Thread: Sodium Loading

gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sodium Loading

Okay, so I've heard of sodium loading for a bodybuilding competition, but I was wondering if this is something I should do for the figure comp I have coming up?

Any thoughts?

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did it once, and it was nerve racking to say the least.

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    i tried it for my last figure show and was not happy with the results at all! i will not do it again and would't recommend it to anyone!!!

alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why would you want to do that? We (my team) sodium-deplete, like, wash veggies with distilled water--ZERO sodium before competition, then carb-load the night before/day of. Do you just sodium load the night before/day of?

gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alohafitness
    Why would you want to do that? We (my team) sodium-deplete, like, wash veggies with distilled water--ZERO sodium before competition, then carb-load the night before/day of. Do you just sodium load the night before/day of?
    From what i've heard, you start sodium loading 2 weeks out and then 1 week out you sodium deplete. Something, once again, to trick your body. Again, from what i've heard the body starts to get used to dealing with all that sodium, and when you quickly shift to no sodium... the body is still working hard and i guess it is supposed to help with looking dryer and what not.

I'm not an expert, but I know my boyfriend is thinking about doing it for his bodybuilding comp. I was just curious if it is worth doing for a figure comp.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would experiment first before using any new tactic before a show.

Yea, I think I'm going to pass this time around. Try it later to see how I feel and how my body reacts.

figure07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm also doing a figure competition soon. My trainer is going to be cutting out my sodium completely soon. I'm not sure what to expect, but i trust her cause she's done lots of these competitions.

Originally Posted by figure07
    I'm also doing a figure competition soon. My trainer is going to be cutting out my sodium completely soon. I'm not sure what to expect, but i trust her cause she's done lots of these competitions.
    Don't cut sodium too soon. You can trick your body, but only for so long. Your body will rebound on you if you are not careful. I cut the sodium about Thursday.

Originally Posted by MsFit
    Don't cut sodium too soon. You can trick your body, but only for so long. Your body will rebound on you if you are not careful. I cut the sodium about Thursday.
    MsFit - for comps you don't sodium load you just cut out sodium the week right before the comp? I know everything works different for everybody, but i am just curious to know what you do since I know you have experience.