Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    wanttobeFIT15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanttobeFIT15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanttobeFIT15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanttobeFIT15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanttobeFIT15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanttobeFIT15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanttobeFIT15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love how those Questioning your knowledge didn't reply anymore when you stated your experience. I will try your advice. I was obese once and tried p90x and a bunch of diet on and off for a few months so I ended up with a skinny fat body. I would like to change now, i have a skinny extremities but have a little bit chest fat and a fat around my waist (gut), i was considering on doing Cardio during my off days, And also Lift heavy for 3-4days a week, but now since i saw your article, I will not try to do the cardio anymore, is this okay? will it lose my gut (i eat clean and at maintainance btw)

DemefeJew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

pharmacy technician position

degree online pharmacy technician trustonlinedrugstore com/categories/healthy-bones htm cvs pharmacy prescription

Dedicated Lifter lostinthestreet's Avatar
    lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinthestreet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've found that mixing up my cardio has helped me do more of it. This means more boxing, rock climbing, swimming, biking, etc.
    Don't take no for an answer, not even from yourself. Lift heavy, gain big, grow massive, live strong.

Ronners has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First resistance training then Aerobic Exercise

ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Cardio burns more calories, which helps to create the deficit required for fat loss. Weight training helps you maintain muscle as you cut. So, both are equally important.

CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro Cytrainer913's Avatar
    Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ELLSKIES View Post
    Cardio burns more calories, which helps to create the deficit required for fat loss. Weight training helps you maintain muscle as you cut. So, both are equally important.
    there is also detriment to doing too much cardio especially for women, as over time there can be muscle lost=lower metabolism=fewer cals burned. I would also watch the cardio being done by women as well as they can over time lose bone mass setting them up for osteopenia and osteoporosis. The weights can really give you a great benefit in terms of increased metabolism, stronger bones, increased quality of life and if done right here and there will more than suffice to work the HEART!

ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cytrainer913 View Post
    there is also detriment to doing too much cardio especially for women, as over time there can be muscle lost=lower metabolism=fewer cals burned. I would also watch the cardio being done by women as well as they can over time lose bone mass setting them up for osteopenia and osteoporosis. The weights can really give you a great benefit in terms of increased metabolism, stronger bones, increased quality of life and if done right here and there will more than suffice to work the HEART!
    Well, yes, the addition of muscle mass helps you burn more calories . . . but only a few more. Like 6 extra calories per pound of muscle. But hey, it looks good. )

And I don't think MOST people are in danger of overdoing the cardio. Most people don't do enough. And to get any aerobic benefit from weight training . . . well, let's just say that you better keep those rest periods to a MINIMUM. Which can negate gains in strength and mass, because you're not pushing as much weight as you could if you had rested longer. So it's best to keep the two training modalities separate, in my opinion, for the best of both worlds.

jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well, yes, the addition of muscle mass helps you burn more calories . . . but only a few more. Like 6 extra calories per pound of muscle. But hey, it looks good. )

And I don't think MOST people are in danger of overdoing the cardio. Most people don't do enough. And to get any aerobic benefit from weight training . . . well, let's just say that you better keep those rest periods to a MINIMUM. Which can negate gains in strength and mass, because you're not pushing as much weight as you could if you had rested longer. So it's best to keep the two training modalities separate, in my opinion, for the best of both worlds.
    I've read each pound of muscle burns between 30 and 50 calories a day. Is that not true?

Shreesh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A pound of muscle normally burns 5-6 calories per day(Research shows it). On the other hand a pound of fat burns 2 calories per pound a day. So, if you put it to numbers, suppose a person weighing 200 pounds works out to gain 7 pounds of muscle and lose 20 pounds of fat, the total metabolic rate will be reduced(20*2=40 and 7*5=35).
    However the afterburn effects is enhanced by resistance training and can definitely help lose more fat through out the day. If one combines both resistance training and cardio, some serious fat loss is definite.

jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100)
    weights all day

jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    now thats thinking

SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
    Cardio does bite.
    Agreed. Cardio is a waste of life haha

SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @Op, thanks for posting this, not for me, but for everyone out there trying to lose weight! I wish I could help everyone in the world to understand this, but it is so hard to convince people differently than what they have been spoon fed their whole life.

moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ofcourse you've got to mix and match a few stuff...

Weight Lifting...
    Body weight training...
    Hardcore crossfits
    Tracks
    Edurance
    HIIT
    I don't workout to be fit...

I workout because I REFUSE to remain AVERAGE !!!
    I workout because I REFUSE to be just like everybody else !!!

Make it Happen !!!

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Yeah, if you don't have good aerobic conditioning, your lifts won't be as effective anyhow.

And if you're not strong enough you can't push hard aerobically because your muscles won't work well.

Isn't it amazing how both forms of training are actually good? It's almost like there's no controversy or something. Almost like the people who hate cardio try to find excuses not to do it and the people who dislike weights do the same thing, when in reality we should all be doing some of both!

But that would be crazy.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SMKillerBody View Post
    @Op, thanks for posting this, not for me, but for everyone out there trying to lose weight! I wish I could help everyone in the world to understand this, but it is so hard to convince people differently than what they have been spoon fed their whole life.
    This has always been a chalange... To help other even if they don't ask for help or not? Although experience if many people who have something intelligent to offer to others is mixed, I still believe that is worth it. More people have reacted positively than not. I have been changing lives for 30 years now and want stope as I find it amazing. Hope more people would read my books and articlesand ultimately benefit from them... Best, Nash
    Www.nashjocic.com

Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Berries1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nashjocic View Post
    Thanks my friend. I wander why people have a problem to understand that in whichever gym you walk in you will always see the lean and muscular bodies in the weight section, while all the faties will be in the cardio section...
    Keep pumping and looking great,
    Nash
    That is just the gym setting though, the people who commit to proper aerobic programs are out on their bike, swimming laps, surfing, running etc not in the gym on a fake bike or treadmill.

nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nashjocic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Berries1 View Post
    That is just the gym setting though, the people who commit to proper aerobic programs are out on their bike, swimming laps, surfing, running etc not in the gym on a fake bike or treadmill.
    It takes only a simple experiment, that everyone can do... Next time you get to the gym, look around and try to identify in where are the most overweight people located and where are the leanest and most muscular guys. It will be no surprise to realise that all the fatties are usually on the 'cardio' (I hate that word because is completely fake) equipment, while the muscular men and women are in the weight section!
    The reason why people who rely more on the 'cardio' equipment will always stay fat and the others who rely on the weights and resistant equipment will remain muscular and lean is in the metabolic manipulation. 'Cardio' will never speed up metabolism (BMR) as fast and as long as intense resistance training session. Faster your metabolism for longer, you will be burning more calories 24/7. 'Cardio' will never match that caloric deficit. Also, don't forget that your diet still plays the crucial role in fat burning processes. By eating right type of food in the right amounts, you will be able to manipulate your hormonal output and therefore achieve the fat burning zone, turning your body fat as the primary source of energy, not dietary carbohydrates. These metabolic manipulation is explained in very detail in my books, kindle books and e-books. Best wishes, Nash http://nashjocic.com http://nashfittraining.com

Message Board King xLostxAngelx's Avatar
    xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It depends on your development.

Stand-alone—cardio is king for weight loss.

However, there is a technicality in the fact that muscle mass is constantly burning calories just being online. So the more muscle mass you put on, the more calories your muscles will be burning up all throughout the day (active or idle).

Therein, there is a technicality in the fact that—if you can put on some muscle mass—that mass will be eating calories constantly.

However again, this aspect doesn't correspond to the concept of biological fatigue—which is a state of the human body on the cellular level when it's entire mode of operations is set to a low-output. The cells divide slower, they produce and propagate energy slower—transfer other resources—and their every biological operation is slowed down. This is the product of human adaptation—where the body shuts down after it detects a long period of idleness. This is done in the same way that the body will shut down your fat absorption when you starve yourself—or like when your body will kick up into a mode of high-out put when you're regularly exercising with high intensity. Your body adapts to the demand—and changes the mode and speed of its performance to suite the need.

Under the circumstances of biological fatigue, the greatest option is to prompt the body to kick up production on the cellular level first (by doing lots of high-paced, intense exercise). You need to kick up that metabolism and cellular output before you will thrive in your other activities. If you don't, then you will suffer in those activities instead (because the body is not attuned for the high performance demand).

Take this into retrospect for yourself—and get yourself a really good supplement with Ephedra in it to help you get the ball rolling (if that's where you're at).

You can also drink ice water instead of regular water to help you lose weight. Just drinking ice water burns calories, because the body has to heat up the water to a certain temperature before it can absorb it. So consider this advanced technique as well.
    .. ... [Red Bar Crew] ... ..

──▄█▀█▄─────────██
    ▄████████▄───▄▀█▄▄▄▀
    ██▀▼▼▼▼▼─▄▀──█▄▄
    █████▄▲▲▲─▄▄▄▀───▀▄
    ██████▀▀▀▀─▀────────▀▀