teechur20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teechur20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teechur20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What color should I paint my gym!

Spring break begins Friday and I have all of next week to spruce up my home gym--starting with painting. Anybody have any great color/paint brand suggestions? The room is the size of a average-large bedroom--not huge, but not small. I know colors can make a room appear bigger or smaller, depending. I'd love some ideas!

On the same note...any good suggestions on what to put on my walls? I know I am going to frame some great quotes--what other motivational type stuff could I use? Would love some suggestions for that as well! (I know, I don't ask for much!)

Thanks!
    "The only one who can stop me is me...and I can take her."

cook, eat, clean...repeat catbaloous's Avatar
    catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would paint it a color that energizes you personally. For me, that would be a deep red. Not like a fire red, but more like a wine red. If you don't want to paint the whole room, you could just paint one large wall. As far as what to put on your wall, Monica Brant has some really cool posters on her website...that is if you are a fan. You could also take pictures out of fitness magazines and make a cool collage of them.
    Daily giving myself a swift kick in the A$$!!!

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we can chase perfection we can catch excellence."
    Vince Lombardi

Architect of Aggression One Man Army's Avatar
    One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    blue and red...the gym i go to is painted inside blue and red and its a nice suiting color

Architect of Aggression One Man Army's Avatar
    One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also for stuff that you put on your walls..put up some like Arnold posters
    like these found on ebay
    http://search.ebay.com/bodybuilding-...sPageNameZWLRS

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by catbaloous
    I would paint it a color that energizes you personally.
    Bump! And I think this would be very important, too - a gym should be a motivating space where you feel explosive and powerful! As for "space", generally lighter coloured walls make the rooms look bigger, while darker colours will make it look smaller... Personally I'd suggest lighter, but not "screaming" - such colours usually improve people's moods.

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymgrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

My father is a house painter and always uses Benjamin Moore paint...just a thought there. You could always put up a chair rail and paint the bottom half a cool color, like the red you talked about, and the top could be a shade of complimentary white....there are TONS of "whites".

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/index.asp

And remember: if you don't like it, you can always try another color later!!

Good luck!!

Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree that you should pick something that personally uplifts you.
    All the spring catalogs have been having a lavender/light blue/yellow combo that I've been liking --and oddly so because it seems like girly colors. Anyhoo, that scheme to me would be both invigorating and relaxing. I hope you can find something that does that for you!

ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashley9601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with everyone actually, but I do prefer red. I think that would look awesome! I think red screams "hot" and "sexy" which is soo motivating for me.. Gives me energy! I have pictures torn out of Oxygen magazine and others up on my walls. It works for me.

WowWowWowWow ab-swing asianbabe's Avatar
    ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    orange or hot pink =)

teechur20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teechur20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teechur20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ooooh...great color ideas! I was thinking one color--but I could mix it up a bit, couldn't I? Hmmm...now I'm really going to need to think!
    "The only one who can stop me is me...and I can take her."

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pink of course :P

lol jk!