Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation Of all the stupid ****: I injured myself carrying groceries

Doing maximal effort lifts on a regular basis, and I manage to injure myself carrying in my groceries. I was carrying a lot of bags (maybe 60 pounds worth?) and I stepped up onto one of my stairs a little too far from the heel, so my foot flexed downward (dorsally) too far, and I suffered a sharp pain. I seem to have now developed an irritating strain in my achilles tendon which does not bother me during lifts or normal walking, but only when walking up hills or stairs (weighted dorsiflexion.)

Anyone ever do this or know what this ailment is called?
    Maybe time to start working my freaking calves??

Luckily I can still squat and deadlift fine, but I can't really run, and it's pretty annoying.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    HAHAHAAHAAH!!1111!!21!!! PWn3dNOOB!!!!!!

j/k that sucks.
    I don't know either lol

MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol
    I dunno, if I'm gonna get an injury I want it to be grandiose, like the time I smashed my collarbone playing rugby, at least that gives you a war story.

How can you embellish a brave tale of straining your foot coming home from Super Giant?
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I`ve never been injured badly in the gym after training for decades......however,I might bend down to tie my shoe and hurt my back or knee.

I have gotten hurt outside the gym doing normal tasks far more than I have ever gotten hurt training.

I guess the next time I bring in my groceries,I`ll chalk my hands,wrap my knees,and put my belt on !!! LOL
    2012-Rising Like The Phoenix !!

keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    HAHAHAAHAAH!!1111!!21!!! PWn3dNOOB!!!!!!(
    bwahahahahah!!!

PS get better bud

Jericho-holic Spartan lionheart21's Avatar
    lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MantisShrimp
    Doing maximal effort lifts on a regular basis, and I manage to injure myself carrying in my groceries. I was carrying a lot of bags (maybe 60 pounds worth?) and I stepped up onto one of my stairs a little too far from the heel, so my foot flexed downward (dorsally) too far, and I suffered a sharp pain. I seem to have now developed an irritating strain in my achilles tendon which does not bother me during lifts or normal walking, but only when walking up hills or stairs (weighted dorsiflexion.)

Luckily I can still squat and deadlift fine, but I can't really run, and it's pretty annoying.
    Ah man, I feel your pain. I had the exact same thing happen to me when I was 11, except I was on a playground, not carrying groceries. I couldn't walk without pain for a month.
    "Courage isn't an absense of fear but a means of dealing with it."-Nelson Mandela

"I don't call myself a living legend cause its a catchy phrase or cause it looks good on a T shirt, no, I say it cause its the truth, and I deserve it."- "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho

RIP Eddie Guerrero, a true champion

RIP George Carlin, my idol

Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oak the Toke has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I manage to injure myself carrying in my groceries. I was carrying a lot of bags (maybe 60 pounds worth?)
    Are you sure it wasn't just a bag full of marshmellows?......

J/Jk..................hope you feel better and, for God's sake man, use a spotter next time when climbing those stairs.
    My E-Crew or List of Cool People
    ---who gives a ****, it's the internet

"been dreamin about those Johnny Cakes"

Experientia docet stultos

Evading Hi Speed Pursuit fast37's Avatar
    fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'ts a dangerous world out there. I once took myself out for an entire week because I sneezed at the same time I reached up to grab my oats out of the cupboard and threw my whole neck and shoulder out on the right side. Maybe try doing some stretching with it and give it time to rehab.
    Bruce Lee vs. the Entire Kiss Army vs. Ron Burgundy's News Team

Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by fast37
    I once took myself out for an entire week because I sneezed at the same time I reached up to grab my oats out of the cupboard and threw my whole neck and shoulder out on the right side
    HAH ive done the same thing, except I was taking a shower and reached up to grad a shampoo bottle and sneezed at the same time, my back hurt for the next two weeks

Meat n' potatoes are good ZaktheIllusion's Avatar
    ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^Damn maybe i'm just not big enough yet, but you all seem very fragile. As a former skater(and other extreme sports) i don't see you yall get damaged so easily...i'm not huge granted but jeez if being big means sneezing and throwing everything off then i want out! lol

hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    HAHAHAAHAAH!!1111!!21!!! PWn3dNOOB!!!!!!

j/k that sucks.
    rofl

A month ago I strained my back trying to carry three watermelons at once, because i'm smart like that.

It wasn't that they were incredibly heavy but when two of them fell off I tried to catch the last one from hitting the ground, and just snapped my back downwards in an awkward motion.

It wasn't good times.

bodybuilder? has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bodybuilder? has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hahahahha man thats sad but just go to the doctor and see wat he says
    age 21
    BF 15
    Bench 185
    Deadlift 250
    Squat 195

bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000)

It's probably justa slight strain which should get better in a few days. I've done stuff like this before such as rolling my ankle at school coming down the stairs to fast with my backpack on. Hurt so bad I had to limp for 3-4 days. I'd wait before going to doctor unless it's a really bad pain.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    +food

that always fixed everythign ^_^
    <->

Originally Posted by ZaktheIllusion
    ^^Damn maybe i'm just not big enough yet, but you all seem very fragile. As a former skater(and other extreme sports) i don't see you yall get damaged so easily...i'm not huge granted but jeez if being big means sneezing and throwing everything off then i want out! lol
    Contributing factors:

-I don't work calves
    -Bodyweight
    -Was carrying a LOT of groceries
    -Was tired after a long day

So it was kind of an unusual circumstance which causes the injury...fwiw I have never injured a foot or ankle before.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How can you embellish a brave tale of straining your foot coming home from Super Giant?
    Attacked by ninjas?

Seriously, if you can squat and deadlift it can't be that bad. A couple of weeks and it should heal up on it's own. But I hate stuff like that. More annoying than anything else.

FireFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tell me about it :\ F#ucking stairs... two days ago I banged my knee while climbing those evil things. It's still hurts when I walk, I feel so stupid...

Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup
    '

ha ha... funny ass picture...

someone got candid pictures...

FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Avila
    '

ha ha... funny ass picture...

someone got candid pictures...
    Funny, yes, but more than a little disturbing as well. That's a link I won't be clicking on again.

maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxiw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did the same thing recently and it was hassle walking down stairs naturally since you normally point your toes down to each step. It took a little over a week to recover reasonably well.
    $AJ on bf%: pattern memorization...proprioception...+food

DieselWeasel: Get a clue and lift some weights.

Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That so sucks! It's most frustrating when you do it doing something stupid to boot. Hope ya heal up soon.

Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Speaking of stupid ****, I twisted my lower back putting gas into my car a few months ago. I was hurtin bad for a few days. I agree that bodyweight can play a role in causing injuries. Just a product of being huge!
    "Shut up and lift!"
    "Eat big to get big."
    "Deadlift and grow."
    'Train, Eat, Sleep."
    "Knowledge is power."
    "What does not kill you, will make you stronger."

Ergo sum fortissimus.

unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol
    I dunno, if I'm gonna get an injury I want it to be grandiose, like the time I smashed my collarbone playing rugby, at least that gives you a war story.

you where battleing the super giant, and you made it out alive with just a minor ankle injury. you are one tough sob
    WHO DAT