Truthserum1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool My Daily Diet! Advice Needed!

I'm 28 and female.
    Currently 5'4" at 168lbs. BF--?? (Med. build. about a size 12 right now)
    Have a good amount of muscle mass, as I was training 2 years ago for competition. I fell off the band wagon for the past year. So I'm guessing that a good amount of my scale weight is muscle. I no longer eat meat. So this is my daily diet. Today is 3/29/06. I'm hoping to scale down to 140lbs by the end of June.
    My diet goes something like this:

8am: Oatmeal w/1 scoop Isopure protein powder (low carb), cinnamon w/ 2 "HotRox" pills and 1 Omega 3-6-9 pill.
    10am: Coffee & Pria bar
    11am: Handful of pistachios
    12pm: Cup of green tea
    1:30pm: Salad (Mesculn greens, carrots, cucumber, tofu, olive oil.
    3pm: Pria bar
    4:30: Green tea
    (This long gap is a problem, I'm in NYC so my commute home on the train is pretty long)
    7:30pm: Same salad for lunch w/ 1 Omega 3-6-9 pill.

In conjuction with my diet I'm back to my old gym routine. (Helped me shed 30lbs in 3 months back in 2002 and build 15 lbs of muscle in the process, only difference is I was also taking Ephedra - Hydroxycut specifically)
    I work out at 5am - 45 mins of cardio & 30 minutes of weight lifting (1 bodypart per day)
    3 x's a week - 45 minutes of extra cardio after work.

PLEASE... any feedback is appreciated. I totally think I should be eating more, as I'm constantly hungry. But my options are so limited now that I no longer eat meat. I feel so unattractive, in comparison to what I accomplished with my body a few years ago. I absolutely REFUSE to feel uncomfortable in my own skin for one more day, much less for the summer!

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    without adding up, i can already tell you are eating way too little, and doing way too much cardio. probably the number 1 beginner mistake is thinking you have to do all that cardio. 30-45 minutes every other day is more than enough. also, 1 bodypart per day, typically, is for someone who has already built a really good physique and needs symmetry, for overall fat loss you would be way better off on a 3 day split, or a fullbody program(my preference)

are you on some sort of low-carb diet? not the best idea if you are working out, might wanna look into carb cycling instead, see halleluyah's thread, carb cycling 101 for some help on that. IMO-you dont need it yet, carb manipulation should be used for the last few pounds when you are below 20% bodyfat,
    i think since you are wanting to lose 30lbs, you should begin by eating 5 meals a day, each one containing protein, fat, and good carbs. you could supplement with EFA's and a multivitamin, also try sesathin or sesamin.

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi! You should definitely be eating more and more good clean food. I can offer suggestions for you.

8am: Oatmeal w/1 scoop Isopure protein powder (low carb), cinnamon w/ 2 "HotRox" pills and 1 Omega 3-6-9 pill
    This is not bad but you should be having a pre-workout meal as well as a post workout one. I would try to have something before you workout. Something like 1 cup of milk with 1/2 scoop of protein powder and a little fruit (banana works well as it is easily digested). Then after your workout you want to have something immediately. Don't have any added fats to this meal so don't the fat suppliment here. Add some fruit and/or fat free dairy to this meal. Banana, pineapple, honey are great post workout. Also skim milk and yogurt are great too.

10am: Coffee & Pria bar
    You first proper meal after postworkout is really important, it helps stabilise blood sugar and give you energy for the rest of the day. This meal is not a meal. I would be limiting bars or any other processed food. I understand that you are not eating meat but will you eat eggs/egg whites? This would be perfect here. You also need some good quality complex carbs here too. Things like oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato would work well. This when you should add in some good fat too, so you could have a few raw almonds or walnuts, a little olive oil, or natural peanut butter, or just suppliment with some fat tabs here. However, I would aim for about 3 tablets if you are not having any added fat to this meal. Remember fibrous veggies, they are so important for health and help fill you up. Things like broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, lettuce, spinach etc. For every meal (besides pre-postworkout you need to have a good balance of carbs/protein/fat)

11am: Handful of pistachios
    Again, this is not a complete meal as it doesn't have a good source and balance of carbs/protein/fat. This is just a fat source, I would add this to the previous meal. However there are better fat sources than pistachios. Almonds and walnuts are great!

12pm: Cup of green tea
    This is not a meal, you can have a couple of cups of green tea throughout the day though. It is really good for you.

1:30pm: Salad (Mesculn greens, carrots, cucumber, tofu, olive oil
    This is alot better although you are missing complex carbs. Since you don't eat meat a great thing that you could add to this mix is beans. Things like kidney beans, butter beans, chickpeas, lentils etc...they are a great source of low gi carbs and do also have protein and vitamins/minerals/fibre in them for good health. You could also do a combo and have 1/2 serving of beans, with a 1/2 serving of brown rice and add it into the mix. Other great options would be cooked pearled barley, quinoa, millet etc.

3pm: Pria bar
    If you are adding in things to the previous meal you should have this meal with your green tea at 4.30pm. Again, you want to limit processed food. Processed food are things are not made my nature. You are much better off having something similar to lunch. Or if you have dairy, lf cottage cheese with veggies, a carb source, and a little good fat would work. 1 whole egg with 3-4 egg whites would also work (you could make an omlette or scramble and have with brown rice or beans, or barley etc). Remember you need a good balance of carbs/protein/fat.

7:30pm: Same salad for lunch w/ 1 Omega 3-6-9 pill
    This is good but try to make sure you vary your meals as having the same things leads to boredom and deficiencies. Why not have some cubed tofu in a stir fry with a pile of veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, celery, bok choy or other chinese veggies, onion, garlic, zucchini etc. You could then have some brown rice with it.

Depending on your hunger, you could also have a small snack before bed. lf/ff cottage cheese or yoghurt would be great here. You could even add in a few berries to the mix and a little raw nuts. This will help your blood sugar levels while you sleep. If you don't do dairy at least have soy milk.

Also, you can be taking up to 6 of your omega tabs and have them in the day when your fat intake is low. Also, seeing that you are not currently having dairy, if you don't want it, you MUST go out and get a good calcium suppliment as that is so important. If you are not going to do dairy...how about soy milk and yogurt??? I would be at least incorporating that. I would suggest you start having eggs and dairy into your diet as it will be so much easier to increase your protein as currenty you are low in protein. Remember eating carbs do not make you fat, having too many calories does! Also fat helps you lose fat, so don't be afraid of that either. Fill up on water, green tea, and fibrous veggies. Eat fruit! These are the main things that I have picked up on....I would try to change your diet and I am sure you will have much more energy, be less hungry, and see results!!!! Good luck!