gatogato has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Been sick for a while, how early can I start lifting?

Hey guys, I got sick over spring break and have had to stop lifting for a week and a half. Normally, I would still lift when I'm sick, but this feels like mild strep throat. I have a soar throat 24/7 and I have been eating healthy and resting.

Anyway, I'm thinking that I could be sick for another 2 weeks. I don't want to wait that long to get back in my routine. Will lifting while sick be that bad of an idea?

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gatogato
    Hey guys, I got sick over spring break and have had to stop lifting for a week and a half. Normally, I would still lift when I'm sick, but this feels like mild strep throat. I have a soar throat 24/7 and I have been eating healthy and resting.

Anyway, I'm thinking that I could be sick for another 2 weeks. I don't want to wait that long to get back in my routine. Will lifting while sick be that bad of an idea?
    Just go through the motions with extremely light weight untill you get better.
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

Registered User KillswitchNgage's Avatar
    KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had some crazy flu bug that rocked my ass all Saturday night, I'm still not 100% and I don't plan on going into the gym until Thursday maybe. Since your strep is going to keep you out for several weeks, just keep the weight light like it was said above, don't do anything too taxing to your immune system.
    If this is what the world has made me, then let it live with the consequences - Undying

One chance is one too much, honor isn't cheap and trust comes tough - The Promise

[CURRENT STATS]

[Age] - 20
    [Weight] - 192
    [Height] - 5'8"
    [Bench] - 374.5 (comp)
    [Deadlift] - 500 (gym)
    [Squat] - 415 x 3 (gym)

Mod @ www.gorillabarbell.net/forums
    Refuel Test Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=16274031#post16274031

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey guys, I got sick over spring break and have had to stop lifting for a week and a half. Normally, I would still lift when I'm sick, but this feels like mild strep throat. I have a soar throat 24/7
    I had strep throat+fever+ feeling like ****.

I still trained.. I'm glad i did, I actualy felt better after lifting when i was sick.. If you're sick you can still train, Unless you have the flue, Or somthing really bad.

Check this out: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=600264

XXLRDL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XXLRDL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XXLRDL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XXLRDL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XXLRDL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XXLRDL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XXLRDL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XXLRDL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Oldtime
    I had strep throat+fever+ feeling like ****.

I still trained.. I'm glad i did, I actualy felt better after lifting when i was sick.. If you're sick you can still train, Unless you have the flue, Or somthing really bad.

Check this out: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=600264
    Same here! A bacterial infection like strep will get better by going in and sweating it out. Virual infections are the opposite.
    I've never met a steak I didn't like.

Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you feel like lifting go for it. Just cut your volume down and dont go all out.

DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I have that exact same thing right now. are yopu coughing stuff up alot?
    A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world. -- John le Carre

Carpe diem.

I see no greatness in my self... I'm a simple-minded, child-like, insipid sort of moronic and kind of akward feeling adolescent.
    -Neal Cassady