dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Active Recovery and GPP... Something Isn't Clicking for Me..

I don't quite get it. Let's see if I get this right...

GPP is designed to get you in shape so one could stand the rigors of lifting. Is this correct? What qualifies as a GPP exercise? Is it stuff that doesn't have an essentric phase? So... do walking lunges and cleans count? What are some other ideas that involve being indoors? And when exactly is GPP done? On off days or what?

And does GPP act as active recovery as well?

I am slightly confused?

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GPP would be sledd dragging and **** like that.

Active recovery is just extremly light weight for fairly high reps to get blood moving done on off days etc.

dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Oldtime
    GPP would be sledd dragging and **** like that.

Active recovery is just extremly light weight for fairly high reps to get blood moving done on off days etc.

How does this effect the nervous system at all? I was always brought up believing that rest days weren't only for you muscles but also for your brain?

The Giant Killer ShreddedShruggin's Avatar
    ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Farmer Walks would be considered GPP, imo.

-Shruggin

chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GPP is anything that gets you to the level you need to be at to lift weights (or do whatever sport you choose to participate in). If you were a kid who never played any sports or never played on the playground growing up, and now have crappy coordination because of it, then things like playing tag, basketball, baseball, etc would all be considered GPP. If you cant walk 100 feet without nearly passing out from lack of breath then cardio would be GPP. GPP is a small (very small) part of the big picture. Exta workouts are also a very small part of the big picture. If you work hard on your main days, rest on your off days, and eat everyday you will progress just fine. Dont major in the minor details.
    Charlie Telesco
    220lb Junior Powerlifter
    1757 total
    661 sq
    518 b
    578 dl

University of California at Santa Cruz

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dbcb314
    How does this effect the nervous system at all? I was always brought up believing that rest days weren't only for you muscles but also for your brain?
    Well what do you think? I love lifting. I enjoy just stretching out with the bar. If you don't like it, then don't do it. If you just do it for fitness, then don't sweat the details.

I think extra GPP work is over-rated. I prefer volume cycling. It will raise your overall work capacity over time, and you are working directly on what you need to be working on.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.