Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: P90X reviews??

MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There may be a lot of valid advice and good content in the program..

But...

That website reeks of "scam."

For example: "Get absolutely ripped in just 90 days..."

Anyone here want to tell me that the average TV-watching American can get "absolutely ripped" in 90 days on ANY program?

LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by whitemagic View Post
    I have to admit that I don't really believe all of the infomercials I see on TV selling life/body changing DVD workouts but someone mentioned that P90X is the real deal and can be extremely effective. Has anyone purchased or tried this? What did you think?

You can look it up on amazon or p90x dot com

Let me know what you think!

Thanks
    I believe that the P90X is the real deal. I mainly use this for my cardio. Its funny because I cant even use the treadmill anymore because I feel like I'm cheating myself by not pushing myself hard enough. The Kempo X and Cardio X are my main excersize routines. I feel a lot more flexible than I have in years....

LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LPMNDCTE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MithrilFox View Post

But...

Anyone here want to tell me that the average TV-watching American can get "absolutely ripped" in 90 days on ANY program?

Well, the thing is that I believe they take protein supplements and other things. I think you can get ripped in 90 days with this if you have great flexibility and stamina. But, I also think Billy Blanks trainning can get you ripped in the same time. If your not motivated though, your not going to get the results. I dont think the average TV-Watching American would have enough dedication or enough flexibility to get that ripped in 90 days. I think it would take more like 180 days because you need to work your way into the program.

MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MithrilFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LPMNDCTE View Post
    Well, the thing is that I believe they take protein supplements and other things. I think you can get ripped in 90 days with this if you have great flexibility and stamina. But, I also think Billy Blanks trainning can get you ripped in the same time. If your not motivated though, your not going to get the results. I dont think the average TV-Watching American would have enough dedication or enough flexibility to get that ripped in 90 days. I think it would take more like 180 days because you need to work your way into the program.
    To be able to pack on enough muscle to look ripped, and then to burn off enough fat while maintaining that muscle all in the span of 90 days... that'd be amazing. Anyone who can do that without starting out with decent muscle is a machine.

T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think the key to the whole ripped thing is that you already have to be in decent shape. If you look at a lot of those before after pics - many of those people are already thinnish and most likely in some sort of shape. And of course they are going to show all the folks who cut up easier than those who don't.

dhs82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What kind of weights is needed for those of you who used them with the Power 90X? I would really like to try this program out, but do not want to purchase the adjustable weights that are a minimum $400. Did you use the same weight for all of the exercises? Thanks.

Donnie

You can use dumbells and resistant bands. Dumbell bars are less than $10 each at Walmart. Just get some inexpensive free weights of Craigs List...

Thanks. Do you use the same weight for each exercise or did you use multiple weights?

T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use 3 kinds of dumbells and two resistance bands. For dumbells 25, 30 and 35. I bought their resistance bands for variety and use the green and red - the brown is to easy for me. For one of the standing shoulder presses, I'm going to have to up the weight because I will max out 15 reps twice before the next phase.

BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im doing a bulk right now and trying not to add to much fat. Once Im done in 3months or so Im going to do the P90X. Its differant and I think its the real deal...
    My cutting log:
    -----------------------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=513460853#post513460853

boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My results are from P90X

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=1527

see for yourself.

boostedjosh,

Did you use the bands or free weights?

boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) boostedjosh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dhs82 View Post
    boostedjosh,

Did you use the bands or free weights?
    I've got a pull up station (the kind with a dip bar on one side and pull up on the other) and a set of adjustable free weights 10-50lbs. I could really use a some heavier weights but damn things are expensive. My wife uses the bands (and some 5's/10's) and a pull up bar on the door frame.

Originally Posted by boostedjosh View Post
    My results are from P90X

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=1527

see for yourself.
    Great progress man.

Unfortunately, 6 months does not equal 90 days .

So, the P90X claim still fails.

sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great progress man.

Dude, is there a bone you need to pick with Tony Horton? Sure, getting ripped in 90 days is probably not going to happen, but the objective of effective marketing is to make products attractive so people actually buy them. I'm just saying that P90x may not get you ripped in 90 days and the trix rabbitt may not try to take your cereal, but people puchase the things that appealt to them whether the claims are true or not...it makes the free market society work (although not that well recently)

Great progress man.

I lost 40lbs in the first 90 days. The 2nd round was over the holidays and I still managed to loose another 15.

You can't expect someone who had the body fat % that I had to be ripped in 90 days but you can't argue with the results man.

I had lost 10lbs in 5 months on my own. I was going to the gym 5 times a week and spending at least an hour each time doing a balance of weights and cardio. I was watching what I was eating and keeping a decent diet but just wasn't making progress. I followed the P90X plan and boom I was in better shape with more flexibility than I had maybe ever been before.

It is just a very well balanced FITNESS plan. It works if you put forth the effort, and for people like me who don't lack motivation but maybe lacked a good recipe to get in shape it worked wonders.

On top of that with the DVD's, weights, and pull up station, I was out less than $500. It was money well spent.

juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm with those that are giving it a positive review. Its not going to make you Jay Cutler but it is very intense and if you keep a decent diet your going to see results. I've been lifting weights and doing cardio for almost 10 years and I found the resistance workouts very hard. For example, Monday is Chest and Back. Your literally doing 12 sets of Chest and 12 sets of Back one after another. Its really tough and your burning lots of calories. Like I said, if you wanna be a big bodybuilder this isn't for you, but if you wanna have a "beach body" its exactly what you should be doing. Not to mention it covers every aspect of fitness. Great program in my opinion. If don't believe it, try it.

Originally Posted by sam31503 View Post
    Dude, is there a bone you need to pick with Tony Horton? Sure, getting ripped in 90 days is probably not going to happen, but the objective of effective marketing is to make products attractive so people actually buy them. I'm just saying that P90x may not get you ripped in 90 days and the trix rabbitt may not try to take your cereal, but people puchase the things that appealt to them whether the claims are true or not...it makes the free market society work (although not that well recently)
    Nah I have no problem with whoever that guy is. I don't even know who you are talking about, I assume he created the P90X program.

My problem is with the false advertising. It's a complete lie for the vast majority of everyone who is going to look at getting that program. Without qualifying the statement, it should be labeled as false advertising and they should be fined.

I've got little tolerance for the rampant abuse of the consumer that occurs in both diet and bodybuilding circles. Consumers are rung out and hung up to dry regularly by companies that flat-out lie to them.

P90X may be one of the most effective programs with the standard false advertising, but why do they need to lie to people? No, you can't just get "ripped" in 90 days. For probably 90-98% of all the people who purchase that product, that claim is a complete and total lie.

juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nah I have no problem with whoever that guy is. I don't even know who you are talking about, I assume he created the P90X program.

My problem is with the false advertising. It's a complete lie for the vast majority of everyone who is going to look at getting that program. Without qualifying the statement, it should be labeled as false advertising and they should be fined.

I've got little tolerance for the rampant abuse of the consumer that occurs in both diet and bodybuilding circles. Consumers are rung out and hung up to dry regularly by companies that flat-out lie to them.

P90X may be one of the most effective programs with the standard false advertising, but why do they need to lie to people? No, you can't just get "ripped" in 90 days. For probably 90-98% of all the people who purchase that product, that claim is a complete and total lie.

I don't know about that. If your just a regular person (not obese, but you don't really workout) and you start taking your diet seriously and use this program, I would venture to say that you could look pretty damn good. This program is very tough. My brother in law plays semi professional soccer and they do plyos once a week in the off season. He says the P90x plyos are harder than what they do, and this guy is fit.

xJayJayx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum, but just wanted to say I just ordered the P90X program today and should be receiving it in about a week.

I'm real excited to be starting this program and to improve my physical fitness and overall health.

I will post back and let everyone know if it works for me or not!

erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500) erikhutson is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you just want some basic strength or to look good this program will do it for you. If your an athlete or someone who wants to compete stick with the weights and supplement this in...great program but all it comes down to really is body weight exercises.

I would still choose crossfit over this program simply because one of the girls is like there chest and back routine cut down to 15-20 minutes.

ARX is the best, I dont even bother with any other type of ab routine.

The diet is 90% of this program which is a very sound 50-30-20 one month to a 40-30-30 the next and then going 50-30-20 carbs the last month.

Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

But...

Absolutely.

Follow the program....nutrition and workouts. It's not too difficult, they give you everything you need.
    -Dig a little deeper and I know you'll find strength inside -

sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sam31503 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

back to my point products make claims that make products appealing to consumers. Would anyone buy a fitness program if it claimed that it might work for you....I can imagine those infomercials now......call now and you can own this program that might work for you or might not work for you. Phones probably wouldnt be ringing off the hook. Millions of people buy products of all types due to claims that are made by the commercials, buyer beware. Just got my p90x and it clearly states that the program isnt suited for all individuals. TV is full of commercials that make false promises...everyone knows that.

United We ███████████ SemperParatus's Avatar
    SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I haven't tried it, but my wife does it and loves it. She's getting pretty cut and she's gained a lot of strength.

As a BB program, it's not going to do anything for size, and if that's all you did, you'll probably lose some size. But if you use it to cut and continue to hit the gym I think it would work great and you'd probably gain some strength. That's what I plan to do when I'm done bulking.
    ***Misc Survivalist Crew***
    +Misc Zombie Survival Squad - SAAT OIC+

AMERICAN OUTLAW - GO USA!

Originally Posted by juve07 View Post
    I don't know about that. If your just a regular person (not obese, but you don't really workout) and you start taking your diet seriously and use this program, I would venture to say that you could look pretty damn good. This program is very tough. My brother in law plays semi professional soccer and they do plyos once a week in the off season. He says the P90x plyos are harder than what they do, and this guy is fit.
    Yeah, the plyometrics is probably the most difficult because of all the squat like excersizes. With stretching, I believe that the disc is almost an hour and 20 minutes long. Once you do this, you will kick ass on the basketball court...

... I think I did the video like 3 times, and I can jump higher than before and with more energy.

Originally Posted by sam31503 View Post
    back to my point products make claims that make products appealing to consumers. Would anyone buy a fitness program if it claimed that it might work for you....I can imagine those infomercials now......call now and you can own this program that might work for you or might not work for you. Phones probably wouldnt be ringing off the hook. Millions of people buy products of all types due to claims that are made by the commercials, buyer beware. Just got my p90x and it clearly states that the program isnt suited for all individuals. TV is full of commercials that make false promises...everyone knows that.
    Different issue. It's not about being brutally honest, but about not making ridiculous claims that are basically just lies.

No, 95-99% of all the people watching that commercial CANNOT be "ripped in 90 days."

PERIOD. It's a lie for the vast, vast majority of everyone who it is told to. They know this.

Instead of saying that ridiculous, scam-like statement, why not be more down-to-earth? "Get in the best shape of your life." "Look and feel better in 90 days!" "Build muscle tone and lose the flab in 90 days!"

All of those are much closer to the truth. They can be a commercial and make "commercial statements" without sounding like a scam.

soccerpro26z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've done the p90x and it worked great for me. What I like best about them is that they have all kinds of online support and other programs for those who need a little more motivation.

If anyone has any questions about it or any of their other products, just send me a message!

Blade
    Check out my website to get all of my contact info and to read my story. teambeachbody.com/bladez

Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Courage_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Different issue. It's not about being brutally honest, but about not making ridiculous claims that are basically just lies.

No, 95-99% of all the people watching that commercial CANNOT be "ripped in 90 days."

PERIOD. It's a lie for the vast, vast majority of everyone who it is told to. They know this.

Instead of saying that ridiculous, scam-like statement, why not be more down-to-earth? "Get in the best shape of your life." "Look and feel better in 90 days!" "Build muscle tone and lose the flab in 90 days!"

All of those are much closer to the truth. They can be a commercial and make "commercial statements" without sounding like a scam.
    Have you tried/done it?
    -Dig a little deeper and I know you'll find strength inside -

TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Courage_21 View Post
    Have you tried/done it?

Welcome to bb.com, where everyone has an opinion about something they have never tried. I'm waiting for the steroid accusation to come into this discussion about the before/after pics... Maybe typical BB routines just aren't the best way to go about things....

Does anyone have a good alternative for the p90x recovery drink and p90x bars? I really dont feel like spending 45/month for the drink and another 60 on bars.