Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Misc was it wrong for me Dad to do this to me?

My dad is a senior citizen, and I am a minor. Ever since he retired, the government sent me 865 dollars in social security money. He retired two years ago. I just turned 18, and I got a mysterious check in the mail with my name on it. I open it, and wtfman. Its my check, straight from the treasury. Now whats wrong? I didn't know I got this. I have never seen the check, it always went to my dad's account through direct deposit. My mom did tell me that the government sent my dad money to take care of me. I didn't know that I actually got a check in my name, I didn't know that the money was MINE. My dad never spent 800 dollars on me a month. I don't think he ever did that in a year. I always assumed we were very poor hence why we didn't have money to get me iphones, ipods, a lot of clothes, video games, etc. My dad says the money went to rent. My mom doesn't know, their finances are separate. My dad didn't say anything about my current check because he knows I have to sign it and only I can cash it because im an adult.

Was it wrong that my dad spent my money on rent? I never even knew I had the money until yesterday.

I did the math and he spent approximately 20,000 of all my money. He also gets his own check of equal value.
    Last edited by miscunsername; 01-21-2013 at 12:19 PM.

miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10) miscunsername is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

in for answers

raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    why are u getting 800 dollar checks? ur disabled or something?

AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    lol wut? your dad's money from social security is his. the only way you are entitled to it is if he dies while you are a minor.

starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) starhunk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you're in the wrong. before you were 18 he couldn't kick you out so he had to pay for you to live under his roof, now that you're 18, and he's not getting the cheques, it's up to him if he wants to kick you out and you can buy your own rent and food with that money.

3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yo OP. THis your pops?

Originally Posted by AriGhold View Post
    lol wut? your dad's money from social security is his. the only way you are entitled to it is if he dies while you are a minor.
    It has my ****ing name on it.
    Originally Posted by raducote View Post
    why are u getting 800 dollar checks? ur disabled or something?
    minor children of retired people get checks

C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000) C0sta is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, because if you were living with your dad he spent it on rent so you would have somewhere to live. It doesn't say anywhere the money is supposed to go on buying you stuff, its to support you.

Nonregistered Nonuser bustermac's Avatar
    bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm paying for your leeches.

Just kidding.

But, I don't understand why he would get money to take care of you unless one of you has a disability. You're making it sound like something separate from normal SS for retiring.

In any case, he should be using it to support you and he is. You've had a free ride in life so far. Thank him. He doesn't owe you a penny. In fact, you owe him for being a supportive father.

yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by miscunsername View Post
    bump
    ITT: op deserves money he did nothing in any way, shape or form to earn.

No, that is not your cash bra. That is your dad's cash that is now yours since you are 18. The check you received is yours, all the others were not.

raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500) raducote is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    minor children of retired people get checks
    well considering he worked all his life to retire and that's the only reason ur getting the check, i'd say he was in the right on spending that money how ever he chose.

why are u still getting the check now that ur not a minor, tho?

Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't understand why you are getting checks from social security period?????
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If it flies, floats or ****s you're better off renting.
    Veteran Crew
    MFC

AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AngryDuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've no idea how the social security system works in America, but what's the problem with him paying the rent with the money so you have somewhere to live?

Don't like it? Get out and see how much you can get with $800 a month.

mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkramer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It has your name on it now that you are 18.

PS, you deserve $0.

cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjR904 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    would you rather have iphones, ipods, and chit or a roof over your f****** head OP?
    --OEF Afghanistan Bulk: 2012-13
    ***September 26 -154 lbs
    ***April 14- 179 lbs
    ***June 25- 173 somewhat leaned

*FLORIDA CREW*
    *LS1 CREW*

Originally Posted by raducote View Post
    well considering he worked all his life to retire and that's the only reason ur getting the check, i'd say he was in the right on spending that money how ever he chose.

why are u still getting the check now that ur not a minor, tho?
    Up to 20 or in secondary school.

Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke View Post
    I don't understand why you are getting checks from social security period?????
    I am the son of a retired man and I am under 20, and still going to school.

AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    okay i did look it up. OP gets money because his dad is retired under social security and he is still currently a minor. but the money is there so he can care for you so if your dad is using it to pay bills he is doing nothing wrong. it's not like it's your money to go out and buy some beats headphones and weed.

Nonregistered Nonuser bustermac's Avatar
    bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AngryDuck View Post
    I've no idea how the social security system works in America, but what's the problem with him paying the rent with the money so you have somewhere to live?

It usually doesn't work like this. Of course, that's probably because OP has no clue what he's talking about.

CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CheeseSteak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i side with your dad on this
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    Toronto Raptors

CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CrossCounter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you want to claim it, get da fuk out of his house and get your own place

Originally Posted by AngryDuck View Post

I can do a whole lot. I know many people. I couldn't do that to my parents.

Originally Posted by mkramer2 View Post
    It has your name on it now that you are 18.

PS, you deserve $0.
    I think it always had my name on it though.
    Originally Posted by cjR904 View Post
    would you rather have iphones, ipods, and chit or a roof over your f****** head OP?
    The thing is I think he already had the means to pay rent. Or else I would be proud to give him my money to pay rent.

RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So you're telling me that if you retire your govt just gives you money to take of your kids? Why wouldn't everyone just retire and receive free cheques from the govt?

And OP, go get a job and stop whining.

pool is home to a bandaid TriggerWarning's Avatar
    TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Send me the cheque and I can figure all this out for you

Originally Posted by RussWheeler View Post
    So you're telling me that if you retire your govt just gives you money to take of your kids? Why wouldn't everyone just retire and receive free cheques from the govt?

And OP, go get a job and stop whining.
    I have a job *******. Actually thinking of quitting my job because Social pays a lot more.

edit: How do you think black people drive nice ass cars and nice clothes? The government WILL take care of you.

Do the right thing and continue to give him your checks even though you don't have to.

Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Solubus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Okay. You know if God told him to use the money for you, he should. However, did he use your money wrong? Yes. That is because he should have told you at least because God would have told him to tell you about the money. The money did go to rent. That's expensive nowadays. If you have at least 3 people in your home and you live in San Francisco and each of you have your own room, then the rent can go up to 4000 a month. He should have spent the money on rent because he is a retired senior citizen and it is hard for him to get money in work.

If you think about it this way,you're actually a minor but it is easier for you to get a job using a resume than he is. There is a sort of discrimination against senior citizens and them getting jobs.

You won't be poor forever, though. God is watching over you.
    Any advice at all on any topic.

Solubus.wordpress.com

RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a job *******. Actually thinking of quitting my job because Social pays a lot more.

edit: How do you think black people drive nice ass cars and nice clothes? The government WILL take care of you.

u wot m8

WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Am I the only one a bit upset that money goes towards situations like this? Seriously?
    Squat - 425x1
    Bench - 315x1
    Deadlift - 540x1
    Total: 1280

mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can do a whole lot. I know many people. I couldn't do that to my parents.

I think it always had my name on it though.

The thing is I think he already had the means to pay rent. Or else I would be proud to give him my money to pay rent.
    well here's the thing OP ... you didn't give him anything either way ... the govt gave HIM money to take care of YOUR ass .. see how that works?
    You will be missed Hector_Blunts
    RIP
    (no homo)