ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ja2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Powertec Power Rack Pull Up Bar?

Comparing the pull up bar on the Powertec rack to the NYBB 8515 I see that the Powertec rack has angled bars compared to a straight bar. I have also read on the board that the angled bars are better for your wrists, however I have read many complaints on the Powertec bars. Whats so bad about the Powertec bars? Can you still do hammer chins ect?

I'm trying to decide between the Powertec rack and the 8515 and both seem to have pros and cons agaisnt one another. Powertec is well built and has a great lat machine, however it is back ordered, and the pull up bar may be suspect. The 8515 is also well built, has plate holders, is slightly larger, and seems to have the better pull bar. However, I have read NYBB is a PIA to work with, their lat machise is lower quality and not as good, and with shipping their setup with dip bars is about $60 more than Powertec.

Any comments would be appreciated.

RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ja2k View Post
    Comparing the pull up bar on the Powertec rack to the NYBB 8515 I see that the Powertec rack has angled bars compared to a straight bar. I have also read on the board that the angled bars are better for your wrists, however I have read many complaints on the Powertec bars. Whats so bad about the Powertec bars? Can you still do hammer chins ect?

I'm trying to decide between the Powertec rack and the 8515 and both seem to have pros and cons agaisnt one another. Powertec is well built and has a great lat machine, however it is back ordered, and the pull up bar may be suspect. The 8515 is also well built, has plate holders, is slightly larger, and seems to have the better pull bar. However, I have read NYBB is a PIA to work with, their lat machise is lower quality and not as good, and with shipping their setup with dip bars is about $60 more than Powertec.

I personally love the pull up bars. Straight bars tend to hurt my wrists. I have had my powertec rack for 7 months and have used it 5 times a week for those 7 months. No complaints! I think it is a quality rack and I think you will find most people who own it will agree.

C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have the clearance available and want to use a straight bar, just put a barbell on top of the rack with something underneath the contact points so it doesn't scratch the rack, like pieces from an old mouse pad or those thin pieces of rubber you can use to get a better grip on a jar with a tight lid.

Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Compare the gauge of the steel and the hole spacings of these 2 racks also.I believe NYBB throws in the dip bars and doesn't charge extra shipping.

Blue

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bluerain View Post
    Compare the gauge of the steel and the hole spacings of these 2 racks also.I believe NYBB throws in the dip bars and doesn't charge extra shipping.

Blue
    Dip bars are NOT included with the nybb 8515 rack.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

I have used both racks and I settled with the 815 rack. The pullup bars on the power tec rack were the breaking point to me. They angle down to sharply and the spacing on them is no where near wide enough. In my opinion they sucked really, really bad.

But it all comes down to your needs. If you are not strong enough or prefer not to do many hammer chins/chins/pullups then the powertec would be the better deal. It's lat machine is better made than the nybb rack and it's smoother to use.

But if you are like me and do a more advance routine including lots and lots of pullups, chins, and hammer chins and use the lat machine as just an accesory(icing on the cake) the nybb 8515 rack is what you need. It's pullup handles have a proper spacing and are not angled which is actually makes them easier to use in my opinion. It's also has a second optional straight pullup bar available with moveable handles attached to it.

I also attached a set of standard bars on top of my 8515 rack for a 3rd hammer chin option. I love my rack and couldn't ask for more.

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have the powertec and love it. I think the powertec vs NYBB were pretty much equal all the way around.

The main things that sold me on powertec was the larger diameter, V shaped dip bars. I need the larger diameter due to a past hand injury. Also I like the V better. ALso powertec was slightly cheaper. Also I liked the grey better than white.

Hold your arm up perpendicular to the floor and have your wrist in a natural straight position and look at your grip. It is slightly angled down and out. Also if the powertec bars are too close together an option would to be to drill new mounting holes spaced further apart.

Originally Posted by metalman302 View Post
    I have the powertec and love it. I think the powertec vs NYBB were pretty much equal all the way around.

The main things that sold me on powertec was the larger diameter, V shaped dip bars. I need the larger diameter due to a past hand injury. Also I like the V better. ALso powertec was slightly cheaper. Also I liked the grey better than white.

Hold your arm up perpendicular to the floor and have your wrist in a natural straight position and look at your grip. It is slightly angled down and out. Also if the powertec bars are too close together an option would to be to drill new mounting holes spaced further apart.
    Oh I forgot to mention that. The powertech rack's angled dip bars are cool as hell. I'm still trying to get my hands on a pair so I can just stick them on my nybb rack. Other than that their designs are VERY similar. If you painted the 8515 rack grey you would problably mistake it for a powertech rack at first glance. It seems than nybb is copying alot of powertech's designs on various equipment nowadays. A smart move. If you can't beat 'em. Join em.

swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i agree with DD, i like the fact that my powertec rack came with the pullup bar but, it doesnt seem wide enough. i do use it for chins/hammer chins though. the dip bars are awesome though & i use them on the sides of the rack & on the front for different hand grips.

Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    It seems than nybb is copying alot of powertech's designs on various equipment nowadays. A smart move. If you can't beat 'em. Join em.
    LOL NYBB has been around over 60 years compare to powertech. They started off as a little tiny place like most business.

The new design is being picked up by most equipment designers..not because it's better because it sells just like the new fancy gun metal paint job. Same shiat happened with cars with the silver metallic look.If it sells they make it or paint it regardless if it's crap.

Be sure to compare all the specs then make your decision . If u want a pretty paint job get the powertech .

Blue
    Last edited by Bluerain; 02-24-2008 at 02:57 PM.

Dip bars are NOT included with the nybb 8515 rack.
    It comes with the dual purpose handles ( Plus 2 free j hooks and 2 free plate holders ) which can/are used for dips when placed on the side. I also have the dip bar and use both for different grips /wide/narrow.

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/1020.html

Blue
    Last edited by Bluerain; 02-24-2008 at 10:52 AM.

elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50) elmerfud will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like the pull up bars on my powertec. They are the right width for me.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113714551

What works for me:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113540031

Omron BF scale:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113691321

Originally Posted by Bluerain View Post
    It comes with the dual purpose handles ( Plus 2 free j hooks and 2 free plate holders ) which can/are used for dips when placed on the side. I also have the dip bar and use both for different grips /wide/narrow.

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/1020.html

Blue
    Then something must be up because NO dip bars came with my 8515 rack. Only the base model 92563 rack.

Then something must be up because NO dip bars came with my 8515 rack. Only the base model 92563 rack.
    Call them DD and bring it to their attention. When I ordered the 8515 all these things came with the rack..Pins..J hooks ..plate holder and the handle dip bars.

I ordered before they changed the depth to 33" .

Maybe thye threw them in as i ordered allot of stuff or maybe i paid for them and don't remember it was so long ago.

If i find my receipt i will look but i have no idea where it is

Did u get the j hooks and plate holders ?

Blue