OverSize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet plan for 47 year old

Hey you guys.

I'm putting together a diet plan for my dad. He's 47 years old and about 60 lbs past healthy weight. He once used to work out a whole lot and took his health seriously, but not in the past 2 years I would say. So, he knows his way around the gym and is starting to go back. I want to recommend to him the right supplements for a man his age to take and how to take them and when. Can anyone here help? I have a pretty good idea of what works for me, but I'm 23... I don't know what works for someone twice my age.

Also... is ephederine a safe thing for him to take if he can take it without nervousness or insomnia? I'm not sure considering the whole Corey Stringer incident... let me know. Thanks guys. (and gals!)
    -----------------
    --------------
    OverSize

"If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done."

Zuhaltern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would recommend L-Glutamine it gives you fast recovery and helps you lose weight and cut your muscles and anybody at any age can take it there are no side effects and it is recommended that everybody take it you should do some research on this you will see that it will benefit your father greatly.

OverSize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

agreed

hey, good call. I use L-glutamine myself and its awesome. This supplement surely makes the list. Others that I am considering are 19-nor-4-androstendiol, kre-alkalyn (or creatine), liver tabs, multi-vit, and an extra antioxidant for after workouts. I would include whey protein but I just don't think he would drink this stuff since it pretty much tastes like ****. Those are all the things I am currenly using with the addition of ephedera free BetaLean. I haven't gotten around to buying a protein powder... am I losing a lot by not using this stuff? I take liver tabs before and after workouts with the addition of either a can of tuna or a 6 oz. piece of chicken right after working out. Thanks for the help guys.
    -----------------
    --------------
    OverSize

"If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done."

Zuhaltern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u might try creatine but not to much just see how your father reacts to it and if its positive then I say go for it.

felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All I can tell you is what worked for me. I lost 20-25 lbs (now 6-3,190) by cutting way back on carbohydrates and sugar. Dr. recomended the Schwartzbien diet - you can get the book in any Barnes & Noble - basically, it's much less drastic than Atkins.

As for supplements, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, Folic Acid, and Flaxseed Oil. Creatine and glutamine optional. Creatine increases homocystine levels, but the B-6 and Folic Acid counteract it. You can kickstart the weight loss with Xenadrine or similar supplement, but it's hard to quit taking that stuff once you start.

Work out at the gym 3 times a week, and walk for 30 minutes minimum each morning before breakfast.

The key is sticking to it. I've been doing it for two years now. I recommend it to anyone wanting to lose weight and improve cholesterol levels.