lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100) lieroxx is not very well liked. (-100)

Is the smith squat machine really that dangerous? I think not.

http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/SmithSquat1.html
    http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/SmithSquat2.html

In fact, I think it's a good alternative for those having trouble with the back squat.

Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you best put on your flame suit
    You'll thank yourself when you're older for getting into the iron game at a young age.
    It's not a game, it's a job.
    It's not a job, it's a lifestyle.
    It's not a lifestyle, it's my life.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113751491

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lieroxx
    http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/SmithSquat1.html
    http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/SmithSquat2.html

In fact, I think it's a good alternative for those having trouble with the back squat.
    It is. I do them on occasion to give my back a rest.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100) Gripper is not very well liked. (-100)
    i dont know where people got the idea that smith squats are dangerous, its good if for some reason u cant do regular squat.

dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    at six ft i find squats odd and uncomfortable, so i use the smith and put the bar low on my traps and its actually very comfortable. i also set my feet a little in front of me so my hips can go down easily, i prefer the smith.
    *MusclePharm: Official Supplement of the UFC*

drew[at]musclepharm.com

RIP G.K. Miller 7/7/1963-2/13/2007

FEAR IS THE MINDKILLER

********.com/musclepharm

Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read the replies and agree, I haven't read any studies that have determined the smith machine to be unsafe. However, due to the fact that the bar does travel without deviation, it does need to be understood that by not placing your body in proper alignment (and this varies from person to person), you may risk injury because your body would be forced to move the weight unnaturally. But on the otherhand, this can happen with barbell squats as well if your form is incorrect. Also, the comparison to other machine exercises is not real valid in my opinion becuase in most machine exercises you do not have to focus as much on ensuring that you are in the appropriate position (other than maybe moving a seat up or down). And you are not placing a large amount of weight on your shoulders and then moving it a big distance in other machine exercises. All in all I don't think the smith machine is the devil, but it should be realized that squatting with a smith machine and squatting with a barbell are different. So in moving from one to the other, everyone should ensure that they make appropriate adjustments and practice proper form. Just my thoughts...