Jjaden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ok what the hell..

Okee this is the crappiest thing I've had happen in ages. In order to bulk for the winter I've decided to massively increase my caloric intake from around 3000 calories to around 4500-5000 daily.

Well everything has been going fine, my strength gains are incredible and I have a super fast metabolism so my waistline hasn't really changed at all.

Sounds good right? Seem the more I eat the longer it takes me to fall asleep.

In the last 2 weeks when I really went crazy with my food intake I've had terrible insomnia and have a couple times not been able to sleep at all.

So now my lifting and Nutrition is kickin but my recovery is crap. My mind just doesn't seem to be able to slow down. I stay awake all night just tossing and turning untill I'm hungry again so I go get more food.

I basically stay awake untill I pass out from exhaustion usually around 8am-noon the next morning *

I always go to bed on a full stomach so it's not like it's hunger keeping me awake, anyways before I go get some sleeping pills from the doctor tomorrow I thought I'd post here see if anyone else had similar problems or a possible soultion.

P.S. I'm not on any thermogenics or taking any caffeine products.

climb21cj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what are your last few meals normally? watch out for sugars. they could be keeping you awake.

jasonlemon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe if you try to cut your carbs a couple hours before bed. maybe even going for a walk or something to burn off alittle of that extra energy before bed.

tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    warm milk? sometiems it helps me if im really having trouble sleeping (no freaking jokes)
    "you were cheaper to feed when you ate crappy" - mom

weight-165 age-18 dead-295x5| 320
    squat - 285x10 | 300 2 accidents so far(lol) (TY squat rack)
    bench- 160x5 :( |175

Courage is the knowledge of what ought to be endured. ~ Philo

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Lightbulb

It sounds to me that you are eating a) too close to bed-time b) too much food before bed
    If you go to bed on a FULL stomach it's no wonder you can't sleep ! Your body needs to process the food and digest your insulin might be elevated, but as we go to sleep your metabolism slows, making heavy foods lay on your stomach like a brick. That will cause you to wake up or not being able to fall asleep.

have a lighter meal, balanced of protein and a complex carb ( for example : fish and veggies or brown rice ). Wait at least 1 1/2 hour before you go to bed or take a short walk to help your metabolism. If you wake up hungry at night, get up and have a small serving cottage cheese ( casein fills you up and digests slower, also it conatins a bit glutamine which will help preserve muscle ).
    Build Strength, Build Health, Build Life !

musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

Try not to eat too much before you sleep or if you do, eat one hour before going to bed so that your body has time to digest some of the food. You might try just having a weight gain shake before you sleep. Also, try some ZMA, it's great with helping you fall asleep and staying asleep.