes are great. Mine has Chromium (not sure exact name) but it seems to satisfy me.

Pre-1960s Work Outs FTW! Blashy's Avatar
    Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Outdoor Girl View Post
    I'm dieting to get down to my goal weight and the most frustrating part is how hungry I can get. Feeling deprived and hungry makes it hard to stay on track and make progress, any advice on little tips/tricks to not feel hungry? Hopefully I only have a month or two more of this before I can stop with the dieting and just maintain.

Already consume 3 liters of water each day, eat 5-6 well-balanced meals. Workout in the mornings to keep the metabolism going all day long.

Thanks for any advice!
    Two veggies that pretty much have zero calories are cucumbers and celery. I eat a whole cucumber everyday when I am on my reduced calorie meal plan.
    You can live a healthy life without Carbs.

You'll die if you eliminate proteins or fats.

MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you cut back on carbs, the hunger cravings will disapate. Stuff like potatos, chips, anything with sugar, and even non-sugar sweetners, all increase cravings. After a week or 2 they should mellow out alot. I eat lots of protein, use a protein isolate supplement, and get most of my fats from coconut oil, olive oil, or palm kernel oil. Also take at least 3.5 grams of CLA daily Hope this helps a lil.
    Ashleigh
    MountainSong

Our greatest freedom is to discipline ourselves.

Life is lived looking forward, but understood only by looking backward.

"Absorb what is useful; reject what is useless."Bruce Lee

Bring on the DOMS!! Mrs_Muscles's Avatar
    Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow, there's a lot of really great advice in here! I give a huge 2nd to having a nice big salad. Carrots are great since they take longer to chew.

Things that also help me are
    -Making sure I am getting PLENTY of water. Thirst is easily mistaken for hunger
    -Just keepig myself busy. Dead time is to easily filled with noshing on something or rationalizing to myself why I can eat when I shouldn't! LOL

wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Celery (even though it's the stereotypical "diet food") definitely keeps me from being as hungry. I used to hate it, but I've come to like it as much as possible. It's amazing how much better something tastes when you're hungry anyway ;-). Also, black coffee (or with a little milk) can help with lethargy. I should add though, that I barely ever feel "hungry" anymore. It may either be because I have gotten used to it, or because w/ eating several small meals a day it doesn't leave much time without food. Maybe make your meals a little more frequent?

coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000)
    General recommendations that increase satiety
    lean protein foods
    soluble fiber
    large quantities of non-cal dense food (ex. salads, cauliflower mechanical stretching increases satiation amd satiety in most)
    acid based salad dressing (decreases gastric emptying)
    caffeine

thanks
    Coach Hale
    www.maxcondition.com

Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    chromium

cda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you tried bee pollen? I, sometimes, have a table spoon in between my meals and it does calm my hunger. You can find it in any health food store for about 6.00 dollars.

Tea works for me also.

LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've found that adding a bit more healthy fat to my diet, and being sure to have a little fat at every meal (except PWO, as to not slow down the absorbtion of the protein) really makes a difference.

AKA, instead of just egg whites, throw a yolk in there. Or put a tablespoon of flaxmeal on your oats. Or you can even "batter" your fish with flaxmeal... Or if all else fails, a CLA capsule or two will help.

This slows down that insulin spike that you get after a pro/carb or just pro meal and keeps the food going through your stomach longer!

Also, for some reason, very spicy or very salty foods keep me quite full. For example, the wonderful "gluten free/nitrate free" andoulle turkey sausage is one of the most filling little delicacies i've ever had, and it's only 3.5 g of fat for 2 oz. (not bad for sausage, eh?) salted cod (SOAK IT IN WATER OVERNIGHT!) is another favorite.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109800291

Yammin' it up with the Falcon--- my new journal as I seek to get back in shape and tackle some ultra runs and some forestry.

The world is older and bigger than we are. This is a hard truth for some folks to swallow- Edward Abbey.

fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definately add some good fats! I have to do this all the time to stop hunger pangs.

Walnuts are great for this. Just if you are dieting limit how many you eat.

Add Flax to your oats and try a scoop of peanut butter. (I think I just ate about 5 scoops!, but then again, im not dieting)