Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)

Most Muscular's Journey to the Masters Nationals

They say every journey begins with a few steps.... while my steps seem to be dragging already and the journey's just begun!

When I last competed it was in 2003 and I was 47 years old. I took 1st place in the Lightweight class of the Over 40 Men at the NPC Masters Nationals held in Pittsburgh, PA. Like many who have competed when it's all over you say "never again", but I suppose in the back of my mind I considered what I would think once I turned 50 and would be able to compete near the bottom of an age class instead of near the top.

The 2003 journey was a very harsh one as halfway through my 22 week contest diet I had a serious relapse of a pinched nerve in my neck which required me to hobble through the last 11 weeks in pain and decreased strength which also made me lose a lot of muscle mass in the process. I also learned some new things about my body and how it reacted to carbs and fats and I wanted to use this knowledge to push my physique to places it had not yet seen, yet I have always had envisioned.

My goals for the last few years have essentially been to be injury free. It's also my biggest goal for the next 17 weeks. I finally hit the wall about a year ago and found my gains weren't really coming like they used to (strength wise), and in fact they were starting to slowly dip. I knew this day would come sometime but it can be a hard blow to one's ego when it does finally happen. Oh God... have I become a mere mortal now?

Time to suck it up and realize it's all part of this getting old process. It can't go on forever and I felt I finally reached my natural potential, but instead of feeling sorry for myself (okay, I did feel sorry for myself a bit), I decided to refocus my training to "feeling" the muscle more during training instead of attempting to push the heavier weights all of the time. I still feel however, that using heavy weights is the basis for building a sturdy structure and will lift as heavy as I can, although I will not be surpassing my past accomplishments. It just came to the point where I had to accept what I could or couldn't do.

Anyway... during the last couple of years I've had it in the back of my mind to return to the stage in 2006. The thought was even more exciting when about 5-6 local guys also stated they were going to make the trip to Pittsburg to compete also. It's always nice to have others around for support. Unfortunately the list of fellows making the trip is dwindling for one reason or another.

I had hoped that in these three years I could have packed on some more muscle, but my neck injury caused a serious blow to the muscle structure of my left side tricep and pec. I did have surgery in the fall of 2003 to repair the pinched nerve but there is little hope of my tricep regaining it's previous potential.

I was however able to put on an additional 10-12 pounds of weight from my previous high. The bad news is that I am now realizing it wasn't all such good weight! Such is the cause for the heavy ladden steps....
    Last edited by Most Muscular; 03-26-2006 at 07:09 PM.
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was hoping to move up a weight class this time (to middleweight) as the guys at the small end of the line typically don't get much of a look no matter how good they look. This is even more important when you realize that not only the Over 40 Overall winner gets his IFBB Pro Card but the Over 50 Overall winner does too! And I have the opportunity to compete in both classes, thus doubling my chances if I can get a good look from the judges and bring the right package to the stage.

In the past I have competed on the National stage as a (under 143 lbs)bantamweight (NPC USA 1st BW 1998, NPC Nationals 2nd BW 1999) and as a (143 - 154 lbs) lightweight (NPC Masters Nationals 2003). Competing as a bantamweight was a real struggle in trying to make weight and it was a blessing in 2003 to not have to worry about making weight by competing as a lightweight (I weighed in at 152 lbs). I was hoping to get my weight up to 200 lbs this winter but I just couldn't eat anymore. I was trying to stuff myself with protein and food but I just could not gag it down anymore. Some people think gaining weight is easy. Try it once.

I did get up to 192 lbs. which is pretty heavy considering I'm only 5'-2" tall.

I started dieting last weekend figuring I usually would end up getting close to contest shape four weeks early so I cut 4 weeks out of my contest prep time to try and add a little more time to gain some weight. That was a big mistake. I now realize that I am carrying a lot more of my weight "in the middle" than I ever have before and I'm going to have to work my butt off to get into contest shape by mid July.

So last weekend I started logging my food and jumping on the eliptical machine every morning before work. In past contest prep I started dropping my calories and when I reached a plateau I then added cardio to jump start my metabolism. This time I'm starting right off with 6-7 days of cardio and a modest drop in calories. I'll also start cycling my carbs. Today I've had 30 grams.... another reason for dragging feet.
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores

I have started to realize that my actual muscle gains from 2003 to present probably haven't been that much although I'm starting about 10-12 lbs heavier than I started then.... I think I may be somewhat fatter now. My hopes of competing as a middleweight don't look so good now. If the Masters Nationals had a welterweight class (154-165) I think I'd fit well into that but as far as I've heard they won't be inserting this class into this show. That means I'll have to try and suck it up the last week to drop down. This will be even more complicated if I decide to do the local State show the weekend before the Nationals! I've never done back to back shows so I don't look forward to depleting/loading/and depleting again.... Can it be done? We'll see....

I really hesitate to post some pics but perhaps you'll understand my frustration (and hopefully my future satisfaction) of making the necessary transition by July.

Here is a picture of what I looked like at the start of my diet in 2003 weighing about 178 lbs and 152 pounds on the day of the show.
    Attached Images

This is what I looked like yesterday at about 188 lbs.

Do you think I'll get down to where I need to be?
    Attached Images

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    MM- if I can drop 50#'s of fat in 18 weeks, I think you can make your weight as well. Took alot more low days for me than I would of liked, but that's what I get for eating whatever I felt like for months on end.

I'm definitely subscribing to this thread....we could all learn a lot following your progress!

CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well from trying to piece together the diff posts it looks like in 2003 you dieted from that pic to contest in 22 weeks and you now have approx 16 weeks to diet down from where you are at now?

CROWLER

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck to you, MM! I think you can do it!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10) NashvilleBound is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    After hearing from a few people lately that I am at the end of 'your building time at 42" or " dont you wish you would have started 15 years ago?" I can read into all that...... your story at 50 is very inspiring. You look great...keep it up.

never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You certainly have your dieting/cutting down to a fine science.

The question is: if you were in the exact same position and same timeframe that you are now back in 2003, would you still have made it? I think you would have -- and I expect that you will once again (even with a few extra lbs. and a few less days).

Absoultely astonishing physique -- both off and on-season.

Best of luck. You know we're all pulling for you.
    --N2L

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If anyone can do it, it's you, Randy. I'll be definitely interested to watch your progress on this and see the things you're doing to make it happen for yourself. Good luck!

jag
    My Music: http://jaguarr.spymac.com

Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

Thank you for all of your encouraging words. I'll try and keep anyone who is interested in following my progress with updates as the prep continues.

For anyone who has attempted to gain muscle mass or to lose (not loose) fat you have all realized that your diet is one of, if not thee most important factor in your success or lack thereof. While I always harp on people about this fact I should at times remind myself that I should remember that myself (do as I say, not as I do).

My attempt at gaining muscle mass consisted of eating as much protein as possible in the last few months which soon became a dreaded chore to the point that recently I have started to gag on trying to down another chicken breast. Panic sets in when I realize I have many months of such eating to encounter. I have tried grilling it, baking it, chopping it up into little pieces and hiding it in my food, but it's still difficult for me to swallow at this point. Any suggestions others have to offer I'd be willing to try.

I work for an engineering firm and typically sat at my desk during the day with my small fridge at my feet and the opportunity to eat when I wanted to. In the last year I have been out in the field more observing some construction projects which has taken me away from my comfortable surroundings. Being on the road makes dieting somewhat more challenging in the fact that you must take your food with you and at times have to eat it cold. Long meetings can also find me trapped without the opportunity to eat.

I have tried switching up my protein sources to include fish but fish isn't very good when eaten cold. This weekend a guy at the gym brought in two venison roasts and a few venison steaks for me which I put in the crock pot for 8 hours yesterday. mmmmm.... now that's a lean red meat which I could live on. It looks like I'll have to keep my eye out for some road kill.

I have also tried adding more meals throughout the day in an attempt to speed up my metabolism. I've always found that this is one of the best ways to get lean while still being able to keep your calorie intake somewhat higher than normal for dieting purposes. My normal 5-6 meals per day will now be bumped up to 8+ meals per day. This week I'll also start adding more veggie meals to the diet to speed things up a bit. I also try and get most of my calorie intake from real food instead of from protein shakes although with my new work schedule this may not always happen this year.

My cardio at this point is 20-25 minutes of cardio on my eliptical machine (Octane Fitness Model Q-35) going as fast I can on a low level setting. I attempt to beat my previous days calories burned every day. So fat it's all been good. I do my cardio at 5:30 a.m. on an empty stomach and find that this process keeps me burning calories well into the morning. The low resistance level will help preserve my leg muscle mass but will allow me to go much faster and get my heart working hard.

nuff said...

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hear you on eating so much that you gag, man. I sometimes hit that point as well, not a fun feeling. Keep us updated. I find contest prep threads by guys who know their **** to be fascinating and informative.

jag

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Randy - have you tried ff ground turkey? I live off of this stuff along with Red Hot. I mix it with brown rice, sometimes a very small bit and other times a cup or two, depending on whether its a low, medium or high carb day. I eat it cold and it tastes great.

I also eat alot of eye round steak on low days as it is nealrl as lean as chix breast. I've read figures as low as 4g of fat/3 oz., which is only 1g more than white chix breast is listed at. I buy the roasts, trim everything off of it, and then slice up my own steaks.

I hate chix with a passion!!

Originally Posted by Mr. Someday
    Randy - have you tried ff ground turkey? I live off of this stuff along with Red Hot. I mix it with brown rice, sometimes a very small bit and other times a cup or two, depending on whether its a low, medium or high carb day. I eat it cold and it tastes great.

I also eat alot of eye round steak on low days as it is nealrl as lean as chix breast. I've read figures as low as 4g of fat/3 oz., which is only 1g more than white chix breast is listed at. I buy the roasts, trim everything off of it, and then slice up my own steaks.

I hate chix with a passion!!
    I used to eat ground turkey quite a bit years ago but haven't tried it lately... perhaps with it being something "new" it'll be like a big treat for me! Thanks for the idea!

I also like red meat and typically consume lean portions throughout my prep diet until some who avoid red meats.

Last week I made up a big bowl of brown rice, scrambled eggs, and chicken chopped up (nearly to dust so I wouldn't taste it) and added a little ketchup to the mix while eating it. It tasted okay but kind of bland.

One of my favorite recipes from the past is scrambled eggs with chopped up green peppers, onions, and lean deli roast beef... mmmmmm

nuff said... (I gotta eat again)

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Another option is ground buffalo meat. It is extemely lean and very high in protein. I eat this every night...just put meat in a big fry pan sprayed with Pam, and then I add zucchini, onions mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes and fry until the meat is cooked and veggies are tender crisp, then I add about 3 cups of spinach, and stir it up until the spinach is wilted. Then I usually add about 1\4 cup of salsa or s few dashes of Franks. Yummy! This is one meal that I really look forward to every day.

Originally Posted by ms_mac
    Another option is ground buffalo meat. It is extemely lean and very high in protein. I eat this every night...just put meat in a big fry pan sprayed with Pam, and then I add zucchini, onions mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes and fry until the meat is cooked and veggies are tender crisp, then I add about 3 cups of spinach, and stir it up until the spinach is wilted. Then I usually add about 1\4 cup of salsa or s few dashes of Franks. Yummy! This is one meal that I really look forward to every day.
    I'll have to check our local supermarkets to see if any of them handle buffalo meat. It also sounds like a good alternative to chicken.

Originally Posted by Most Muscular
    I'll have to check our local supermarkets to see if any of them handle buffalo meat. It also sounds like a good alternative to chicken.

Buffalo meat is pretty good with Red Hot too! Not as lean as ff ground turkey, but a nice treat to have in the evening when carbs are reduced to veggies only.

justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good luck to you MM! I'm sure you'll get to the place you want to be.

On the ground turkey - IMHO that the product you buy today is much better tasting than what you used to get in the stores. Not sure why, but the ground turkey I bought 15 years ago was, well, disgusting. Now, I don't know what I'd do without it! Maybe it just maturing taste-buds.

Being from Minnesota, can you lay your hands on some Elk meat? That might be a good "treat" as well.

Just out of curiosity, what BF percentage (ball park #) are you in the before and after pics?
    When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
    When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
    When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
    I will hunt mice, for I am a hunter,
    And I must have my freedom.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Originally Posted by justtryn
    Just out of curiosity, what BF percentage (ball park #) are you in the before and after pics?
    I haven't had my BF done since I started bodybuilding some 13 years ago. What do you figure it was?

btw... I took that "bulked" pic at the beginning of my diet in 2003. I've known Lonnie Teper (a writer for Ironman magazine and MC of many Pro and amateur shows) for some years and when I mentioned my ambitions for 2003 he suggested I send him a pic of myself. Well, at the time I felt "huge" so I sent him the pic and it ended up appearing in his column in the spring of 2003. By that time I had leaned out and looking at that picture of myself looking like a big cow I wondered to myself "what the hell was I thinking when I sent that pic in?"
    Last edited by Most Muscular; 03-27-2006 at 12:21 PM.

One other problem I have again encountered this time around is my intolerence to thermogenics. Before ephedrine was banned I stocked up on some Thermo Gen II which I had used in the past. These are very powerful thermogenics and its always taken me a bit of time for my system to get used to them working internally. This time around it seems to be taking that much longer, perhaps because I haven't used them on a regular basis for some time.

I've started with a low dosage spaced out as far as possible but still experience flu like symptoms... fever, chills, and general yucking feeling. While they work I wonder if there are other things out there that many of you have had success with and without these types of side effects. I've read some posts of success with Lipo-6 but have not tried this product yet. Any suggestions?

One other problem I have again encountered this time around is my intolerence to thermogenics. Before ephedrine was banned I stocked up on some Thermo Gen II which I had used in the past. These are very powerful thermogenics and its always taken me a bit of time for my system to get used to them working internally. This time around it seems to be taking that much longer, perhaps because I haven't used them on a regular basis for some time.

I've started with a low dosage spaced out as far as possible but still experience flu like symptoms... fever, chills, and general yucking feeling. While they work I wonder if there are other things out there that many of you have had success with and without these types of side effects. I've read some posts of success with Lipo-6 but have not tried this product yet. Any suggestions?

Interesting that you bring this up, as I was doing some reading yesterday about some of the thermogenics and various stacks that people have been using, as I've batted about the idea of doing a short cutting cycle. I read some very good things about Sesamin/Sesathin + CLA, and many folks said that stacked well with Lipo-6 or an EC stack or both. I was more interested in things that were stimulant free (which Sesathin/Sesamin and CLA are) since I have to take my adrenal stress into account. At any rate, there's a couple of things for you to read up on. Lot's of good articles here on BB.com and on other parts of the web about Sesamin or Sesathin (essentially the same thing, but slightly different variations from different companies) and CLA. Good luck!

jag

I'm assuming you're already using green tea, but have you tried Yohimbine? I never got the shakes from it and it is great at targeting stubborn estrogen based fat deposits (like in the hips and glutes). You need to get pure yohimbine though and not yohimbe. Yohimbe only contains about 2% yohimbine in it, rendering the stuff virtually useless. Take 20mg spaced out evenly over 4 servings each day since it has a short half-life.

I'm assuming you're already using green tea, but have you tried Yohimbine? I never got the shakes from it and it is great at targeting stubborn estrogen based fat deposits (like in the hips and glutes). You need to get pure yohimbine though and not yohimbe. Yohimbe only contains about 2% yohimbine in it, rendering the stuff virtually useless. Take 20mg spaced out evenly over 4 servings each day since it has a short half-life.
    I've also heard that Yohimbine can er..... help us elderly gentlemen become, how should I say.... get up for the moment(s)....

As Wood Allen said "The difference between sex and death is that with death you can do it alone and no one is going to make fun of you."

I'm assuming you're already using green tea
    No I have not tried Green Tea, although my wife drinks it once in awhile... I do however drink at least 1-2 gallons of sugar free lemon ice tea every day... I have a hard time trying to drink a lot of water (again, do as I say, not as I do) and tea goes down very easily. I know I'm not getting the results of the Green Tea but the caffiene in it also helps speed up my metabolism.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I really hesitate to post some pics but perhaps you'll understand my frustration (and hopefully my future satisfaction) of making the necessary transition by July.

Here is a picture of what I looked like at the start of my diet in 2003 weighing about 178 lbs and 152 pounds on the day of the show.
    Wow! Given what you did then, I have no doubt about your abilities to do it now.

That is also true about yohimbine, but I'm not sure how effective it is in that regard! I happen to be married to someone I like to refer to as "human viagra", so I've never really needed any extra boost! lol

Good way to get down a gallon of water a day is to steep a teapot of green tea overnight (about 4-5 tea bags), then pour it into an empty gallon container and add water. Tasty and good for the metabolism. I also take green tea tabs as well. They are a no-brainer IMO as they raise your metabolism about 4%, have no ill side effects and provide you with other important health benefits.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good way to get down a gallon of water a day is to steep a teapot of green tea overnight (about 4-5 tea bags), then pour it into an empty gallon container and add water.
    This is exactly what I do I can't drink plain water for some reason. Also, there are so many flavored green teas you are bound to find one you like. My current favorite is a raspberry green tea to which I add some lemon juice. Yummy

never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10) never2late is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Funny you should mention Pittsburgh in your posts . . . I'm sitting in a hotel room in Pittsburgh as I write this (deadlifts at home in the morning, then a five-hour drive out in the afternoon).

In any case, I'm looking forward to heading home tomorrow (five hour drive back, then cardio in the evening). It's a great thread to read sitting here before hitting the sack.

I know I'll get some REAL odd looks for saying this, but -- don't totally write pork out of the picture either. I truly believe that out of all of the so-called "standard" meats in the supermarket, pork has made the most vast improvements. Especially with leanness. It's not the same pork from even 10 years ago -- and definately not the same as the fatty pork from 20 years ago.

Just a thought (I must be hungry).
    --N2L

a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a1maverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Randy, glad to see this thread. Losing strength and fighting injuries has been difficult for me to accept also this past year . I am sure you will show well. Good luck!