BIGbrihh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGbrihh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

less is more for a hardgainer/ectomorph?

I've been stuck around 210-212lb for a while. My lagging bodypart is definitly my chest. Im hoping I can get some opinions on the best workout routine to help me see some gains in my chest. thanks

buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are an ectomorph at 210? How tall are you and whats your bdyfat%? As for building a large chest, make sure your diet is top notch with protien supplementation. For workouts, you will have to see what works for you, if you are stuck with your current routine, change it up. I find that building a large chest takes time, the routine i do is a split day, and for chest day I will do 4-5 exersises, totalling about 20 sets. Bench, incline, decline, flys, and maybe a machine or cables to finish. Go heavy and low reps.
    "Check your ego at the door."

BIGbrihh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGbrihh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the reply, I'm actually 6'5 so that might make my assumption more reasonable. My body fat is most likely around 11% and My max bench is 230lb so it isnt like they are weak.
    Last edited by BIGbrihh; 03-22-2006 at 12:11 PM.

buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a sixfiver myself, and it can be frustrating to make gains, but with the right program I have packed on about 40 pounds of muscle in teh last couple years so it is possible. But I would say just keep training hard, and lift heavy.
    "Check your ego at the door."

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    less is more for everyone-not just hardgainers.

you should stick with a simple mass building routine, dont get focused on overcomplicated routines, or start with working 1 bodypart per day. that can come later when you have build yourself a solid base.

pick either a upper/lower 3 day split, or a 3 day per week fullbody such as HST. Stick with big compound exercises, the lifts you want to perfect, and focus on increasing are your bench, pullups/rows, squats, deads, and military press.

those exercises will build the most muscle and strength the fastest. in the future you can add some isolation to your lagging bodyparts but for now, just eat, eat, eat and do those big lifts, hard and heavy.

aight heres a pic of me to give people a better idea of what Ive been working with as far as my size. Please feel free to critique
    Attached Images

nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am an ectomorph, and train with 3 friends. 2 mesomorphs and one endomorph. ive found that being an ectomorph, my body doesnt allow me to hit as many sets as them or as many exersizes as them. so my advice to you would be to hit a few exersizes real hard.

if you mean less is more in terms of giving your body more rest, i am not a fan of too much rest. i like working every bodypart at least twice a week. anways, thats really your choice though. good luck.
    Old Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=687501
    New Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=735012