bigmuscles4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

squat deadlift bench but no arms

my gym trainer wants me to do an ed coan routine: monday squats, tuesday bench, thursday deadlifts, friday assistance

the arm routines i guess come from friday. thers a few shoulder exercises, two tricep, and one bicep exercise

i think most of my weight is in the mid section of my body and i have skinny arms. should i replace the friday assistance routine for more arm exercises or would that be over training and i should leave it as it is

farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well imo your arms will get heaps of work in the compound lifts so you don't really need an arm routine. Squats, deads, presses and pulls will develop your whole body.
    Last edited by farmerlee; 03-30-2006 at 07:50 PM.
    "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Isaiah 6:3

Unregistered User NoNameNecessary's Avatar
    NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There is no need to change it. No direct arm work is necessary due to all of, as the poster above me said, the push/pull movements. However, if you feel you need arm work, you can add in pull-ups and dips, which will help to develop your arms, as well as other muscles, including your chest and back. But there is no need to go overboard with it.

BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm assuming your trainer wants you to do the Ed Coan routine as shown in this last months issue of FLEX. By your description he took it straight from the latest issue of FLEX.

Just go buy the latest FLEX with Branch Warren on the front, because its pretty obvious he just stole it from there.

The routine looks like a really solid routine for both increasing strength on the three powerlifts as well as adding overall size. During the assistance day it recommends you do closed-grip bench presses (3 sets), pushdowns, dips, alternating curls.....that is plenty of arm work....

What I am trying ask really is if there is room to do more arm workouts without overtraining? Could i just add biceps one more day or would it be too much?

monday- legs biceps <- added (how many sets?)
    tuesday -chest
    off
    thursday -back
    friday -shoulders arms (3 sets for biceps)
    off
    off

humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you just going to over train your biceps, in reality there an extreamly small muscle (not just yours) in general and triceps make up 2/3 of the arm any way.

OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50) OLP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by humpty_dumpty
    you just going to over train your biceps, in reality there an extreamly small muscle (not just yours) in general and triceps make up 2/3 of the arm any way.
    That just means you can train them more often.

Biceps takes less time to recover....usually like 24-48 hours.

flipkronikz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipkronikz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipkronikz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipkronikz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipkronikz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipkronikz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipkronikz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigmuscles4me
    my gym trainer wants me to do an ed coan routine: monday squats, tuesday bench, thursday deadlifts, friday assistance

the arm routines i guess come from friday. thers a few shoulder exercises, two tricep, and one bicep exercise

i think most of my weight is in the mid section of my body and i have skinny arms. should i replace the friday assistance routine for more arm exercises or would that be over training and i should leave it as it is
    Just eat 5000cals a day. Your aiming at a bulking process so you need every calorie you can get and then when you get that down you should be training every muscle group every 4-5 days. Keep cardio to a minimum, maybe 5 mins after each workout
    Who gives a **** how much you can lift? It's how much you look like you can lift - Bob Cicherillo

dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    UYou won't o/t your bis by adding an extra day monday. If you feel the need to add another day, with two or three sets, go ahead. What are you doing in respect to chinups/pulldowns/rows?
    my journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1201781

theres 3 sets of 10 wide grip pull ups on back days

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by flipkronikz
    Just eat 5000cals a day.
    BAD ADVICE. You don't even know how much he weighs and you are telling him to eat that much. The rest of your post lose credibility with this statement.

Basic training routine. Listen to your trainer. Don't worry about your arms just make sure you do your routine. Spot reduction...WTF. Don' worry You will grow. Now for nutrition advice read the nutrition section post your height, weight, activity levels and your routine. You can get a better answer than this above nonsense.
    Cha Cha Cha

I think i'll add a few extra sets on mondays then. My traps have a little catching up to do also, would it be ok to do them mondays and thursdays?
    By the way, someone told me traps are in the same group as shoulders, but in the program its done the day before with back. Is there any problem with that?