jeffL123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hyper-extended traps/lats area?

Hey guys, new to the forums.

I was doing overhead last week and on my last rep I locked out at the top, but for some reason my arms pushed behind me 1-2 inches and I felt a very tight tension in my back, specifically my left lat. This was 70% of my 1 rep max. I actually doubt it was my lat, but perhaps near the bottom of my traps or potentially infra-spinatus? I'm not sure if it's necessarily important which muscle was pulled considering my question, which is when would I know I could weight lift again? In any case, the picture I uploaded is where I think the pain is.

After a week of taking advil, and icing every couple of hours I don't feel any pain in the area. It's not tight anymore, and only when I get a good oblique stretch do I feel the muscle. It's not even pain at this point, I just feel it; it's just a little tender. To re-iterate: I don't feel it at all from normal day to day activities, but I can feel its a little tender when I give it a good stretch.

My main question is basically should I wait until I can't feel the strained area at all or am I being overly cautious and I'm most likely safe to work out? I was going to work out tonight and see if my body could handle it, but would like some other opinions. I'm not asking you to diagnose me; I know you guys aren't my doctor. But generically speaking, if someone where to mildly hyper-extend one of their back muscles could you see them weight lifting after 1 week? And if not, what would be the signs that cause red flags?

Thanks!
    Attached Images