SKOAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKOAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKOAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKOAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HOW MUCH DO ELBOW WRAPS HELP - On Bench

Just a quick question. How much to you guys think elbow wraps help on bench press. I was talking with a buddy at the gym today and it came up. I said i think like say 10lbs more, but what do I know. I use wrist wraps and tried elbow wraps but pretty much lifted the same maybe slightly faster.
    11/01/2007

Start/Present
    Weight: 235 / 201
    Bench: 185 / 265

BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BPGorilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SKOAL View Post
    Just a quick question. How much to you guys think elbow wraps help on bench press. I was talking with a buddy at the gym today and it came up. I said i think like say 10lbs more, but what do I know. I use wrist wraps and tried elbow wraps but pretty much lifted the same maybe slightly faster.
    Elbow wraps can add 50 lbs or more.
    I competed in a competition using wraps in 1999 and again in 2000.
    They make a huge difference. The tighter the wrap the more you are going to lift.

Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have tendonitis in my elbows, and i feel it doing bench, so i have to do real light tricep extensions and stretching to get them warmed up before doing chest...so would it help my elbows out?
    Leader of the Heartless MISC

Lakers 4 Life!

Rep Back 700+

NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SKOAL View Post
    Elbow wraps can help a lot, but are illegal in true sanctioned powerlifting federations.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.myspace.com/bigwillie12345
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sorry to go off topic, but id like to ask: how much do elbow sleeves help?

SKOAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKOAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKOAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKOAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BPGorilla View Post
    Elbow wraps can add 50 lbs or more.
    I competed in a competition using wraps in 1999 and again in 2000.
    They make a huge difference. The tighter the wrap the more you are going to lift.
    You really think 50lbs. The guy at the gym I talked to yesterday let me use his APT elbow wraps this AM. I am currently doing a straight set 5x5 bench with 230 and have done this 3 days prior failing on the lest 5th rep of the 5th set. I think the wraps helped alittle as I got all the reps/sets but the weight pretty much felt the same as in "heavyness" if you get what i am saying. The weight did feel more controled which gave me a slight confidence boost. I guess what i am saying is that the diffrence to me at least doesnt seem that great but then again I didnt lynch my arms to tight
    11/01/2007

Start/Present
    Weight: 235 / 201
    Bench: 185 / 265