Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

My first competition and the results

Yesterday, as some here may know from Peon's posts, was the WNPF All-raw World Cup. This was my first meet, and here's how it went for myself:
    Leading up to the meet I didn't even think about my bodyweight, as I really just wanted to lift for my own PR's and do well regardless of my weightclass. That said, I weighed in at 165.5 lbs. stripped down, and ended up in the 181 Lifetime Open.

Bench Press: opened with 270 (made), then 290 (made), then missed at 300 (couldn't lock out).

Deadlift: opened with 365 (made), then 405 (made), then missed at 425 (almost up to knee height)

So I went 4 for 6 and missed my third attempts in my two lifts. My dad/coach/handler told me that I was very close to 300 bench; as they say, had I had one more biscuit for breakfast I might have made it. Looking back, I should have went 365, 390, 410 for deadlift and I might have finished with 410. The second attempt with 405, although I made it, really took it's toll on my back; when 425 came around (only several minutes after screaming up 405), I was really spent.
    So all said and done, I managed a 1.75xbw bench and 2.5xbw deadlift for my first meet, and although I didn't get the 300/425 numbers I hoped for, I can't be disappointed. Lastly, I was a bit surprised at how much the meet took it's toll on my body. My CNS is shot, and when I woke up this morning I felt like I had partook in a night of heavy drinking.
    It was a great learning experience and a lot of fun.
    -Mike
    "Slow and steady wins the race."
    Best competition lift: Bench Press, 300 lbs.@ 174 (RAW)

PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, all my friends at school were pissed at me because I didn't do any drinking for the 3 months leading up the meet, and I told them I'd drink that night, but I'd forgotten how bad the meet is on the CNS. Thankfully no lifting for me until Thursday gives me plenty of time to get better.

Good job at the meet.
    Team Super Awesome!
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

PL:565/385/716

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless.

Take a look at what I did, now imagine what I'm about to do

NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Episteme View Post
    Yesterday, as some here may know from Peon's posts, was the WNPF All-raw World Cup. This was my first meet, and here's how it went for myself:
    Leading up to the meet I didn't even think about my bodyweight, as I really just wanted to lift for my own PR's and do well regardless of my weightclass. That said, I weighed in at 165.5 lbs. stripped down, and ended up in the 181 Lifetime Open.

Bench Press: opened with 270 (made), then 290 (made), then missed at 300 (couldn't lock out).

Deadlift: opened with 365 (made), then 405 (made), then missed at 425 (almost up to knee height)

So I went 4 for 6 and missed my third attempts in my two lifts. My dad/coach/handler told me that I was very close to 300 bench; as they say, had I had one more biscuit for breakfast I might have made it. Looking back, I should have went 365, 390, 410 for deadlift and I might have finished with 410. The second attempt with 405, although I made it, really took it's toll on my back; when 425 came around (only several minutes after screaming up 405), I was really spent.
    So all said and done, I managed a 1.75xbw bench and 2.5xbw deadlift for my first meet, and although I didn't get the 300/425 numbers I hoped for, I can't be disappointed. Lastly, I was a bit surprised at how much the meet took it's toll on my body. My CNS is shot, and when I woke up this morning I felt like I had partook in a night of heavy drinking.
    It was a great learning experience and a lot of fun.
    -Mike
    Congratulations!

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Episteme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanks. The next few days will definitely be devoted to recovering (plus I have an exam Weds).

Best,
    Mike
    "Slow and steady wins the race."
    Best competition lift: Bench Press, 300 lbs.@ 174 (RAW)