Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JohnnyDigital View Post
    nope it's alright. i havent drank milk in a long time should have read the website. Milk also leads tobone loss
    okay seeing as how i drink milk everyday of my life im 18 now how the **** do i have healthy bones thats some retarded **** their saying milk is bad for u...

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mikevall View Post
    okay seeing as how i drink milk everyday of my life im 18 now how the **** do i have healthy bones thats some retarded **** their saying milk is bad for u...

Posts like this seem quite fitting in this silly thread.

Clearly your whole 18 years of milk drinking personal experience are proof of something or other!

Why oh why do people think that because they know of a single instance of something happening that they can then extrapolate that to mean it applies to EVERYTHING!

I find this entire thread very similar to the one going on right now about how much muscle can be gained in a short amount of time. People constantly refuse to accept scientific research and instead will swear by broscience.

"But dude, I once knew this guy who knew another guy who had a friend who gained 45 pounds on steroids in 1 month! And not only that bro but he also lost 10 pounds of fat so he gained 55 pounds of muscle! It's possible cause he did it!"

mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikevall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    Posts like this seem quite fitting in this silly thread.

Clearly your whole 18 years of milk drinking personal experience are proof of something or other!

Why oh why do people think that because they know of a single instance of something happening that they can then extrapolate that to mean it applies to EVERYTHING!

I find this entire thread very similar to the one going on right now about how much muscle can be gained in a short amount of time. People constantly refuse to accept scientific research and instead will swear by broscience.

"But dude, I once knew this guy who knew another guy who had a friend who gained 45 pounds on steroids in 1 month! And not only that bro but he also lost 10 pounds of fat so he gained 55 pounds of muscle! It's possible cause he did it!"

i just glanced at this thread saying milk is bad for u i thought it was rediculos dont need to get ur panties in a bunch, i still believe milk is great for you, on the otherhand if they are injecting cows with hormones in canada i think it wouldnt hurt to switch to soy or another substitute.

DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500)
    i hate how the milk prolly has many diff chemicals in it from injecting cows with them bu ti still love it.
    you can jsut buy organic but is quite expensive.

Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gator87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DH5 View Post
    i hate how the milk prolly has many diff chemicals in it from injecting cows with them bu ti still love it.
    you can jsut buy organic but is quite expensive.
    Honestly, I don't mind a bit of added Tren Ace and Test Prop!
    ئەنسیکلۆپێدیایFlorida Gators Crewئەنسیکلۆپێدیای

DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500) DH5 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Gator87 View Post
    Honestly, I don't mind a bit of added Tren Ace and Test Prop!
    lol

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't really feel like reading all of this, but isn't the concern on milk regarding the hormones based on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_****totropin

Which theoretically increases IGF-1... which doesn't survive digestion, that I have ever heard.

dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsbhaver is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Next they will say water is bad for you...

I am sure milk has some good nutrients that are useful. It has been part of so many peoples diets (Dairy) but there are always going to be people trying to tell you that it is bad for you or good for you.

I like my milk.....period

Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ...okay....

1. infants less than 1 years of age should be breastfeeding. baby formula should only be used as a last resort. you shouldnt feed babies anything else, so why would you give them cow milk? it would be like giving a baby gatorade or soda.

2. im asian. im lactose intolerant. but i can still drink skim milk with no problems. whole milks gets me gassy, sure, but thats why i avoid it. drinking skim also takes away the high saturated fat problem.

3. if your afraid of contaminents, buy organic. but if your going organic with your milk, you should be going organic with beef, chicken, eggs, veggies, and fruits, because all of them contain contaminents. but if your buying all your meats, fruits, and veggies organic, you are probably already buying organic milk.

4. calcium intake is still a portion of osteoporosis, right? so calcium is still important, right?

i dont really care for milk, but i drink it. it adds some protien with my whey powder, and has to be beneficial; cows have been domesticated for milk for CENTURIES.

bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smile

Originally Posted by JohnnyDigital View Post
    i dont think you should touch the stuff. but if you want to go ahead. but think it about it if you read everything off the site. you'll have an understanding of milk. i drink soy and it is just has good and healthier. but some one in here will argue. play it safe and drink soy. it pay off in the end.

I think Soy is excellent source of protein .......... !!! for a girl!!!

now u think I may be dissin you or tryingto be funny, but since u like researching research what soy does to men.... also research a lil more on milk, granted though the best milk IS goats milk, and I believe in 0% or 1,5 % skim milk if goats milk isnt available (goat milk almost matches human breast milk)
    Fear No EGO!
    *Shut up and squat*

Award winning music video producer, MC, lyricist
    http://www.mcpauld.com
    http://www.2real.org
    http://pauldtv.com

bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
    One up for cow's milk. Helps to meet caloric demand and supplies fats, fats turn to cholesterol which are the base of steroids such as Vitamin D and testosterone. It decreases carb cravings to help keep fat gain down. It improves the absorption of protein. That' 4-0 for cow's milk so far.

We discussed this already. Fiber increases the absorption of nutrients in the digestive tract so 4-1 in favor of cow's.

No score awarded, still 4-1

5-1 to cow's milk

[b]

What amounts are you basing on ? I drink 2 gallons a day, 365 days a year, I'd say that's a lot more grams of essential amino's than you count to. 6-1 in favor of cow's milk.

[b]

Milk is the richest natural source of calcium. My 2 gallons provide me 3-4 times more than my daily need for calcium replacement. No score awarded there. A little lesson about the benefits of methionine however :

"methionine assists in the breakdown and use of fats, which in turn yields a higher testosterone rate. Together with Zinc that's how ZMA does its thing. It also eliminates excess fat from the bloodstream, resulting in less potential adipose (fat) tissue. It is key in digestion and the removal of heavy metals from the stomach and liver. It is a good anti-oxidant because it readily supplies sulfur, inactivates free radicals and helps with memory recall. It is a precursor to cysteine, which is the amino that produces gluthione to detoxify the liver. It's also one of the three aminos that are needed to manufacture creatine monohydrate within the body, an essential compound for energy production and muscle growth. "

7-1 for cow's milk.

[b]

All three of them are non-essential amino acids, and unless deficient therefor not used. So no score awarded there. still 7-1 for cow's milk

Vitamin D is often added to pasteurized milk to add up for it. But to my knowledge only to cows milk. 8-1 for cow's milk. I also don't buy pasteurized milk but euperized milk which doesn't denature as many ingredients. 1-0 for the smart shopper as well.

Calcium inhibits the absorption of copper. No score awarded. Magnesium helps calcium formation. Vitamin D helps calcium assembly. Draw, so no score awarded. Trace amounts of manganese are needed, but deficiency is non-existent.

There you go, you just proved to yourself that cow's milk is a whopping 800% better than soy milk. Good on you !

BIG CAT still around ive been gone for years, nice to see u still in the game
    Fear No EGO!
    *Shut up and squat*

Award winning music video producer, MC, lyricist
    http://www.mcpauld.com
    http://www.2real.org
    http://pauldtv.com

Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mindgrinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bad4ego View Post
    I think Soy is excellent source of protein .......... !!! for a girl!!!

now u think I may be dissin you or tryingto be funny, but since u like researching research what soy does to men.... also research a lil more on milk, granted though the best milk IS goats milk, and I believe in 0% or 1,5 % skim milk if goats milk isnt available (goat milk almost matches human breast milk)
    agreed, Soy increases estrogen in males if taken too much.

Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bad4ego View Post
    BIG CAT still around ive been gone for years, nice to see u still in the game
    Sorry bro, you're a good 7 years late

Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000) Kernkraft is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Gx7Pyro View Post
    ...okay....

1. infants less than 1 years of age should be breastfeeding. baby formula should only be used as a last resort. you shouldnt feed babies anything else, so why would you give them cow milk? it would be like giving a baby gatorade or soda.

2. im asian. im lactose intolerant. but i can still drink skim milk with no problems. whole milks gets me gassy, sure, but thats why i avoid it. drinking skim also takes away the high saturated fat problem.

3. if your afraid of contaminents, buy organic. but if your going organic with your milk, you should be going organic with beef, chicken, eggs, veggies, and fruits, because all of them contain contaminents. but if your buying all your meats, fruits, and veggies organic, you are probably already buying organic milk.

4. calcium intake is still a portion of osteoporosis, right? so calcium is still important, right?

i dont really care for milk, but i drink it. it adds some protien with my whey powder, and has to be beneficial; cows have been domesticated for milk for CENTURIES.
    I actually was given cow milk as a baby very early on by doctors to treat me for something and it literally almost resulted in me dying from horrible diarrhea (well according to my parents and I'm also from an eastern block originally - In Soviet Russia Milk make you go poo!).

Anyways I've gradually built up a tremendous resistance to any sort of dairy product especially casein and recently it got so bad (huge digestion problems - couldn't poop anything but clear saliva - sorry for the detail) I've had to stop taking protein powders all together including my beloved XF UP2.0

**** sucks but I guess every human body is different and I'm on the other end of the spectrum as far as how one may react to milk.

PhoeniXineohP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by johnnydigital View Post
    nope it's alright. I havent drank milk in a long time should have read the website. Milk also leads tobone loss
    wtf???
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123185231
    ^------ Best thread ever.

1RM before and after first Deload:
    BP: 164 After: 175
    Squat: 174 After: 180
    Results: Pretty stoked.

im genetically like this mk.ultra's Avatar
    mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know about all the claims that the OP made, but I actually agree that drinking milk is not natural. Think about it, humans are the only species that drinks another species milk.

Cow's milk is for baby cows.

Human milk is for human infants.

Logic would tell you that drinking milk past infancy isn't normal, thats why most people are lactose intolerant, whether they know it or not. Having the lactase enzyme necessary to digest milk is actually a genetic mutation. Not to mention that cows which produce conventional milk are pumped with recombinant bovine growth hormone and antiobiotics.

I do believe that soy increases estrogen levels, which is why I use almond or coconut milk. Coconut milk is fcuking delicious, and a healthy source of medium chain fatty acids.
    Last edited by mk.ultra; 04-21-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Berserkk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    my ****ing mom lied to me

RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went from skim milk to almond milk and i stopped getting zits i also cut out most of the other dairy in my diet.

Set a goal & achieve it! mscriven's Avatar
    mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thread from the dead. Thanks for the 11 year bump.