Registered User WorkingOnTheDream's Avatar
    WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Supplement Timing Question

Currently, I do:

4:30 am 2 scoops ON Whey Pro with 1/2 cup oats
    5:00 am Met-Rx Amp (2 scoops, drink half at 5, the other half during workout)
    5:30 am Workout
    Immediately post workout: 2 scoops ON Whey Gold.

Since I'm about out of Met-Rx Amp, I've purchased Exceed, and Sesamin (just to try something different--will keep doing this until I find what works best for me). I also have Fish Body Oil, Flax Oil, and CLA that I take with solid meals 3 x per day.

Is there an optimal timing for Preworkout shake and various supps?

At 7 pm I do light cardio for 40 minutes, but nothing extra nutritionally for this workout.

I'm just cutting at the moment, if that matters on supplement timing.

Thanks for any pointers/info!
    Last edited by davejlowe; 03-24-2006 at 10:29 AM.

WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    anyone?

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by davejlowe
    Currently, I do:

4:30 am 2 scoops ON Whey Pro with 1/2 cup oats
    5:00 am Met-Rx Amp (2 scoops, drink half at 5, the other half during workout)
    5:30 am Workout
    Immediately post workout: 2 scoops ON Whey Gold.

Since I'm about out of Met-Rx Amp, I've purchased Exceed, and Sesamin (just to try something different--will keep doing this until I find what works best for me). I also have Fish Body Oil, Flax Oil, and CLA that I take with solid meals 3 x per day.

Is there an optimal timing for Preworkout shake and various supps?

At 7 pm I do light cardio for 40 minutes, but nothing extra nutritionally for this workout.

I'm just cutting at the moment, if that matters on supplement timing.

Thanks for any pointers/info!
    I would take the xceed 30 min pre workout, I would stack the sesamin with the fish oil and CLA. I would do 1 sesamin+2 fish oil+2 CLA 3 times a day, timing wont make much of a difference, just be sure to take the sesamin with a higher fat meal 10+grams to get the full benefits from the sesamin.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Originally Posted by young_squatter
    I would take the xceed 30 min pre workout, I would stack the sesamin with the fish oil and CLA. I would do 1 sesamin+2 fish oil+2 CLA 3 times a day, timing wont make much of a difference, just be sure to take the sesamin with a higher fat meal 10+grams to get the full benefits from the sesamin.
    Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Would you recommend anything to alleviate post workout soreness? Seems like the day after a workout, I'm still ok, but the day after that the soreness hits hard (2 days ago I hit my traps hard, and today even the slightest shoulder shrugs just kills my traps). Day after legs and my legs are still somewhat wobbily, but 2 days to 5 days after they just kill, too.

I'm not sure if any supps would help with that, but if there's are any, info would be great. Thanks!

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Would you recommend anything to alleviate post workout soreness? Seems like the day after a workout, I'm still ok, but the day after that the soreness hits hard (2 days ago I hit my traps hard, and today even the slightest shoulder shrugs just kills my traps). Day after legs and my legs are still somewhat wobbily, but 2 days to 5 days after they just kill, too.

I'm not sure if any supps would help with that, but if there's are any, info would be great. Thanks!
    I recommend you try some BCAA/EAA, they have helped me recover from workouts and decrease some soreness. But usually soreness is always going to be there.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Originally Posted by young_squatter
    I recommend you try some BCAA/EAA, they have helped me recover from workouts and decrease some soreness. But usually soreness is always going to be there.
    Ok, for the big question: I've seen a lot of people on these boards talking about builk BCAAs, but where do you find them? I know everyone says they taste like crap, but I'd mix it with Crystal Lite or something like it.

Ok, for the big question: I've seen a lot of people on these boards talking about builk BCAAs, but where do you find them? I know everyone says they taste like crap, but I'd mix it with Crystal Lite or something like it.
    You can get Optimum Nutritions BCAA powder. There are other sources, but this is the bb.com website and giving out other sources is not aloud.