Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Muscle Milk vs. Protein Shakes....

Hi,
    I have another post open about protein , but i forgot to ask about muscle milk. Am I better of spending my money on Muscle Milk or Optimum Whey Gold Standard protein ?

I am currently taking Cell-Tech and plan to continue despite criticism, but its working for me so I hope you guys understand why Im stickin to it lol

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    two different things
    optimum whey is whey.
    muscle milk is a blended protein-casein and whey
    its better for pre-bed or pre-WO. whey is better post-WO or in the a.m., when you need a faster digesting protein. IMO, muscle milk is a great product and tastes awesome as far as proteins go.

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Rachel_n_SD
    two different things
    optimum whey is whey.
    its better for pre-bed or pre-WO. whey is better post-WO or in the a.m., when you need a faster digesting protein. IMO, muscle milk is a great product and tastes awesome as far as proteins go.
    I will agree that mm is better pre bed. But no pre workout. You want a fast digesting protein like whey. MM has lots of fat and that would not be good pre workout.

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Coulaid
    I will agree that mm is better pre bed. But no pre workout. You want a fast digesting protein like whey. MM has lots of fat and that would not be good pre workout.
    my bad,

true, what he said. i like it a couple hours pre, though for a sustained type of energy.

cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000) cuse88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what would be the best for me to get bigger or gain mass , the protein or mm ?

Cat Biscuits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cuse88
    what would be the best for me to get bigger or gain mass , the protein or mm ?
    Lifting, a good diet and eating a lot helped me gain mass. Not the protein shakes. I see them more as a replacement to a meal instead of something to live by. If you really need to gain mass i'm sure you could look into Cytogainer, some people have told me its pretty good. Its made by cytosport the same people who make musclemilk. Other than that, i'd recommend just eating and lifting, it really does work.

fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hi,
    I have another post open about protein , but i forgot to ask about muscle milk. Am I better of spending my money on Muscle Milk or Optimum Whey Gold Standard protein ?

I am currently taking Cell-Tech and plan to continue despite criticism, but its working for me so I hope you guys understand why Im stickin to it lol

I have used both, I prefer the ON gold cause it has less fat and more affordable as I use it 2-3 times a day. Its good quality, a little thicker than MM, MM is thin just like milk.

andrew07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would personally go with the ON whey for a couple reasons: it is better to take post when protein supplementation is very important, it contains far less saturated fat, and it can be used at many different times by combining it with other ingredients i.e. with milk, cottage cheese, or peanut butter before bed.

Least I got Chicken! Leroy Jenkins's Avatar
    Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leroy Jenkins is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

ON whey for the day time as need for protien. At night use MM or a Cheaper slow digestive Protien Works as well, but MM just tastes Dam good. If you get MM get the Bannana Cream. Woot. Also Cell tec, That was like 4 years ago when that **** was good. now its poop to all the new stuff comen out. Size on, Green bulge..Cell mass.. And those are just a few. Give them one of them a shot and im sure you will Pawn that tub of Cell tec off on sombody.

turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) turbos10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The fat in Muscle milk is MCT oil and it is burned as energy as well as promoting fat loss. I use muscle milk as a meal replacement when I am in hurry or have a sweet tooth. It taste AWESOME. As mentioned before whey is more suited for morning pre and post workout. I have been using MM before bed, but I will prolly stop due to the fat and being that I am cutting.
    My journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=552432
    Scivation Cutting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=9100596#post9100596

Bulking for the Summer JUGGERNAUT HIT's Avatar
    JUGGERNAUT HIT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    could you take whey protein before bed? what tiems of the day do you take it?

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whey: Breakfast\pre\post workout. Whey before bed isnt the best. Becasue it's digested so fast you body will be come catabolic faster then a blended protein like XF Ultra Peptide or Micellar Matrix add some almounds and you got a better then mm shake IMHO.

dinlabreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, im new here...just wondering what you guys think i should do. Im 17, 6'1 210 lbs starting offensive tackle in football. i need to gain a lot of muscle this off season, what do you guys suggest i should do. should i take muscle milk (i bought some today) or whey protein...or even both. i would thank anyone who can help me

thanks

HansGruber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have to pull rank here on Muscle Milk

Muscle Milk is like Ben and Jerry's with protein. It's the best tasting stuff and it will make you fat. It's loaded with both fat and saturated fat. I don't know how anybody can defend the type of fat in Muscle Milk. Every flavor is like eating your favorite flavor of Ben and Jerry's also loaded with fat. Saturated fat is never good for you.

Stick with a low fat Whey protein with 3g of fat or less. There should be no more than 1g of saturated fat.

I'm taking EAS casein protein right now but will be switching to Whey Protein when I run out. Protein is protein. Buy the cheapest stuff. If you need to gain weight, go with Muscle Milk. 24 hour fitness has fire sales on this stuff 4x a year or more. Right now it's $19.99. ON Gold Standard Whey 5lb is $37.99 right now at The Vitamin Shoppe.

HansGruber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by turbos10 View Post
    The fat in Muscle milk is MCT oil and it is burned as energy as well as promoting fat loss. I use muscle milk as a meal replacement when I am in hurry or have a sweet tooth. It taste AWESOME. As mentioned before whey is more suited for morning pre and post workout. I have been using MM before bed, but I will prolly stop due to the fat and being that I am cutting.
    The above statement is total BS. Are you a nutritionist? I am. A registered dietition is the real deal. A nutritionist is anybody and everybody. No degree required. Muscle Milk Lite came out for a reason. They even lowered the fat content of Muscle Milk from 16g of fat to 12g. But it still has 6g of saturated fat which is totally unacceptable.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rachel_n_SD View Post
    two different things
    optimum whey is whey.
    agreed. and Muscle Milk has more fat and more calories as well. Muscle Milk is therefore really a meal replacement, and not a protein powder.

Big_biceps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big_biceps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i don't take any protein i just eat.

Unbelievably, it works!

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'm a hardgainer and what i found out about MuscleMilk is it's a catchy name. i actually gained more from EAS whey protein from Wal-Mart than i did with MuscleMilk. don't get me wrong i loved the taste, but taste didn't bring any gains.

DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaJollyRoger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't muscle milk a protein shake?

To th OP, I suggest getting both, save the MM for before bed, and take the whey pre/post workout.

G00fySmiley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dinlabreak View Post
    Hey, im new here...just wondering what you guys think i should do. Im 17, 6'1 210 lbs starting offensive tackle in football. i need to gain a lot of muscle this off season, what do you guys suggest i should do. should i take muscle milk (i bought some today) or whey protein...or even both. i would thank anyone who can help me

thanks

at 17 either, just work out hard and eat ALOT, i usually think or protien as mostly for post workout, and fo rwhen i can't eat a real meal. if you have the extra cash get yourself some protien bars with alot of calories if its sheer mass you want, but avoid ones with to much sugar.

having said that i pref whey to muscle milk, muscle milk tastes awsome but as stated way to much fat in there
    if the brain is a muscle the vast majority of the population suffers from atrophy

erniechan114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help needed

GUys im totally new to the muscle gaining and working out scene. So my question is, which is better for me? MM or ONwhey? Im 140 lbs. 21 yearsold. Im trying to gain muscle and a little bit of body mass. I dont need to be ripped but i want to be lean and have a gd muscle line. may be get up to 150? ive done research on both Whey and MM both seem to be gd but depending on the person. some sad Whey is better then mm n others said the other way around but im still not sure which suits me more. Any advice plz?

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by erniechan114 View Post
    GUys im totally new to the muscle gaining and working out scene. So my question is, which is better for me? MM or ONwhey? Im 140 lbs. 21 yearsold. Im trying to gain muscle and a little bit of body mass. I dont need to be ripped but i want to be lean and have a gd muscle line. may be get up to 150? ive done research on both Whey and MM both seem to be gd but depending on the person. some sad Whey is better then mm n others said the other way around but im still not sure which suits me more. Any advice plz?
    Either one. The results will be the same. I think MM is tastier.*
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eleazar18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Whats the diffrence
    Coming at you hard

/\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

So Protein Shakes and Muscle Milk are the same? why did people say ON whey is better than muscle milk?
    Originally Posted by TheGilmore View Post
    Either one. The results will be the same. I think MM is tastier.*

TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So Protein Shakes and Muscle Milk are the same? why did people say ON whey is better than muscle milk?
    Muscle Milk is a type of protein shake, but it has more fats than ON. If you want straight protein, ON would be better (I'd rather have Myofusion, though). However, at your weight, you could do with the extra calories.*
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

Is ONwhey (straight protein) better for me or MM? i think im a little under weight but i dont want to gain more than im suppose to.i was thinking going up to 150 but im more focused on muscle building rather than gaining weight. Im not an extreme body builder,im just trying to bulk up a little.

Is ONwhey (straight protein) better for me or MM? i think im a little under weight but i dont want to gain more than im suppose to.i was thinking going up to 150 but im more focused on muscle building rather than gaining weight. Im not an extreme body builder,im just trying to bulk up a little.
    You're not going to gain muscle without eating more calories than maintenance. You can minimize fat gain by not going too crazy, but you'll probably still get a little bit of fat. You'll still look better, so don't worry about it. Like I said in the thread you made, read the stickied threads in the nutrition section.*

thanks man! i am trying to eat more everyday. i guess i will try the MM n see how it goes.
    You're not going to gain muscle without eating more calories than maintenance. You can minimize fat gain by not going too crazy, but you'll probably still get a little bit of fat. You'll still look better, so don't worry about it. Like I said in the thread you made, read the stickied threads in the nutrition section.*

Treyman311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle and fitness

Go to muscleandfitness.com and read into the traning and nutrition articles...geezlaweez...

James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Muscle Milk is a type of protein shake, but it has more fats than ON. If you want straight protein, ON would be better (I'd rather have Myofusion, though). However, at your weight, you could do with the extra calories.*
    Totally agreed.