outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

do you see any difference? (1 month later pics)

hi,

I have been lifting and "dieting" since 1/30. however on 2/15 (around when the first pics were taken) I started eating a strict, 2000 cal clean diet. Also, 2 weeks ago I changed my workout routine from doing random exercises 6 days a week to a MWF rippetoe routine, and added 5-6 days a week cardio.

Do you see any difference from the first 2 pics? I'm getting frustrated because im eating clean, lifting hard, and doing **** loads of mountain biking, and I have barely lost 5 pounds total since 1/30!! I keep seeing peoples posts, who have pics or stories and talk about losing weight much faster then this =(. I'm thinking I need to cut back to 1800 cals maybe?

Thanks for any advice.

PS - I'm 22, 5'6.5. I started on 1/30 at about 168 lbs, Today (the 3/18 pics) I weighed in at 162.5 lbs. The 2/18 pics I was somewhere in between, I think about 165.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by outofshape111; 03-18-2006 at 10:41 AM.

gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtpeebs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can totally see a difference. You cannot judge fat loss by how much weight you lost. Only by how much body fat you have. I'm sure you gained some muscle so it doesn't seem like you lost some weight because muscle weighs more than fat

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you making sure to take your daily EFAs?

Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gtpeebs
    ....muscle weighs more than fat
    -_-. What weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of iron? Answer: they weigh the same.

To the poster, 5 lb in 4 weeks is decent progress. Try cutting down to 1500 - 1800 calories for a faster fat loss. Dont worry, your BF% is rather high, so you can cut calories more severely than already lean individuals without losing muscle mass. Just make sure to get at least 1 g per lb of bodyweight in daily and you should be fine.

outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks everyone for your replies...

@gtpeebs - thanks! yes, I have to say I have defenitly gained muscle. in particularly my damn CALFS have gotten thickness and solidity they never had before. my upper legs have gotten thicker too, and i think my arms seem to be more defined / cut.

@boyscout - I am taking NOW omega 3-6-9 pills as a part of my diet. I try to eat 6 of them a day. I also try to eat wallnuts and smart balance omega peanut butter. I only started taking the pills about 2 weeks ago though.

I have logged everything i have eaten since I started this damn diet. I could post it if nessasary - maybe there is an obvious flaw somewhere? to be honest, and don't yell, I only count calories and protein. I haven't been counting fat or carbs.

@Alex88 - I have only lost 5 lbs in about 7 weeks, not 4 weeks. In fact, I say I lost 5 lbs in the first 5 weeks, but haven't lost anything in the last 2 weeks (when i started doing cardio and the rippetoe routine, actually)..... I'm going to consider cutting cals based on more input in this thread, yours is appreciated!

thanks again

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definately get your body fat tested asap. You've probably put on a good amount of muscle mass.

Also, i'd really start counting the amount of fat you are consuming. Since you know your overall calories & protein intake, carbs aren't really an issue (unless you're eating pure sugar... lmfao). Saturated & Trans fats are what you have be careful of.
    Last edited by \S/; 03-18-2006 at 10:52 AM.

well, i did buy one of those digital calipers from bb.com, that someone here recommended......

but to be honest it was a waste of 30$. because you have to remember the EXACT spots you took the measurements with - otherwise it will be flawed. I remember I tried checking my BF% 2 weeks ago and it was like 20%, and then I tried yesterday and it was like 23% - obviously I'm doing the wrong spots cause I know for a fact I have put on muscle.

Unfortunately I honestly think the lower part of my body put on most of the muscle, but I don't have before / after pics of that. I think i have great calf genetics (lol) because my calfs are thicker then the few other people I know who work out.

BTW - in all the pictures, at least defenitly the side pictures, I am sticking out my gut as much as possible - if that counts for anything =)
    Last edited by outofshape111; 03-18-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Originally Posted by outofshape111
    well, i did buy one of those digital calipers from bb.com, that someone here recommended......

but to be honest it was a waste of 30$. because you have to remember the EXACT spots you took the measurements with - otherwise it will be flawed. I remember I tried checking my BF% 2 weeks ago and it was like 20%, and then I tried yesterday and it was like 23% - obviously I'm doing the wrong spots can I know for a fact I have put on muscle.

Unfortunately I honestly think the lower part of my body put on most of the muscle, but I don't have before / after pics of that.
    Don't worry about it. You can start recording more accurate pictures / journals from now on.

What is your weight lifting routine like? Are you lifting proportionately, seeing good size & strength gains everywhere?

Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Caliper readings have a bigger fudge factor when your BF% is higher (harder to grasp skinfolds). Its more accurate with leaner individuals. I agree with boyscout, youre probably experiencing the beginners effect through building muscle and losing fat at the same time. In that case, taking tape measurements (around your waist, around thighs, chest, arms etc...) and examining yourself in the mirror weekly is probably a better gauge of progress than just the scale alone.

Originally Posted by outofshape111

BTW - in all the pictures, at least defenitly the side pictures, I am sticking out my gut as much as possible - if that counts for anything =)
    I would say the key is to make sure you have correct posture. Lower back arched, eyes looking straight ahead, shoulders lined with the hips lined with your ankles/feet, etc.

Sticking out your gut just gives us a harder time to help ya!

Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm about 4 weeks in to my workout lifestyle and i've lost no weight, but the tape measure says I've lost many inches. It seems to be a better judge of size reduction for us n00bs due to early big muscle gains.

Polak85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see a difference. Keep it up. Stay Strong.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Height: 5' 6''
    Weight: 177
    BF: 10%

~Stay Strong~

"Cater to the Hollow" AngelOfMusic's Avatar
    AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yep i see a difference....great job!
    http://www.myspace.com/saraspace27