AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rest Day vs Training Day Macros?

Hey Guys!

I'm ready to start cutting after a long year of bulking and here are my training day macros

Calories - 2050
    Protein - 200
    Carbs - 200
    Fat - 50

Just kind of following the basic cutting principals as i'm already quite a high body fat percentage but what i'm stuck with is my macros for rest days.
    I want to decrease my carbs on non training days as i don't need the extra energy/fuel but i'm wondering if i should increase protein or fats or just keep that extra calorie deficit?

Also how should i include cardio? do i really need it if i keep a calorie deficit from my diet?
    Do you recommend taking a BCAA while on this cut?

Thanks for your help guys
    PUT THE PAIN ASIDE AND FINISH THE ****ING SET!!!!!!!

BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000)
    You do not need to adjust macros for your day-to-day activity level. Digestion is not an instant process. You may very well be utilizing energy from food you ate days ago while training. Find a proper amount of calories and aim for that every day.

A caloric deficit is all you need. Cardio is great for a multitude of reasons though, so do some when possible.

PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat the same everyday, just stick to -500 from your TDEE and the same macros. When it starts getting hard to loose weight, I hear dropping some carbs can help a lot. In that case I'd up your protein.

I'd run after/before my workouts on normal days. It should make it easier to track burnt calories.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift."

S- 245x5
    B- 170x5
    D- 330x5

Log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160895651

AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnabolicNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for your input guys,

So the 200g of Carbs i'm eating on rest days wont effect my weight loss negatively?
    I thought that its unnecessary and i could maybe replace 50g Carbs with 50g Protein, would that work any better?

Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AnabolicNation View Post
    thanks for your input guys,

So the 200g of Carbs i'm eating on rest days wont effect my weight loss negatively?
    I thought that its unnecessary and i could maybe replace 50g Carbs with 50g Protein, would that work any better?
    I would keep the protein as is and up your fats to 90g at the expense of your carbs.

Originally Posted by Hunttarded View Post
    I would keep the protein as is and up your fats to 90g at the expense of your carbs.
    So my Rest day macros would look like

Protein 200g
    Carbs - 110
    Fat - 90

does that look okay to you?

Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So my Rest day macros would look like

Protein 200g
    Carbs - 110
    Fat - 90

does that look okay to you?
    In terms of hitting protein and fat minimums, that's perfect. I think you can eat more than 2050 calories to cut though at 200lbs.

In terms of hitting protein and fat minimums, that's perfect. I think you can eat more than 2050 calories to cut though at 200lbs.
    well i gained 60lb in a year eating 3000 calories per day so i think for me personally around 2000 will be a slow steady weight loss.

have you had any experience with bcaa's? if so whats the most effective one youve took?

i prefer doing long high volume workouts usually 2/2.5 hours and i just feel its too long to be breaking down a muscle without any replenishment

well i gained 60lb in a year eating 3000 calories per day so i think for me personally around 2000 will be a slow steady weight loss.

have you had any experience with bcaa's? if so whats the most effective one youve took?

i prefer doing long high volume workouts usually 2/2.5 hours and i just feel its too long to be breaking down a muscle without any replenishment
    If that's how much you bulk on, then 2000 is good. No, I don't have any experience with BCAAs, sorry.

If that's how much you bulk on, then 2000 is good. No, I don't have any experience with BCAAs, sorry.
    that's cool, i'll do a bit more research on them.

So my Macros are

Training Days
    Cal - 2050
    Protein - 200
    Carbs - 200
    Fat - 50

Rest Days
    Cal - 2050
    Protein - 200
    Carbs - 110
    Fat - 90

I'll give this a try for a few weeks and see how it goes!

Thanks for the help buddy!

alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would bring carbs bellow 100g on rest days but try and see.
    BCAA's are really effective when cutting, I would recommend Primaforce.

anonymous
    2050 calories is hardly anything... especially to start your cut on, why so low op?

Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree with everyone on here. Eat the same on non training days. It helps with recovery when not training.
    @PreChewz Sponsored Athlete. The Best Chewable Pre-workout!

MrsWaldron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I literally can’t workout without my BCAAs. Prolly cuz I been using them for so long it’s more of a mental thing. But I’ve had great success with scivation xtend bcaas. They help with recovery, strength, body fat loss and have an amazing flavor. Another brand I also like is amino energy. They too have amazing flavors with a boost of caffeine.